• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Penns must want the 9s 450k prize money - most of the recruits are small, zippy try scorers.
Hope we get more big, mobile tacklers to balance out these young whizz kids :cool:

By the way we have recruited we are going to be one of the quickest and fittest and most mobile teams in the comp. Its recruiting to the rule changes and reduction in interchange rules that will fall to 6.
We will be the smallest pack in the comp next year, but come 2017 and 6 interchanges we will be well primed. To me its looks we won't be playing footy up the middle until late in the game. More so expansive brand which will be exciting to watch.

Parcell/Api will expose the big packs late in each half.

I'm happy that my post has started the debate, but there is no debate, this kid is the real deal. Best thing is he's smart, calculated and a thinker. Very very quick.

For anyone who thinks that Qld Cup is too far below NRL level to be relevant......just remember that DCE played Qld Cup in 2010, yet at the end of 2011 he was an NRL premiership winner and was in the Kangaroos 4 Nations team.

If Parcell keeps up this sort of form he could well be Qld's next long term Origin hooker when Scam Smith retires.

And just to add...

Considering NSW don't really have any stand out hookers coming through to replace Farah and Ennis, Parcell could very well be a future test rake. In a few years the Donkeys could be looking at this kid as one who they shouldn't have let go.

He's definitely got more speed than Matty Ballin. And he seems to have damn good hands too. That third try where he caught the ball that bounced off the posts.....some of the best hands I've seen in the game would have been proud of that (for the record, Andrew Ettingshausen had the best hands I've seen).

If Trent Barrett has Koroisau in mind for the #9 jumper next year (he is bringing Api with him from Penrith after all), this kid should give him a good run for his money. While I find myself wanting Killer to play 5/8 next year so either Tommy or Gutho can be permanently on the wing, it wouldn't surprise if Parcell is the hooker and Koroisau is played alongside DCE.

Last edited:
Article in todays Courier Mail-

Rated the best rugby league talent yet to secure an NRL position, Parcell had to leave Brisbane because Andrew McCullough had a mortgage on their No.9 jersey.

He showed yesterday what the Broncos and coach Wayne Bennett, who was watching on, will miss.
His five tries were a mixture of footballing instincts, great support play and pure speed.

Parcell broke Broncos endurance records last pre-season and his fitness base ensures he is constantly lurking through the middle waiting for off-loads.

He scored four tries in the first half alone, including a solo effort in which he bamboozled three Tigers defenders to barge over the line.

Parcell is a great success story of the Intrust Super Cup and the Jets’ development pathways.

An Ipswich Grammar product who barely played league during high school, Parcell did not make any representative teams as a teenager but impressed from the moment he trialled for the Jets colts team.

Three years later and Parcell is arguably the best player in the Cup.
No Cup player has ever scored five tries in a final but Parcell could not quite reach Chris Walker’s all time record of seven tries, a feat the former Bronco told him to chase in Ipswich’s sheds during half time.

“I have never scored five tries. I think I scored four in under-18s once,” Parcell said.

“It was a good performance from us. We refined things a little to work them over in the middle more.

“I am very grateful for the Broncos giving me an opportunity but in the end it was an easy decision to go to Manly. I want to play in the NRL regularly.

“There weren’t too many opportunities to do that at Brisbane.

“Manly’s offer was three years and it was a good offer and there’s a good opportunity down there with (coach) Trent (Barrett) coming in.”

Exciting prospect!

Did anyone else see the team lists at the bottom of the QRL article and notice the Easts centre 3. Shane Neumann? What a blast from the past - an old Silvertails whipping boy and one time custodian of the goat photos!! Can't believe he's still trundling around.

Sounds like he will certainly be in the 17 come the start of 2016. Generally leading into a new season most of us can confidently have some idea of the make up of our side, but I genuinely have no idea what this side will look like next year other than the below:

1. Brett Stewart
4. Steve Matai
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jake Trbojevic
10. Nate Myles (I would assume he is coming in as a prop)
11. Jamie Buhrer (Pending injury)

Bench: ???

I suppose there is a chance TB may start with Lawrence(if fit) or Starling up front with Jake T and Myles in the backrow.

I just watched the video of him scoring the five tries, and for most of them he was simply Johnny-on-the-spot. He definitely has talent, speed, and a good read of the game. But he was very lucky for most of those tries.

I just watched the video of him scoring the five tries, and for most of them he was simply Johnny-on-the-spot. He definitely has talent, speed, and a good read of the game. But he was very lucky for most of those tries.

Tom T was the same when he scored 4. 3 of them were handed to him, all he had to do was run. But you still need to be in the spot to make it count as Parcell and TT were.

IMO the freakish players make their own luck . Parcell was always up to speed with the play and was there at the right time to convert opportunities into tries .

Brett Stewart's scored 162 tries in his NRL career. Lucky? Johnny on the spot? What about the Beaver scoring 180?

Nine times out of ten in this game you have to be Johnny on the spot to score a try, and sometimes you do get lucky.

Brett Stewart's scored 162 tries in his NRL career. Lucky? Johnny on the spot? What about the Beaver scoring 180?

Nine times out of ten in this game you have to be Johnny on the spot to score a try, and sometimes you do get lucky.

I guess this is what I'm saying. He's a very impressive prospect in a lot of ways and his support play is top-notch. But support play is a fringe benefit for a hooker, I want to see what he's like as a provider before I get too excited about him.

He looks a little small too so I'm a bit worried about his defence.

Was Tooves too small? He used to put blokes like Paul Harragon and Glenn Lazarus on their backsides and both outweighed him by about 30+ kg. And Parcell is bigger than Tooves.

Alfie Langer was another thought to be too small and he proved them wrong.

Was Tooves too small? He used to put blokes like Paul Harragon and Glenn Lazarus on their backsides and both outweighed him by about 30+ kg. And Parcell is bigger than Tooves.

Alfie Langer was another thought to be too small and he proved them wrong.
Is a dynamite stick too small to cause some damage ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7