Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Parker is a Manly junior too. I think he would only leave if another club was desperate enough to throw big money at him, but I can't think of a club whose centre stocks are so poor that Parker would be an obvious upgrade.
Winners are Ruthless
Our Most successful Premiership Winning Ruthless Godfather had no empathy for failure or Manly juniors and he ruthlessly upgrade them year after Premiership winning year

For Example he would replace the Manly Junior Parkers with Michael Oconnors and the rest is premiership winning history

The Moral of the God father story ...
Putting mediocre playing mates ahead of Premiership winning success is not a recipe for success
5a175794-5fac-443d-a4e1-c9b237290c0a.jpg

Parker is a Manly junior too. I think he would only leave if another club was desperate enough to throw big money at him, but I can't think of a club whose centre stocks are so poor that Parker would be an obvious upgrade.
I thought the same. I was having a quick look through every teams centre combination and I can’t see any club wanting to sign him.

I thought the same. I was having a quick look through every teams centre combination and I can’t see any club wanting to sign him.
I don't see why Parker can't transition into a utility player in future - bench backrower & back up centre. At this point in time, I think he would offer as much as what Burbo & Lawton do. Of course, we now have a genuine back rower about to debut. If he is successful, barring injuries, there may be less opportunities for other bench back rowers in future. Regardless, Parker is of more value in our roster than players like Boyle.

It’s easy to underestimate how important guys like Parker and Croker are to club culture. They are guys who get every last bit of ability out of themselves, set the standards at training, and provide day to day leadership. They absolutely have a place in a 30 man squad - I wouldn’t swap them for a young guy who might have a little more upside.

It’s easy to underestimate how important guys like Parker and Croker are to club culture. They are guys who get every last bit of ability out of themselves, set the standards at training, and provide day to day leadership. They absolutely have a place in a 30 man squad - I wouldn’t swap them for a young guy who might have a little more upside.
Having played in a number of successful teams in different sports growing up, I personally concur with this. Some of the most talented members on my teams were a$$holes, and couldn’t get others to rise. I also was fortunate to play with some far less talented, yet great human beings, who I went above and beyond for. Team dynamics and human nature… despite what some over-simplified memes might try to tell you.

I love that Parker gives 100%.

I am amazed he has played 100 first grade NRL games.

Embarrassed they have all been at Manly.

No offence to Brad, and with Morgan Harper almost at 50 games with us it shows what affect the salary cap management is having on our roster.

I dont blame anyone but the club has decided to tie up our cap with 2 players who give us very little value for money in DCE (he should of stepped down from rep footy for 2023 but qlders dont do that) and Tom, almost 12 months since he injured himself vs Parra last year.

What else could the Club do? We cant win the comp without them, zero chance.

Once DCE and Tom are gone, surely next season will see at least one of them go, we MUST become the Sharks with our cap management or end up like the Tigers.

We must buy a quality prop, hooker and centre plus replace DCE and cover Tom. Good luck with that and trying to be successful.

I think we are forked.
Problem with all of that is not many sides actually win the comp.
It can be a long time between drinks and without DCE or Tom at the moment we have no chance.
With both of them firing we have a chance of winning it.
So I say keep them. No use throwing out the bathwater for a rebuild now.

No way Parker gets moved on for 2024. He will be depth only though. He will probably get re-signed on a one year, low money deal. I dont think anybody on this site could effectively argue against that.

It looks likely our centre choices next year will be Koula, Talau, Garrick, Myers, Parker and Tuipolotu.

From that our outside backs for Round One could look like this.

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick/Talau
5. Talau/Garrick

Myers, Parker, Tuipolotu, Vaega will be depth.
Harper will be goneski.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8