[Resurrected] Parcell the next to go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm with Barrett...Api is the better of the two and Lewis Brown is only going to get a spot in the side as a utility. I actually think that our depth in the forwards has worked against Parcell because Brown is no longer considered a chance of playing in the forwards so with Api and Brown covering the 9 and Joey Lussick looking the goods at training, it's meant that Parcell is surplus to requirements.

Manly are dragging the chain a bit here. You'd think that by this time of year, Parcell would be wrapped up.

Haha! No wait...you don't wrap a parcel do you? You wrap a present, then it becomes a parcel. Well feck it all then!

Wrapped up. Pffft. One thing's for sure....I don't like Olly Murs. Nor French walls and I really hate multi-use radio systems.

Yeah, think about that for a while. No don't!

Api is the first choice hooker. He is imo the better all round player. Which left parcell the back up hooker when Api got injured. Cameron Cullen can also fill in at hooker. Would of been nice to keep them both, but if he has left for a regular first grade spot - best of luck. Interesting no other NRL side was interested in him.

Parcell > Api

Maybe Parcell is better than Api, but I don't think we will ever know. It's all about the timing, and he didn't get a chance to show his potential, Api,on the other hand was in the thick of it. It seems the choice has been made, and while Api is learning to pass, it seems the Parcell has already been passed.

We are trying to to free up money for someone. So is this a move to bring Beal in? I though we are covered in the backs with Uate, Walker, Kelly and Taufua to start. Unless we are also moving Tautua as well....? Also BJ being shopped. Who knows whats going on. Maybe Stewart or Matai won't get medically retired so we need to shed players to get under the cap...?
Who's running this circus! Parcell is a gun!

Last edited:
I'm sure we would agree with this:

Api has to be in the side, or at worst on the bench as a utility.

Parcell, is 24, and has prospects, but had a bad year with injury.

Brown has the goat photos, so will be in the team, or on the bench.

Therefore, I'm thinking Parcell was looking at a long stint in the Reggies, unless we cop some early injuries to Api and Brown. There are 2 spots available, and Parcell looks like missing out. He has all but signed a 3 year deal with Leeds. He had 2 years left on his contract with us, so we free up some cap space, and move on. Best of luck to you Matty... we can't keep them all!
Really dumb move, if true. If it's so easy to get rid of players who have signed contracts then Plod and Poo are the ideal ones to punt.

I refuse to believe this until it is confirmed. Only a fool could believe the long term future of our club lies in Api Korosau as first choice hooker. The only way this makes even an iota of sense is if they have another player in mind to replace him which seems unlikely.

And this garbage that Parcell is injury prone is just plain ridiculous He had a season last year where he couldn't take a trick with injury. Happens to almost everyone at some stage and he has no history of it up here in Queensland.

Plain stupid if true.

So now our long term future lies with a guy who basically cannot distribute the football( the primary function of a 9)and cannot pass at all left to right. Only Leisha from the Dogs approaches Apis incompetence in this area. He also misses many more tackles than most other rakes which is hidden by the odd big hit.

There must be another option in the wings other than a combo of Api and Brown or this is plain madness.

There is no swap for Seggy because a) the salaries don't match up and b) Seggy has like a 400K transfer fee.

One thing to remember about Api as well is that he wasn't fully fit last year. He was injured at the 9's, rushed back and soldiered on. I'd imagine his head was all over the shop too so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. He is a premiership winning 9 after all...
The b) part would most likely be negated if Manly released Parcell to them.
Bennett didn't care when Ballin left the Broncos for us either.
and Ash Taylor

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8