Parish to Tigers!!! So who will be assistant Coach in 2013..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MrInvisible said:
The problem is getting someone who won't "overshadow" Toovey, or be perceived as taking his job. Which means you have to go with inexperienced/fringe coaches, OR replace Toovey with an experienced coach.

Not sure what Steve Georgallis is doing these days, but I reckon he'd be worth a look.

Likewise if Folkes is available.

Cochrane, Eadie, Orford or Fulton would be worth checking out too.

thanks scoop I am sure they will take your advice on board

Has to be Jason Taylor. A proven winner in the coaching circle. He has always, even during his playing days, demonstrated a stabilising effect on teams and can gel a playing group like no other. Yep...Jason gets my vote!

Manly have had a proud and long history of involving people who have a history with the club, so I doubt we are likely to see a "Mick Potter" type person BUT in saying that Matt Parish wasn't in that mould either so maybe??

I hope Matt gets the Tigers gig, very nice guy (we had a lot to do with him in Leeds on the WCC Tour)...and clearly a real "go getter"....so good luck to him.

Moz, Taylor wants a head coaches job. We already have that. Taylor is a divisive force, and I never rated him on the field. He's a wanker. David Penna would suit, he's been with us before, as would looking at the Qld Cup coaches. Folkes? joke candidate.

DSM5 said:
Moz, Taylor wants a head coaches job. We already have that. Taylor is a divisive force, and I never rated him on the field. He's a wanker. David Penna would suit, he's been with us before, as would looking at the Qld Cup coaches. Folkes? joke candidate.

Haha! Geez you're easy this morning DSM5. That was sarcastic humour mate. You know who would have been a fantastic pick up? Anthony Seibold. Mackay Cutters coach, Qld under 16s coach and has been picked up by the Storm as their under 20s coach (though his Mum tells me he is to be bumped up the chain down there straight away)

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Sea-Eagles-farewell-Matt-Parish/64560

Why would Parish go to The Eels as an assistant, as upposed to staying here in exactly the same role? It's not like he's getting a promotion.

Who would you rather work with? Ricky Stuart and The Eels roster, Or Geoff Toovey and the Eagles roster?

Ryan said:
Why would Parish go to The Eels as an assistant, as upposed to staying here in exactly the same role? It's not like he's getting a promotion.

Who would you rather work with? Ricky Stuart and The Eels roster, Or Geoff Toovey and the Eagles roster?

I expect he sees a quicker path to being a first grade coach. I dont rate Stuart as a coach and people in the know may not either. Parramatta has a history of sacking coaches where as Manly tend to have more stability. I think that he would expect then to fill the void once Stuart is sacked and become first grade coach.

I love Mr Inadvisable's work.

Perhaps we should raid another Club's coaching/support staff Mr I? It's been done before.

And at least we wouldn't have to twist their arms into moving to the Northern Beaches.

Not even outer westie boy Hasler wants to move to Canterbury, or its fellow travelling ****parlour, Bankstown.

Seems he's def going to the Eels, all over the news on Twitter now....Ryan it might be because of a "three year deal"....perhaps Manly were offering just one knowing the Beaver was coming back in 2014???

Mark from Brisbane said:
Seems he's def going to the Eels, all over the news on Twitter now....Ryan it might be because of a "three year deal"....perhaps Manly were offering just one knowing the Beaver was coming back in 2014???

It's definitely "OFFICIAL" Mark as it is on the MWSE website. I posted the link here at Post: #28

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Manly-Parish-to-Tigers-So-who-will-be-assistant-Coach-in-2013?pid=452811#pid452811

I just LOVE it when you get something that's OFFICIAL!!

Whoops, are we even allowed to use that word on here.....I guess if this post gets wiped by a Mod I'll know the answer!!

Mark from Brisbane said:

Whoops, are we even allowed to use that word on here.....I guess if this post gets wiped by a Mod I'll know the answer!!

What?

The club announce this but not a video re: thanks to fans etc.

damn weird priorities.

DSM5 said:

Penna was an assistant of sorts this year and was the water boy not unlike tooves in his assistant role. I rate him highly and I think he was at the helm when we won the minor premiership in the 20's.

globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

What?

damn weird priorities.

Not feeling "special" today Global???

OFFICIAL Mark from Brisbane said:
globaleagle said:
GRUMPY Mark from Brisbane said:

What?

damn weird priorities.

Not feeling "special" today Global???

No! She's outta town at the moment.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4