Panthers feeder club Blacktown Workers link with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The sea panthers.

Manly has not respected the importance of our junior and feeder clubs for years. It is now starting to show and take effect whilst all other clubs are starting to reap the rewards of their nurturing of their 20's sides we are struggling with our own and other teams veterans and a few other ragtags

I can certainly see it as a positive. Linking with a club bordering the Parramatta/Penrith leagues, given their talent pools, should prove to be fruitful.

The sea panthers.

Manly has not respected the importance of our junior and feeder clubs for years. It is now starting to show and take effect whilst all other clubs are starting to reap the rewards of their nurturing of their 20's sides we are struggling with our own and other teams veterans and a few other ragtags
They allowed the Rorters to take the Central Coast as their feeder area @:mad:

I'd really like to see a draft.

This association with Blacktown is probably a good move, and good work to the club but it highlights, how rubbish the NRL are at managing this game.

Shane Richardson dribbled these arguments a few year or so ago against a draft, but the NRL and the league hierarchy has peddled these excuses since Jesus was a boy.

1 The NRL wants a system where players from an area, can grow up in and represent a there local team in that area.

2. Its not fair for the kids to travel for employment.

3. A draft is not how league historically has operated, the game would lose some of its character.

Is it hypocritical?

Right now, Half of qld plays for Melbourne.

Kids from the central coast get to grow up dreaming of playing for their area, because central coast is right next to Bondi.

Now westies at black town and Manly you couldn't get more intrinsically linked could you.

The only thing a draft would change is melbourne, Brisbane, Roosters, Penrith and Warriors having dibs on the best young kids.

If the nrl is going to follow Richo's plan and turn the 2nd tier into a regional comp then why not tap into a regional area? Say the new England area of Tamworth and surrounds. Plenty of footy mad folk, good juniors, a quality ground and sh*tloads of Manly supporters.
Try and get wests and north Tamworth involved, west Tamworth has $, and make it part of our junior and supporter catchment. All depends what model they actually use for this comp but I'd like to see it.

I think norths and the central coast are silly, cutting off their noses to spite their faces by not going with manly.

But good on blacktown, I'm more than happy to have them as part of an alliance with manly. They are probably doing it to spite parra and Penrith, anyway.

Won't someone think of the Cougar!

Jamie B should be the Patron if not captain / coach.

Eh?

Jamie Buhrer doesn't have any ties with Blacktown Workers. He played club footy for Doonside until he went to high school at Patrician Brothers Blacktown (thus played for St Pats from then on).

Blacktown has two clubs - Workers and City - apart from St Pats, which is associated with the school.

Jamie B could just as easily have come through Penrith's junior reps, if he'd gone to Terra Sancta instead of Patrician Brothers. The 'Parramatta junior' thing is mostly balls, Doonside is a Penrith JRL club and St Pats' club sides also play in that comp.

Eh?

Jamie Buhrer doesn't have any ties with Blacktown Workers. He played club footy for Doonside until he went to high school at Patrician Brothers Blacktown (thus played for St Pats from then on).

Blacktown has two clubs - Workers and City - apart from St Pats, which is associated with the school.

Jamie B could just as easily have come through Penrith's junior reps, if he'd gone to Terra Sancta instead of Patrician Brothers. The 'Parramatta junior' thing is mostly balls, Doonside is a Penrith JRL club and St Pats' club sides also play in that comp.
I used to work in blacktown years ago, i had a conversation with Jamie a few seasons ago where i was putting sh1t on the town and he was proud of the area.

On a side note it used to be colloquially known as "The Blacks Town" before being named officially Blacktown.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6