Parcell vs Api vs Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
Not trying to stir up any trouble, just good to see Parcell doing so well.

Matt Parcell - Leeds Rhinos
Tries - 7 (0.63 per game)
Try Assists - 7 (0.63 per game)
Tackles - 409* (37.18 per game)
Missed Tackles - 20 (1.81 per game)
Tackle Breaks - 23 (2.09 per game)
Carries - 97 (8.81 per game)
Metres - 645 (58.63m per game)
Metres per carry - 6.65m
Errors - 6 (0.54 per game)
Offloads - 14 (1.27 per game)
Penalties - 8 (0.72 per game)
* competition leader

Ok, now I will stir everyone up and compare him to Api this year hahaha! Bring on the TROLLS:

Apisai Koroisau - Manly Sea Eagles
Tries - 1 (0.14 per game)
Try Assists - 2 (0.28 per game)
Tackles - 260 (37.14 per game)
Missed Tackles - 28 (4.0 per game)
Tackle Breaks - 8 (1.14 per game)
Carries - 34 (4.85 per game)
Metres - 359 (51.28m per game)
Metres per Carry - 10.55m
Errors - 5 (0.71 per game)
Offloads - 2 (0.28 per game)
Penalties - 5 (0.71 per game)
Minutes Played - 447 (64mins per game)

Finally, while Hastings has seen limited action these are his stats so far this season:

Jackson Hastings - Manly Sea Eagles
Tries - 1 (0.33 per game)
Try Assists - 0 (0 per game)
Tackles - 17 (5.66 per game)
Missed Tackles - 2 (0.66 per game)
Tackle Breaks - 1 (0.33 per game)
Carries - 2 (0.66 per game)
Metres - 27 (9m per game)
Metres per Carry - 13.5m
Errors - 0 (0 per game)
Offloads - 0 (0.0 per game)
Penalties - 1 (0.33 per game)
Mins Played - 56 - (19mins per game)

Interestingly, a lot of the stats are very even. The obvious glaring differences is the tries, try assists, missed tackles and offloads at are all heavily in Parcell's favor.

The key point to not though is that Api generally only players 60-65mins whilst I believe Parcell plays the full 80mins. Parcell also leads the league in runs from dummy half, however; his metres per carry isn't great so he obviously is forcing this at times.

If Api can sort out his missed tackles and service he would be a serviceable hooker.

As for Hastings, considering he has only played 3 games for an average of 19mins each hit-out his stats aren't too bad. He has only carried the ball twice for good metres, but at the end of the day the sample size is far too small to draw much from it.

On the plus side for Api, he current performance would mean he is a top 5-10 hooker in the Superleague. Unfortunately we play in the NRL so there is that small issue.

I actually wouldn't mind giving Hastings more of a go at hooker due to his service alone. Api would make a pretty good utility if we can scrap Brown to Blacktown. You could then use Api as a utility to play a roving ball player in the middle of the field against tired forwards. Potentially look to bring someone like Wintstein off for him with 15-20 mins to go in each half.

Stupid comparison, super league is a worse comp than QLD cup. Players only go to super league for the massive overs you can get. Parcell can dominate super league all he wants but when he played NRL it showed his true quality. He simply wasn't good enough but Im happy to see him dominate sl.

Stupid comparison, super league is a worse comp than QLD cup. Players only go to super league for the massive overs you can get. Parcell can dominate super league all he wants but when he played NRL it showed his true quality. He simply wasn't good enough but Im happy to see him dominate sl.

Sorry but Superleague is in no way worse than QLD Cup. It is a lessor comp than NRL yes, but I would argue that it is the second best comp in the world.

As for Api being a better option an Parcell, whilst it is now completely irrelevant, Parcell was a better option. He was good enough. I suspect the reason we got rid of him was due to the need to clear some space to account incoming players. Nobody wanted Api, but Leeds wanted Parcell.

Sorry but Superleague is in no way worse than QLD Cup. It is a lessor comp than NRL yes, but I would argue that it is the second best comp in the world.

As for Api being a better option an Parcell, whilst it is now completely irrelevant, Parcell was a better option. He was good enough. I suspect the reason we got rid of him was due to the need to clear some space to account incoming players. Nobody wanted Api, but Leeds wanted Parcell.
I don't think Parcell was a better option. He had good passing yes but Api trumps in every other area plain and simple add to that Api has been very good for us this year and the constant crap he cops is unjustified, he's been really good and has put his name into the origin selection ring. And the comment that no one would want Api is hilarious as soon as he was on the market the year before he had plenty of teams chasing him. The reason Parcell was let go becuase 1. He wasn't the number 1 hooker at the club. 2. He wasn't going to get a shot because we didn't need him, he obviously got an offer took it asked for a release.

The origin stuff is plain garbage. We all know that .If you take out Queenslanders Pommies and Kiwis plus a couple of 10 gamers who they would never consider there are 3 or 4 blokes to pick from for NSW. That's the only reason it is mentioned and it's still ridiculous.

It is Farah or Wallace for sure. A broken down veteran and an old converted half so the competition is feeble and it is the blues absolute Achilles heel.

I'm a maroon but if the blues ever put a bloke who can't psss or kick in origin up against Smith I'll run naked down George Street and you don't want to see that !!!

Watch Hodgson tonight. That is the skill set and standard we need.

And the QRL which I watch every week is not even close to Super League standard. Good stepping stone to NRL but that's it.The top super league clubs compete well in the club challenge. I would hate to see my club Burleigh(who won the comp) play Storm or Sharks. It would be a bloodbath.

Last edited:
I don't think Parcell was a better option. He had good passing yes but Api trumps in every other area plain and simple add to that Api has been very good for us this year and the constant crap he cops is unjustified, he's been really good and has put his name into the origin selection ring. And the comment that no one would want Api is hilarious as soon as he was on the market the year before he had plenty of teams chasing him. The reason Parcell was let go becuase 1. He wasn't the number 1 hooker at the club. 2. He wasn't going to get a shot because we didn't need him, he obviously got an offer took it asked for a release.

I'm sorry but can you please explain how Api trumps Parcell in every area but passing? When he was at Manly, Parcell made as many tackles and missed less. And the crap Api cops, especially about his lack of passing is totally justified.

As for Api being an Origin hooker? Look, I like Api's heart and enthusiasm but in no way known will he ever be an origin hooker.

I would hate to see my club Burleigh(who won the comp) play Storm or Sharks. It would be a bloodbath.

We all saw the 2016 Sea eagles (NRL standard?) v Ipswich (Qld cup champs if If I remember correctly) before last season. It did not go well for anybody involved.

Hey @Turbo1 ... here is something for you to consider when disagreeing.....

2016 stats (from the NRL website).

Api Koroisau
18 games. Tackles per game: 32.2. Missed tackles: 3.9. Errors: 0.7
http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiersh...ubid/5/playerid/2050/seasonid/44/default.aspx

Matt Parcell
15 games. Tackles per game: 36.2. Missed tackles: 1.1. Errors: 0.4
http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiersh...ubid/5/playerid/6992/seasonid/44/default.aspx

Take off the rose coloured glasses once in a while kid. When it boils down to it there is a reason why (with Parcell no longer at Manly), calls are getting louder for Hastings to be our #9 rather than Api.

Any talk about Api playing hooker for NSW is laughable. Even most Manly fans think they'd still be better off picking Farah, and people have wanted him gone from Origin for years.

Last edited:
Not trying to stir up any trouble, just good to see Parcell doing so well.

Matt Parcell - Leeds Rhinos
Tries - 7 (0.63 per game)
Try Assists - 7 (0.63 per game)
Tackles - 409* (37.18 per game)
Missed Tackles - 20 (1.81 per game)
Tackle Breaks - 23 (2.09 per game)
Carries - 97 (8.81 per game)
Metres - 645 (58.63m per game)
Metres per carry - 6.65m
Errors - 6 (0.54 per game)
Offloads - 14 (1.27 per game)
Penalties - 8 (0.72 per game)
* competition leader

Ok, now I will stir everyone up and compare him to Api this year hahaha! Bring on the TROLLS:

Apisai Koroisau - Manly Sea Eagles
Tries - 1 (0.14 per game)
Try Assists - 2 (0.28 per game)
Tackles - 260 (37.14 per game)
Missed Tackles - 28 (4.0 per game)
Tackle Breaks - 8 (1.14 per game)
Carries - 34 (4.85 per game)
Metres - 359 (51.28m per game)
Metres per Carry - 10.55m
Errors - 5 (0.71 per game)
Offloads - 2 (0.28 per game)
Penalties - 5 (0.71 per game)
Minutes Played - 447 (64mins per game)

Finally, while Hastings has seen limited action these are his stats so far this season:

Jackson Hastings - Manly Sea Eagles
Tries - 1 (0.33 per game)
Try Assists - 0 (0 per game)
Tackles - 17 (5.66 per game)
Missed Tackles - 2 (0.66 per game)
Tackle Breaks - 1 (0.33 per game)
Carries - 2 (0.66 per game)
Metres - 27 (9m per game)
Metres per Carry - 13.5m
Errors - 0 (0 per game)
Offloads - 0 (0.0 per game)
Penalties - 1 (0.33 per game)
Mins Played - 56 - (19mins per game)

Interestingly, a lot of the stats are very even. The obvious glaring differences is the tries, try assists, missed tackles and offloads at are all heavily in Parcell's favor.

The key point to not though is that Api generally only players 60-65mins whilst I believe Parcell plays the full 80mins. Parcell also leads the league in runs from dummy half, however; his metres per carry isn't great so he obviously is forcing this at times.

If Api can sort out his missed tackles and service he would be a serviceable hooker.

As for Hastings, considering he has only played 3 games for an average of 19mins each hit-out his stats aren't too bad. He has only carried the ball twice for good metres, but at the end of the day the sample size is far too small to draw much from it.

On the plus side for Api, he current performance would mean he is a top 5-10 hooker in the Superleague. Unfortunately we play in the NRL so there is that small issue.

I actually wouldn't mind giving Hastings more of a go at hooker due to his service alone. Api would make a pretty good utility if we can scrap Brown to Blacktown. You could then use Api as a utility to play a roving ball player in the middle of the field against tired forwards. Potentially look to bring someone like Wintstein off for him with 15-20 mins to go in each half.
The really obvious glaring difference is the quality of the leagues.

I'm sorry but can you please explain how Api trumps Parcell in every area but passing? When he was at Manly, Parcell made as many tackles and missed less. And the crap Api cops, especially about his lack of passing is totally justified.

As for Api being an Origin hooker? Look, I like Api's heart and enthusiasm but in no way known will he ever be an origin hooker.
Api vs Parcell

Defence=Api he hits harder and makes big tackles and doesn't hide in the defensive line like Parcell did. And as for missed tackles sure he misses more but he is smaller and actually goes after the big players.

Attack=Api he actually runs the footy, he also has zip and speed on par with Parcell. Api also has a good short passing and kicking game and has creativity. Parcell with out his speed brings nothing to the table while Api has more to his game.

Attitude=Api loves the club and has enthusiasm and passion and fight and mongrel, when Api was dumped to reserves lasthma year he didn't look for a way out, he improved on his season and fought back into the team. Parcell, on the other hand was know where to be seen in NSW cup when he was dropped and instead of backing himself he looked for an easy way out.

Versatility=Api he plays more positions. He can play Hooker, Halves and Backrow and can do them all well.

Passing=Parcell has better passing and basic service, but he wasn't stuffed becuase he never ran the ball. All he did was pass. And he never had a go at tackling the big boys. Api passes poorly around 60min mark due to fatigue and that is poor from him but Baz could make it easier by giving him spells. That's what roosters did with friend when his passing failed him they brought in Hastings and this year Watson.

Hey @Turbo1 ... here is something for you to consider when disagreeing.....

2016 stats (from the NRL website).

Api Koroisau
18 games. Tackles per game: 32.2. Missed tackles: 3.9. Errors: 0.7

Matt Parcell
15 games. Tackles per game: 36.2. Missed tackles: 1.1. Errors: 0.4

Take off the rose coloured glasses once in a while kid. When it boils down to it there is a reason why (with Parcell no longer at Manly), calls are getting louder for Hastings to be our #9 rather than Api.
Hastings is a half not a hooker.

Hastings is a half not a hooker.

Yes he is a half and not a hooker, and the fact that there are growing calls for him to replace Api as our hooker should tell you something. The fact that even Blake Green who can't tackle to save himself has also been talked about as a possible Manly #9 should tell you even more.

The facts are that Api can't pass and he misses more tackles. No one doubts his heart or his enthusiasm, but his skills simply are not up to scratch for a starting first grade hooker. I'd have no problem with him coming off the bench in a Ballin / L'Estrange type arrangement, but he shouldn't be starting.

Lets also not forget that when both Api and Parcell joined Manly, which one came with Barrett from Penrith? Its almost like Bennett and Boyd (though unlike Clint Eastwood's body double, TB appears to have 2 sons, the other being Brown who shock horror also came with him from Penrith).

If Api is even close to SOO selection then the game has truly gone to ****. I'm sorry @Turbo1 you will never convince me that Api is a good hooker. The knock on him is not unjustified. Yes, he has a good work ethic and makes a lot of tackles. He also misses an unreasonable amount too. He service is horrid and at the end of the day that's his primary role.

Parcell was names many times as the starting hooker for Manly last year. The team performed better when he was there compared to Api. At the end of the day though that is irrelevant now because he is gone. Api is the only true hooker hence why he has been given the nod this season.

Honestly mate, I wish I saw what you do in him as I can't help but think TB will keep backing him to the hilt. I truly hope that I am wrong and you are right on this one and Api proves me wrong. I just don't see it.

Yes he is a half and not a hooker, and the fact that there are growing calls for him to replace Api as our hooker should tell you something. The fact that even Blake Green who can't tackle to save himself has also been talked about as a possible Manly #9 should tell you even more.

The facts are that Api can't pass and he misses more tackles. No one doubts his heart or his enthusiasm, but his skills simply are not up to scratch for a starting first grade hooker. I'd have no problem with him coming off the bench in a Ballin / L'Estrange type arrangement, but he shouldn't be starting.

Lets also not forget that when both Api and Parcell joined Manly, which one came with Barrett from Penrith? Its almost like Bennett and Boyd (though unlike Clint Eastwood's body double, TB appears to have 2 sons, the other being Brown who shock horror also came with him from Penrith).
The calls are coming from a couple of fans who are still sad over the sacking of club legend parcell. I dont here these calls from actual nrl players, nrl legends. And Koroisau signed with manly months before Barrett officially signed.

The really obvious glaring difference is the quality of the leagues.

Yeah that is true, but hey its a bit of fun on a Friday afternoon haha!

The two issues I have with Api is his missed tackle count and his service. If he can tighten both these areas up then I would be happy for him to stay there.

If Api is even close to SOO selection then the game has truly gone to ****. I'm sorry @Turbo1 you will never convince me that Api is a good hooker. The knock on him is not unjustified. Yes, he has a good work ethic and makes a lot of tackles. He also misses an unreasonable amount too. He service is horrid and at the end of the day that's his primary role.

Parcell was names many times as the starting hooker for Manly last year. The team performed better when he was there compared to Api. At the end of the day though that is irrelevant now because he is gone. Api is the only true hooker hence why he has been given the nod this season.

Honestly mate, I wish I saw what you do in him as I can't help but think TB will keep backing him to the hilt. I truly hope that I am wrong and you are right on this one and Api proves me wrong. I just don't see it.
Just my opinion mate as is yours. It's a good argument to have though gives us all something to talk about.

Here is a quick comparison of Parcell (NRL) and Parcell (SL)

Matt Parcell - Leeds Rhinos .........Nrl
Tries - 7 (0.63 per game) ......... 2 (0.13 per game)
Try Assists - 7 (0.63 per game) ... 1 (0.06 per game)
Tackles - 409* (37.18 per game) ..... 543 (36.2 per game)
Missed Tackles - 20 (1.81 per game).... 17 (1.13 per game)
Tackle Breaks - 23 (2.09 per game) ..... 20 (1.33 per game)
Carries - 97 (8.81 per game) ....... 75 (5 per game)
Metres - 645 (58.63m per game) ...... 688 ( 45.9 per game)
Metres per carry - 6.65m ..... (9.17m)
Errors - 6 (0.54 per game) . .... 6 (0.4 per game)
Offloads - 14 (1.27 per game) ....... 12 ( 0.8 per game)
Penalties - 8 (0.72 per game) .......
* competition leader

If he had the same try and try assists while at Manly he would still be here.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10