Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parker is a very good footballer but isn't nearly as quick as Koula or Garrick. He faces stiff competition for a bench spot but he is a determined hombre and is still only 26. That is a healthy position for the club to be in and highlights the great depth we have this year. Brad has fallen a bit behind after being in hospital but he will no doubt work very hard to get his fitness right. I'd like to see him play in head gear and if he were my son I would be pressing him to do so.

I reallyt like parker and hope he makes a fist of it,A Real Manly man but i see the things that made him a good centre and the things that hindered his progress as being very similar at back row. Runs a good line, with purpose, but with hands like flippers, especially under pressure, he can undo all the excellent lead up play

I imagine the increase workload may also increase the error rate, but i hope it doesnt

he could carry a few concussions by seasons end, such is his attitude. hopefully being in field a bit may relieve him of the pressure that comes with being a defensive centre. a great defensive centre ironicly not really known as a techniqe guy, rather someone who reads the play and gets his body there often

Parker gets smashed and has suspect hands. I don't think we have a great edge forward on our hands. I don't mind the guy as a solid centre but his speed is clearly a problem. I think Parker should be depth at centre and we never should have signed Talau from the Tigers. Oh well, it's done now. I'll be very surprised if Parker works on an edge.

FULL full strength, I'd go:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Jaxson Paulo OR Christian Tuipulotu
06. Luke Brooks
07. DCE
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Matt Lodge
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong OR Jake Arthur OR Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Ethan Bullemor OR Toff Sipley OR Atasi James
17. Nathan Brown OR Ben Trbojevic OR Corey Waddell

Not sure who Brad Parker pushes aside there?

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
06. Luke Brooks
07. DCE
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Matt Lodge
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

15. Josh Aloiai

He will be a starting backrower at Blacktown and without being disrespectful to a great servant of Manly who gives 100%....it's the only place for him at this time, with the options available.
Also the side you have there will basically be our 17 so great job as always Ryan @;)

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
06. Luke Brooks
07. DCE
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Matt Lodge
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

15. Josh Aloiai

Good list - very good list.
There's also the background of top 30 spots to consider.
Parker is still currently listed in backs on the club website (12 backs + 16 forwards = 28, with a maximum of 30).
Parker has been moved to the forwards in the 2nd row this year - that much we know.
Hamole & the Shoe - starters.
Back up: Burbo, Waddell, Brown (not currently listed in the top 30), Bullemor (at a pinch, when we are fully stocked with props)....possibly even Matterson. Thus - there's the reason that Karl Lawton has been given permission to link up with Super League clubs - to free up top 30 spots for Brown, James, Matterson....

I have a suspicion that the club views Matterson a like-for-like swap in the top 30 for Lawton - a competent, mobile guy who can play a few positions in the forwards (and backs).

Good list - very good list.
There's also the background of top 30 spots to consider.
Parker is still currently listed in backs on the club website (12 backs + 16 forwards = 28, with a maximum of 30).
Parker has been moved to the forwards in the 2nd row this year - that much we know.
Hamole & the Shoe - starters.
Back up: Burbo, Waddell, Brown (not currently listed in the top 30), Bullemor (at a pinch, when we are fully stocked with props)....possibly even Matterson. Thus - there's the reason that Karl Lawton has been given permission to link up with Super League clubs - to free up top 30 spots for Brown, James, Matterson....

I have a suspicion that the club views Matterson a like-for-like swap in the top 30 for Lawton - a competent, mobile guy who can play a few positions in the forwards (and backs).
Parker may not "push" anyone out but history tells us that we'll have a ton of injuries and that's where opportunity arises.
On paper the squad looks strong. Before a ball is kicked in anger we certainly appear to have the players to be a top six team in 2024.

He will be a starting backrower at Blacktown and without being disrespectful to a great servant of Manly who gives 100%....it's the only place for him at this time, with the options available.
Also the side you have there will basically be our 17 so great job as always Ryan @;)
You are never disrespectful but always very tactful feathered friend @maxta
We all reach our Plateau of capabilities in life . Nothing about being disrespectful of that fact
We can not all be Immortals
We can not all be Elite competitors
We can not all be Manly Premiership Winning Legends
We can not all have the honor of playing for Manly
BUT WE CAN ALL BE GREAT MANLY PEOPLE IN OUR OWN CAPABLE WAYS

Some of us have been suggesting this positional switch for a few years, and I'm hopeful it will be a success. No-one has more grit and determination, and love for the maroon-and-white, than Parker. Doubters will point to his size but there are plenty of good second rowers no bigger. He is a mighty tackler and a strong direct runner. Having him on the bench covers for a backline injury so he should become a valuable cog on the bench.

I'll admit I've been against moving Hank Scorpio to the back row, but its starting to make more and more sense to me now especially with the speed and strike power we have in our outside backs with Saab, Koula, Garrick, Turbo and Jaxson Paulo.

Parker really hasn't got the pace required to be a starting outside back. BUT, he does have the defensive skills, and the work ethic, to be a good edge forward.

Oh and one more thing ... wouldn't it be good to have a red headed back rower again carrying on the tradition of Fatty and Tom Symonds.

Last edited:
Oh and one more thing ... wouldn't it be good to have a red headed back rower again carrying on the tradition of Fatty and Tom Symonds.
As long as it's not in the tradition of Nathan Green. Remember him? The bearded ranga centre T Baz got from St George and decided to make a backrower…

will need to bulk up quite a bit to play in the second row, Almost appeared fragile at times in the backline.. I truly hope he makes it.
Will he though?

Jury is out whether he will make it as a second rower but size wont be the issue.

Parker is 193cm and 100kg

Cam Murray is 184cm and 95kg
Liam Martin 183cm and 103kg
Briton Nikora 185cm and 94kg
Jeremiah Nanai 186cm and 104kg
John Bateman 183cm and 96kg
Hudson Young 182cm and 98kgs
Angus Crichton 187cm and 102kgs

Its just not height and weight. Some players just have more physicality and durability about them. I reckon Brad will need to spend some time developing his game in the back row at Blacktown and then well see how he goes in traffic all game. I hope he goes well.
Agree but the comment was "bulk up"

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
06. Luke Brooks
07. DCE
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Matt Lodge
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

15. Josh Aloiai

last 2 years schuster has averaged 14 games a season so i can see parker getting a start at some point.

Will he though?

Jury is out whether he will make it as a second rower but size wont be the issue.

Parker is 193cm and 100kg

Cam Murray is 184cm and 95kg
Liam Martin 183cm and 103kg
Briton Nikora 185cm and 94kg
Jeremiah Nanai 186cm and 104kg
John Bateman 183cm and 96kg
Hudson Young 182cm and 98kgs
Angus Crichton 187cm and 102kgs

Shouldn't be a problem at all. Parker has often brought down centres and back rowers of equal or bigger size with his defence. And when he runs the ball in early tackles he usually runs into the forwards.

His work ethic has never been questioned so I don't think he'd shirk the duties. He'd certainly be willing.

Its just not height and weight. Some players just have more physicality and durability about them. I reckon Brad will need to spend some time developing his game in the back row at Blacktown and then well see how he goes in traffic all game. I hope he goes well.

This is why I've suggested previously that maybe he wear headgear like Beaver or The Fuhrer used to. Brad's history of concussions is the only thing that worries me about a move to the back row. Maybe headgear can help.

As for developing his game, I agree he'll probably take some time at Blacktown, but it will depend on how we go with injuries etc. As a back rower one thing he will definitely need to develop is an offload.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8