Post-Game Discussion Panthers v Manly [Round 6, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Panthers
Vs
Sea Eagles
44 Bluebet Stadium
08 Apr 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

The tone was set on Panthers first set, when they opened up the right edge to run an 80m set.

And then further enforced when we got a penalty, and Harper takes the tap,,,,and decides a pass for DCE to take the opening hit up is the best play.

An absolute shambles from the beginning.

No I’m quite serious.

They’ve had two very close tough games , then play the Premiers away and get belted.

So , how they roll up their sleeves next week is a big tell on the rest of the year,

Lay down and get belted at home , season over.

I assure you , not posted “ just for likes “.
The raiders have just shown what is needed after a flogging from Penrith.
Brutal defence. Massive heart. And be willing to spill a cpl buckets of blood (and that was just Rapana!).

The tone was set on Panthers first set, when they opened up the right edge to run an 80m set.

And then further enforced when we got a penalty, and Harper takes the tap,,,,and decides a pass for DCE to take the opening hit up is the best play.

An absolute shambles from the beginning.
I think that first 40 minutes was the worst performance from any Manly side I've ever seen, and I've been watching them since 1967!

The Panthers are so far ahead of the pack when they play like that and Manly is out of their league. I can't see a bounce back against the Storm but I will pray for a miracle.

Can’t believe people are surprised. our form line was horrible. And our tam isn’t very good and our best player may as well not be playing

We best a depleted bulldogs team
Had a bye
Just beat the eels and did our best to lose it
We’re unlucky against the bunnies but still lacked the polish, professionalism and desire to win
Drew against a hopeless knights

Our captain is a huge ****ing issue and had been for years

Parker and Harper both need to go

Croker can’t even tackle anymore

Whole squad needs a massive attitude adjustment.
I don't agree about Parker, I think he still needs a good stabalizing energy next to a more dynamic 3/4 like Koula. It has been alarming how much Croker has dropped off in the very one category he actually provides value (defence). He offers sweet FA else, so when his defence is off he really pulls us down. All the rest I agree with whole-heartedly.

Add in the ridiculous porcelain states of the two supposed stars in Schu and Turbo and the place really stinks. We have no gritty mentality like the Dolphins to overcome such deficits. Sad really for a Manly team.

That was Wests Tigers level of garbage. Didn’t want to be there, & that performance was worse than any pride jersey garbage from last year.

I’ve watched Weaks through youth teams & was never remotely a half - 0 kicking game 0 passing game. What were those clown coaches thinking.

2 crap coaches still doesn’t = 1 good coach. Said that when they were picked.

& when you pick a 3rd grader in Parker the plan is to lose the game.

It’s all psychological with Turbo. It will be a couple more weeks/Months before he’s confident again.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Panthers: 44
Manly: 12

340237280_776667093696976_6983198394462431255_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

340276694_712526340650304_6243497787284021641_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

laughing-lol.gif

frustrated-clipart-tumultuous-4.png

Pressers:
Manly Sea Eagles Press Conference | Fox Sports Videos
Penrith Panthers Press Conference | Fox Sports Videos

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

‘Why on earth?’: Trbojevic injury scare

Panthers thrash Manly in dominant win | Fox Sports Videos

43-year NRL ‘demolition derby’ stuns

Pre-season pretenders: Manly myth exposed

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

No Judiciary Charges laid against any of our players. Refer:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just throwing on the replay as I was out last night and missed the game.

Know the score though so strapping in for a rough watch

That first Kelma miss was almost unbelievably awful.

Almost as bad as Saabs facial hair situation

I don't know why I put myself through it but I just watched the game again ...... Didn't get any better. Got worse.......

I'm beginning to think that dce may not be the best person to give the side structure 'shape' (whatever that is) and general guidance throughout games.

He says himself 'he's a heads up player, plays off the cuff, etc' but I think getting caught with the ball on the 5th...running from side to side...etc just isn't good enough.

It's like the game is past him. I remember when Foz was halfback and said to Hamole...just run I'm flinging you the ball all day...that side had a pretty good day.

Dce - it's like no one knows what he is going to do and everything gets stifled or plays break down. It's ok if cliffy does it... he'd at least throw Menzies (or himself) into gaps...but we desperately need an organiser that helps build a platform, not "oh what are we going to get this time?" with a half.

I don't like (overly) bagging players but I've been seeing this for awhile. He can play footy, I just don't think he's in the right position anymore. He's too random too often.

I dunno.

In a post match interview, Nathan Cleary said the Panthers knew Manly's strength is in the middle, so they targeted our edges from the onset. He also said that Weekes is a very good young player - they deliberately singled him out in attack & defence.

Two weeks ago, with Koula & Schuster playing, Manly's edge defence was solid against Souths.

In 2021, we had reliable defence on the left edge with Foran, Schuster & Parker.

Harper's defence was terrier-like in 2021, but fell away after the (covid enhanced) Talakai debacle last year. Early in yesterday's game a Fox commentator said that Tago was doing a Talakai on Harper (or words to that effect).

With regular defensive misreadings from our 7 & 11, our right edge can be DiCEy. Good teams exploit this.

[edited]

Last edited:
Not blaming Tom, but he was a shadow of himself. His defence was rubbish. Didn’t try to put his body on the line once to save trys: He was like a butterfly in defence. I understand he wants to be out there. But if back spasms prevent him from giving his all he needs to be off the field.
Manly need to learn from the Phins how to play like a team without stars.

I'm beginning to think that dce may not be the best person to give the side structure 'shape' (whatever that is) and general guidance throughout games.

He says himself 'he's a heads up player, plays off the cuff, etc' but I think getting caught with the ball on the 5th...running from side to side...etc just isn't good enough.

It's like the game is past him. I remember when Foz was halfback and said to Hamole...just run I'm flinging you the ball all day...that side had a pretty good day.

Dce - it's like no one knows what he is going to do and everything gets stifled or plays break down. It's ok if cliffy does it... he'd at least throw Menzies (or himself) into gaps...but we desperately need an organiser that helps build a platform, not "oh what are we going to get this time?" with a half.

I don't like (overly) bagging players but I've been seeing this for awhile. He can play footy, I just don't think he's in the right position anymore. He's too random too often.

I dunno.
I agree about the shape thing, at times whoever is on his outside doesn't seem to know what the plan is, maybe there isn't one. It's a problem.

More of a problem is our right defence being outnumbered so easily, Harper routinely gets blamed but a couple of times early in the game we just didn't have defenders in place. DCE is on that side and by far our most experienced player so not sure what is going on there.

On the credit side though when we finally got some possession he did set up our 2 tries with kicks, which is as many as any side has been able to score against the Panthers so far this year.

I agree about the shape thing, at times whoever is on his outside doesn't seem to know what the plan is, maybe there isn't one. It's a problem.

More of a problem is our right defence being outnumbered so easily, Harper routinely gets blamed but a couple of times early in the game we just didn't have defenders in place. DCE is on that side and by far our most experienced player so not sure what is going on there.

On the credit side though when we finally got some possession he did set up our 2 tries with kicks, which is as many as any side has been able to score against the Panthers so far this year.

Has... anyone said second half was 12 all (for a positive?)

main-qimg-8e9f5c5233a193f43c0360036147ac61

(tanks/thanks)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8