Parker, Garrick, and Croker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
They have improved markedly in the last 3 weeks - but so has the entire team in hindsight.

Parker has been solid but not spectacular - his recent Def is much better than the first couple of games defending with Gojetski, which says to me Jetski was likely the problem.

Croker admittedly set a pretty low bar in the opening rounds, he added so little. But his Def and decision making is improving.

Garrick on the other hand has improved out of sight. His run-metres and post-contact metres are huge, his goalkicking is best it has been for us at over 80%, his finishing is stellar of late. Breaking multiple tackles each game, and no longer getting rag-dolled every hit-up. The guy has jumped into the the top-5 point scorers in the league. I'm super-impressed with Garrick's improvement of the 3 and think he could lock down a winger spot in the modern game with other teams too.

You obviously missed the opening minutes where Roberts left Parker clutching at thin air

Just watch the replay and see for your self
One missed tackle... so what? I don't form lasting opinions based on a single play or a single game. Unless it reinforces what I have seen for the past few seasons.

I'm ok with Parker and Garrick in blacktown jerseys

Walker into centre and i don't care who they can't be worse than Garrick on the wing

One missed tackle... so what? I don't form lasting opinions based on a single play or a single game. Unless it reinforces what I have seen for the past few seasons.
He has missed more than one tackle when we were getting flogged 16 games in a row and needs to be more consistent
How many line breaks did he make ? None !
Which top 8 team would he walk into to ?

The slow and predictable Parker is a player that ties hard which is great
The not so great thing is that he is a liability in attack and cannot score tries
He has scored 16 tries in 5 years .

Totally agree,
I was one that wanted all 3 out of the side and their form warranted it, I'm proven wrong at this point and happy to put my hand up.
The turn around has been a complete 180, the main issue to me is desire, enthusiasm and commitment to the team that has changed and thats all you can really ask of players.
I know and they probably know that there are "better" players out there then them but they put in and believe so this shows in the result.
Win or Lose I only want to see effort and desire and if they do that then you except their role in the team and in Des's selection.

The slow and predictable Parker is a player that ties hard which is great
The not so great thing is that he is a liability in attack and cannot score tries
He has scored 16 tries in 5 years .
True, Parker the despised slow coach, often playing in struggling sides missing their big gun, is only scoring in 22.8% of his games.

Meanwhile Joseph Manu, widely regarded as the best centre over the last few years, and who plays in dominant premiership teams stacked with stars, is scoring at the phenomenal strike rate of ... 27.8%.

Totally agree,
I was one that wanted all 3 out of the side and their form warranted it, I'm proven wrong at this point and happy to put my hand up.
The turn around has been a complete 180, the main issue to me is desire, enthusiasm and commitment to the team that has changed and thats all you can really ask of players.
I know and they probably know that there are "better" players out there then them but they put in and believe so this shows in the result.
Win or Lose I only want to see effort and desire and if they do that then you except their role in the team and in Des's selection.
So you are proven wrong? How are you proven wrong ?

With 3 wins against teams that are not considered the heavy weights for the title

We have beaten 3 light weights which is a great start

To prove that we are a genuine finals team we need to play consistent footy and beat the top teams

True, Parker the despised slow coach, often playing in struggling sides missing their big gun, is only scoring in 22.8% of his games.

Meanwhile Joseph Manu, widely regarded as the best centre over the last few years, and who plays in dominant premiership teams stacked with stars, is scoring at the phenomenal strike rate of ... 27.8%.
Are you trying to convince any one on here that Parker is a more dominant player than Manu ?

Seriously feathered friend

They have improved markedly in the last 3 weeks - but so has the entire team in hindsight.

Parker has been solid but not spectacular - his recent Def is much better than the first couple of games defending with Gojetski, which says to me Jetski was likely the problem.

Croker admittedly set a pretty low bar in the opening rounds, he added so little. But his Def and decision making is improving.

Garrick on the other hand has improved out of sight. His run-metres and post-contact metres are huge, his goalkicking is best it has been for us at over 80%, his finishing is stellar of late. Breaking multiple tackles each game, and no longer getting rag-dolled every hit-up. The guy has jumped into the the top-5 point scorers in the league. I'm super-impressed with Garrick's improvement of the 3 and think he could lock down a winger spot in the modern game with other teams too.
Been really good under the ball as well, his game at Gosford when Walker left the field under the ball probably saved us the game, they peppered him in the wind towards the end of the game and he took them all well, Funa who is usually pretty safe didn’t handle the one they aimed at him. Luckily they aimed them at Garrick and not Saab, they hit one his way and in the wind and he had no idea, was lucky to have the speed to turn and clean it up. It’s good to see Garricks game returning because he did go through a bit of an ordinary period.

Those stats mean nothing when assessing the value of those 2, I admire our Ranga‘s effort and courage but Manu is more than a class above.

People swing to extremes super fast on the forum

These guys were never as bad as made out and now they are not as good as people make out.

Croker, Parker, Gosie, Taufua and Boyle all still need to go IMO

All can do a job in the right conditions but all can be improved on.

Those stats mean nothing when assessing the value of those 2, I admire our Ranga‘s effort and courage but Manu is more than a class above.
That is exactly my point.
Bozo (and others) quote a stat as if that proves the value of a player, but a single metric rarely gives the whole picture.

Bozo (and others) quote a stat as if that proves the value of a player, but a single metric rarely gives the whole picture.
You are right stats do not necessarily prove value but consistent good field performance does

And I have seen Parker in our past 16 thrashing how consistently he was blown away in defence and in attack he consistently hardly made any line breaks

What I am saying is our team would get better value in the back line by a more complete centre who also posses an attacking threat

People swing to extremes super fast on the forum

These guys were never as bad as made out and now they are not as good as people make out.

Croker, Parker, Gosie, Taufua and Boyle all still need to go IMO

All can do a job in the right conditions but all can be improved on.
Yep..... just not sure about Parker. He would be a great backup - just solid and dependable which are hard to find as backups... as we are finding with Fullback and hooker although the hooker while supposedly a backup waiting for Fainu really needs to be starting quality given I doubt Fainu is back.

What I am saying is our team would get better value in the back line by a more complete centre who also posses an attacking threat
If you mean Walker or Suli then they are both due back in the next few weeks, you may get your wish.

If you mean Walker or Suli then they are both due back in the next few weeks, you may get your wish.
My wish is for our Team to fill the centre positions with complete players

Complete meaning a player that can be competent in both attack and defence

Walker has been below form playing out of the position that he excels in at centre

Suli has been out of form and so was Parker in our past 16 threshing

The fact is that Ability wise and all three players playing at their peak Parker has the least ability and dominance

Yep..... just not sure about Parker. He would be a great backup - just solid and dependable which are hard to find as backups... as we are finding with Fullback and hooker although the hooker while supposedly a backup waiting for Fainu really needs to be starting quality given I doubt Fainu is back.
I depends what happens elsewhere I guess.

Atm we are centre heavy with Walker, Harper, Parker, Suli Tuipulotu, Funa.....and even Koula as an option

Now Walker, Parker and Funa are off contract. Suli....could we find a buyer?

A lot of balls in the air will be interesting to see how it plays out.

If resigning

Rewatching the game and commentary said Jimmy jet has not scored since round nine last year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11