Parcell vs Api vs Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The calls are coming from a couple of fans who are still sad over the sacking of club legend parcell. I dont here these calls from actual nrl players, nrl legends. And Koroisau signed with manly months before Barrett officially signed.

Just my opinion mate as is yours. It's a good argument to have though gives us all something to talk about.

Yes, it is just my opinion and I accept that you have yours. However; I don't believe that the calls are simply coming from a select few fans. Watch the telecast of last few weeks game. The commentary teams make mention of the poor service on dozens of occasions. NRL players are also speaking through their actions on the field. Last week players were screaming "run at Api, run at Api." That is enough to justify his poor defense.

Look mate, I'll give you credit where credit is due. You are supremely loyal to the boys in the Manly jersey. I just think you should try looking at things a little more objectively when it comes to players true performance.

Yeah that is true, but hey its a bit of fun on a Friday afternoon haha!

The two issues I have with Api is his missed tackle count and his service. If he can tighten both these areas up then I would be happy for him to stay there.

My opinion on the issue of his missed tackle count is

(a) he does go in for slightly bigger hits than necessary, but if you pay attention all of these tend to be in the opponents half, and rarely does an Api missed tackle hurt us. You won't see him miss to many in our 20m.

(b) I have said this before (and been ridiculed) but Api attempts many tackles that aren't his to make. By this I mean an attacker will be running straight towards 3 defenders and suddenly Api comes in from 10m away and throws himself at the runner.

(a) he does go in for slightly bigger hits than necessary, but if you pay attention all of these tend to be in the opponents half, and rarely does an Api missed tackle hurt us. You won't see him miss to many in our 20m.

(b) I have said this before (and been ridiculed) but Api attempts many tackles that aren't his to make. By this I mean an attacker will be running straight towards 3 defenders and suddenly Api comes in from 10m away and throws himself at the runner.

How can you make to big a tackle? Bigger the better...

I will agree with him going for the big hit too much. He needs to cut that out of the game. A hooker isn't there for the big hit, he is there for the safe sound tackle. At least that is my opinion.

Can really comment on the second point you raise as I haven't noticed that to be honest. Assuming it is the case it is something he needs to cut out of his game as he is needlessly wasting energy which is then causing fatigue at the 60min mark. This is the point that even @Turbo1 will admit his service goes down hill haha!

Both problems seem to be a symptom of an overly enthusiastic approach.

How can you make to big a tackle? Bigger the better...

I'd argue its not his job to go for the big hit.

Bigger is not always better haha. I'll take Jakes sound tackling any day over the hit or miss big hits of Kapow every day of the week!

I'd argue its not his job to go for the big hit.

Bigger is not always better haha. I'll take Jakes sound tackling any day over the hit or miss big hits of Kapow every day of the week!
If everyone tackled like Jake our jersey would be covered in white premiership bands...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10