Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parker's injury seems severe. Might have to try push for Talau to come early, we are light on centres right now with Koula still expected for round 10 as well.
Nrl casualty list this afternoon says Koula back Rounds 9-11. So there is a chance he'll be available this week.

Tuipulotu is supposed to be back, and Tommy may well play.

Leave Garrick at left wing then, and bring in as left centre - centre was apparently Tuipulotu's junior position. Worth a thought.

If Tuipulotu goes well in that role, it gives us a lot more back line versatility for the future.

Relieved for Parker that it is a relatively minor injury. Was worried it may be long term which may have made it tricky for him given the he is off contract at the end of the season.
What is the extent of his injury ?

What is the extent of his injury ?
Parker is expected to be out for 3-4 weeks after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on Monday night.
From our injury update:

Parker is expected to be out for 3-4 weeks after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on Monday night.
From our injury update:

Thank you @NREagle
I wonder if it is the same Knee he injured last season ?

The injuries are adding up for Parker. He wasn't quick to begin with, so these injuries are really going to affect the longevity of his career.

Some have mentioned he should be tried in the backrow. I don't see it at all. When has a medicore centre turned into a good backrower? He seems to get smashed when takes a hit up into the forwards.

Seems like a great dude so wishing him the best. But I would only re-sign for a contract number that reflects he's a depth player only.

Yep I’m starting to go cold on the bloke. Drops the ball at least once a game.
He wasn't Robinson Crusoe. We had several players who for whatever reason simply did not value possession enough. Losing the ball in a tackle or contest like Garrick did was bad enough, but we had guys like Aloiai Turbo and Croker throwing it away in unforced errors!

Yep I’m starting to go cold on the bloke. Drops the ball at least once a game.
Too slow..can't turn and chase or move sideways. Has some effective carries but has absolutely no balance for a NRL player. 1 on 1 defender ok. But any decision to move off 1 player to another in defence becomes too hard because he is just too slow...now. Problem is who do we replace him with?

Can we put to bed the myth now that Parker is great defensively ?
I like Parker, I really do. And he is a good tackler, one on one, provided he can get close enough to his opposite number. The problem is, he just doesn't have the speed to get near anyone these days. Anyone with a bit of pace - and most teams have players in their backline with a bit of pace - will simply run around him. When our defence is back-pedalling - as it almost always is - he looks even worse. He knows where he should be, but he just can't get there.

I like Parker, I really do. And he is a good tackler, one on one, provided he can get close enough to his opposite number. The problem is, he just doesn't have the speed to get near anyone these days. Anyone with a bit of pace - and most teams have players in their backline with a bit of pace - will simply run around him. When our defence is back-pedalling - as it almost always is - he looks even worse. He knows where he should be, but he just can't get there.
Yeah I’ll never question his character or ticker, but that description of him is spot on

IMO he has hit his ceiling previously, which was just above average at best, and now is regressing back to a below average level

You can see the difference between us and Brisbane last night and that’s predominately explosive power and speed.
I think every player is so far behind in this bedsides Paseka, Koula and Ola.
We just don’t have the right type of players to keep up in to modern game and unfortunately Parker has become surplus to requirements and we just can’t rely on his ability to defend

Parker. Lock
He gets belted running the ball into traffic (something he would do a lot of in the middle of the field), has suspect hands (he will touch the ball more in the middle third; no thanks) and his primary strength with the ball involves running lines (something you do more on the edges where there is space). Basically his game is the antithesis of playing lock.

You can see the difference between us and Brisbane last night and that’s predominately explosive power and speed.
I think every player is so far behind in this bedsides Paseka, Koula and Ola.
We just don’t have the right type of players to keep up in to modern game and unfortunately Parker has become surplus to requirements and we just can’t rely on his ability to defend
I'd add bully + saab if he gets the chance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8