Parker, Garrick, and Croker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I wasn't calling for Garrick or Parker to be dropped, but I will admit wanted Croker gone. I still think Cust should be getting the majority of the minutes at dummy half as I think he offers more than Croker. That said, Croker has improved with the rest of the team in the past couple of weeks.

Perspective time ...

What is a complete player ?

A complete player is one that is competent in both defence and attack

In Parker our team have a deficiency in attack

He has no speed and footwork to be a threat

In Croker our team has a deficiency in attack

Croker lacks vision and creativity

I am not disregarding the competent contributions that both Parker and Croker are making to our team at this stage

But for our team to advance to another level we need to fill those positions with a higher level of player

The moral of @maxta it is a team game

The more proficient players you have in the team . The stronger the team

Seemed noticeable yesterday that there was some definite pride level in keeping up some pretty effective and consistent defence . West Tigers may be not one of the most threatening attacking units but has seemed a much better defensive formation in recent weeks and improved communication for Manly . Will be a real test against the well drilled Panthers but have had sides in the past couple of weeks really putting it to them to disrupt their rhythm and sure that this current Manly line up are capable of doing the same . Much about attitude and players capable enough and being up to speed in any set game and Manly are on a bit of a roll at the moment . Tough assignment but no reason why they can not be more then competitive against the Panthers
F**k competitive. This side now has to step up further and start to beat the top 5 teams. We don't play to be competitive. Manly plays to win. Forget the first 4 games. That was an abberation that needs to be obliterated starting in Bathurst next Sat arvo.

I still think we need to atleast upgrade from Parker and Croker .
Maybe Garrick too..

Tom is the difference.. tom plays, these 3 all look good .. tom doesn't play, all 3 look like park footy players... It's a fact... We've watched it for the last 2 seasons .

Jamie Lyon and Matai were just as important to our last dynasty as the Stewart's,choc, and ox..

With them we are a team at full strength that can challenge the top guys but I don't see us winning a comp with them, the modern game needs a backline that causes havok, not relies on 1 player to shine

F**k competitive. This side now has to step up further and start to beat the top 5 teams. We don't play to be competitive. Manly plays to win. Forget the first 4 games. That was an abberation that needs to be obliterated starting in Bathurst next Sat arvo.
I am glad you have high standards feathered friend

Some on here are just happy to beat the bottom of the 8 teams

Everything great has always been built on high standards including our last premiership winning team

Perspective time ...

Real grand final winning team , Real back line players that dominate Grand finals

3. Jamie Lyon (c)​
10. Brent Kite
16. Vic Mauro

These boys are benefiting from what is going on around them. Crooker is working hard in defence but is not a top line hooker because he does not have enough speed off the mark. Parker is a great defender knows how to hit a hole but lacks genuine speed. Garrick has improved but he hasn't had to do much in defence where he was poor in the first 4 rounds. Credit to the boys for their improvement but lets keep it in perspective. There is a long way to go yet.
I think the thing about these three is that they play well in a strong team with go-forward. Garrick and Parker are returning to their late 2019 form. That's certainly a good thing so all three deserve their spots.

But under pressure they can be found out. A lot of teams have some players like that, and I think as a club we should make the best of what we have. It clearly is good enough to make the eight if Tom is playing.

My biggest concern is whether Manly have a contingency plan for those periods when Tom is not on field. We have to find a fullback (Garrick, Walker are clearly not a good choice!).

We should be in the market for a solid fullback. I think we already have the depth in the forwards to work well on that back of that, it's just that Garrick and Walker are diabolical as fullbacks,

NYEagle

I still think we need to atleast upgrade from Parker and Croker .
Maybe Garrick too..

Tom is the difference.. tom plays, these 3 all look good .. tom doesn't play, all 3 look like park footy players... It's a fact... We've watched it for the last 2 seasons .

Jamie Lyon and Matai were just as important to our last dynasty as the Stewart's,choc, and ox..

With them we are a team at full strength that can challenge the top guys but I don't see us winning a comp with them, the modern game needs a backline that causes havok, not relies on 1 player to shine
I love your high standard way of thinking feathered friend

You touched on a key word and that word is UPGRADE

What does upgrade really mean ....

* UPGRADE is to raise (something) to a higher standard*

The moral of the story

To raise to the top and soar above all the others like the Great Sea eagles that we are

We need to always keep striving to improve and to raise to a higher standard !

I would imagine that Parker is paid less than Suli and definitely less than Walker. For me it is a no brainer to keep him in the squad. I would have him in the 17 but that's open for discussion.

For what it's worth I cannot remember Dylan nor Suli grass his opposite number (whichever he plays) and completely shut down an opposition raid like Parker did to James Roberts yesterday.

Perspective time ...

Yes beating the Titans is heading in the right direction

Beating the Top 6 Benchmark contenders is heading heading to a level of excellence

Beating the Top 6 Benchmark contenders is heading towards another grand final win

That is the difference !
Kevin's perspective.

I'm saving that post for next week - we have just won three on the trot and I intend to enjoy it.

The Titans were top six when we beat them last weekend - have a wonderful winning day.

I am glad you have high standards feathered friend

Some on here are just happy to beat the bottom of the 8 teams

Everything great has always been built on high standards including our last premiership winning team

Perspective time ...

Real grand final winning team , Real back line players that dominate Grand finals

3. Jamie Lyon (c)​
10. Brent Kite
16. Vic Mauro
Like many on here I've lived through a lot of success with this club so we don't take too kindly to mediocrity and losing. Criticism can be harsh and venomous when Manly plays like they have for the last year. Manly expects success, we expect to win no matter who we play. We will never accept near enough is good enough. Not in this club's dna , never has been.

I would imagine that Parker is paid less than Suli and definitely less than Walker. For me it is a no brainer to keep him in the squad. I would have him in the 17 but that's open for discussion.

For what it's worth I cannot remember Dylan nor Suli grass his opposite number (whichever he plays) and completely shut down an opposition raid like Parker did to James Roberts yesterday.
You obviously missed the opening minutes where Roberts left Parker clutching at thin air

Just watch the replay and see for your self

Plus, you'd have to change your forum handle and avatar, which would suck.

Also, I agree with you:)

Kevin's perspective.

I'm saving that post for next week - we have just won three on the trot and I intend to enjoy it.

The Titans were top six when we beat them last weekend - have a wonderful winning day.
I am enjoying the wins as well

I will enjoy them more when we beat title contenders and the Titans are not a Bench mark as they are now on 7th

Have a wonderful day as well feathered friend :)

Like many on here I've lived through a lot of success with this club so we don't take too kindly to mediocrity and losing. Criticism can be harsh and venomous when Manly plays like they have for the last year. Manly expects success, we expect to win no matter who we play. We will never accept near enough is good enough. Not in this club's dna , never has been.
Great post !

We should never lower our Great standards

Once we lower our standards we start to accept mediocrity

I wasn't calling for Garrick or Parker to be dropped, but I will admit wanted Croker gone. I still think Cust should be getting the majority of the minutes at dummy half as I think he offers more than Croker. That said, Croker has improved with the rest of the team in the past couple of weeks.
Cust may offer more in attack however Croker is significantly better in defence so I am happy for him to get the majority of game time. That’s until Lawton and Fainu come along,

People are going on about Des finally getting team selections right - they claim Silvertails already picked the side, which ran out these past two weeks at the beginning of the season.

I, along with many others, were screaming for Parker, Croker, and Garrick to be dropped from this side for a month.

Fortunately, I don't select the team.
I agree that these blokes have been better but I still feel that these are spots where the side can be improved...

They are doing their job but imo their skillsets are limited...

Having said that I dont want to see any changes to a winning side...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14