Panthers feeder club Blacktown Workers link with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
image.jpeg

Blacktown seems to already be well endowed with AFL, Soccer, Rugby, Baseball grounds !! where are all the League grounds? seems the area they occupy now is bigger than where they are proposed to be .
I remember playing baseball against blackstown the OR in workers always looked like AN on their tops.

Any Blacktown locals among us? What do they think about it??
Bet they are over the moon to end up in bed with Manly lol.

I went on a fact finding mission. It is situated next to a fine Scottish restaurant off the Reservoir Rd exit on the M4. Plenty of superb haircuts and more importantly tattoos ... Kids out here would win a fight vs kids on the peninsula I reckon.

Out here on the perimeter there are no stars

image.jpeg

Guess being we buy a lot a lower grade players, having the relationship with Blacktown just means they don't have to drive far? At least we have a chance of finding another player like Hasler was.

@Loobs re Jamie B

If there was a bus from Patrician Bros, Blacktown to Brookie every week I wouldn't mind. Train, free meal and an afternoon at the beach would be a superb incentive for these young blokes.

Sea Eagles declare NRL pathway for local juniors will continue
41088e1acf206eef3c9df3422ea9c963

Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
July 7, 2016 2:23pm
41088e1acf206eef3c9df3422ea9c963

THE Sea Eagles have declared that their new association with the Blacktown Workers rugby league club will have no effect on the junior footballers on the peninsula.

They say the pathway will still be there for them to follow in the footsteps of locals Darcy Lussick and Tom and Jake Trbojevic, who are currently starring in the Manly NRL side.

Board member Peter Peters said the new arrangement did not mean the club would be launching attacking raids players on players from the western suburbs at the expense of those born and bred on the northern beaches.

c43b5305ef84b9ea6db9928ec2c66d9f

media_cameraSea Eagles' Darcy Lussick tackled by Cowboys' defence including from left, Jake Granville, Scott Bolton (at back) and Patrick Kaufusi during the Round 16 NRL match between the North Queensland Cowboys and the Manly Sea Eagles at 1300 Smiles Stadium in Townsville, Monday, June 27, 2016. (AAP Image/Michael Chambers) NO ARCHIVING, EDITORIAL USE ONLY
“Our junior league is weak, we have quality but we don’t have quantity,” Peters said.

“And most clubs in the NRL have arrangements with well-heeled areas like the Mounties at Mt Pritchard where the Raiders send their players and the Roosters have Wyong.

“And the opportunity is there for our kids to come through and that will always be case as it has been for 70 years.”

The main change is that next year contracted players who don’t make the top 17 NRL squad will play for the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles in the NSW Cup.

Check out 'Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles' on Facebook and Instagram and give them a 'Like' and a 'Follow' for their latest NSW Cup signings. Expect some big signings to be announced in the coming weeks.

Done.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4