Parks n Harper - you have competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Is it just me? Am i the only one? I think young Benny Is far off the pace at the moment. Some were saying he was the best of the three.. im yet to see anything of the sort. He seems slow and poor in defence
Interesting point. How much do you think he would be coached by his brother and favoured by Trbo over others in the backline or is it just sibling instinct like the Ella brothers from Rara? I thought Trbo positioned Brbo perfectly last night and if he did that week after week the combo could be lethal. Were Beaver and Cliffy related? Twins maybe? RIP Ivan Reitman

Tough call but there is no way we can win the comp with both Harper and Parker. It was obvious when we got to the end games they both weren't any threat. We will go close but don't see us winning the title with both strike centres being average in attack.

Tough call but there is no way we can win the comp with both Harper and Parker. It was obvious when we got to the end games they both weren't any threat. We will go close but don't see us winning the title with both strike centres being average in attack.
Yeah agree. I think Harper is under a bit of pressure. I think Parker has reached his ceiling but I think he is fav of Des.

I agree. Parker offers good defense but is 1 dimensional in attack so definitely the one most under pressure. Also worth mentioning has had numerous HIA's in the past.
I know it was a trial, butParkers defence is average. WE will never win a comp unless we get some quality centres. I've said it before, look at Manly's winning sides and see who we had, when we won. WE leak points in the big games in that area.

Suddenly there is depth all over the park.
I stick by Parker and Harper, maybe more than most, but some of the higher expectations are fair.
Problem is we have been light on in the centre's since the luxury of the Lyon/ Matai combination.
Harps been good imo and Parker reliable and whole hearted....this does not make them auto locks and if there are players in their position showing massive potential.....they Must be considered for an opportunity and finally see players with the caliber to do so.
Players like Elliott were stopgap options- admirable but only as a fill in.
We seem young Koula last night in 1 half show explosive talent and that was his first hit out.....unlimited upside on this bloke...
Also Tippy toes who played wing and centre looked a handful, was hard to stop and defended well.
Healthy situation as reckon both will challenge for top grade in 2022, which is healthy for getting the best out of the 3 and 4 all season.
Parks and Harper deserve to defend their crowns, but if these youngsters get a shot, could well become fixtures in the top grade on a permanent basis.
If either get injured and the next player to step up gives it his best (Tippy, Koula & Weekes) both could have issues forcing their way back into the team.

I think Weekes would go ok at centre, I don’t see him as an option in the halves.

Parker out v Souths was massive for us in finals. In fact Sulis input basically put us out of contention in that game imo. Glad he’s gone to St George tbh. Parker is a defensive centre who runs great lines and decoys. That’s his mo. Despite what many parrot on about around here there’s more to a centres game than speed and attack. Koula and Saab on an edge in first grade although quick would be a bloodbath for the opposition attack. They would go there at every opportunity and would be dreadfully exposed defensively. Plus what we all loved and cheered last year was toms out the back plays to Reuben killing it on the left edge. Brads line and decoy running was a massive part of that. I’m not sold on Parker at all as an attacking Centre and he’s had a few head knocks granted. But if he’s fit he starts in the left. His job is to lock it down defensively and run those lines and decoys to create for others. Harper on the other hand could be replaced imo.

There’s more to the game than being quick, a little thing called defense is kinda important. In Parker and Harper I believe we have the best defensive centre combo in the comp. I know Harper got shown up in finals but across the season he was good. Given his age he will improve in all areas. Parker is not the quickest centre running around but he is one of the best defenders and a brilliant hole runner. Koula is impressive but I don’t see him ousting either of those two….yet. The fact he can cover fullback is invaluable given Turbo will be the first picked in any rep team. Good problem to have.

Last edited:
There’s more to the game than being quick, a little thing called defense is kinda important. In Parker and Harper I believe we have the best defensive centre combo in the comp. I know Harper got shown up in finals but across the season he was good. Given his age he will improve in all areas. Parker is not the quickest centre running around but he is one of the best defenders and a brilliant hole runner. Koula is impressive but I don’t see him ousting either of those two….yet. The fact he can cover fullback is invaluable given Turbo will be the first picked in any rep team. Good problem to have.
Being fast enough to cover in defence is a big deal though. Koula for example would run anyone who made a break down. Cant say that about harper and parker.

If the centre pairing evolves to Parker & Koula, the thread title could be Parks & Wreck 🙂

(opposition defences get wrecked)

Last edited:
Parker got Some really good early ball with space and just looked ****house tbh. He always gets stopped. He’s good close to the line thoUgh.

Good call, I thought the exact same thing last year. Also hoping Des doesn’t start with those two this year. Does Walker have any chance? I mean, his defence would have to improve. Although he was quiet exceptional in that utility role last year, he could definitely provide the strike power we lack in those two positions.

If either get injured and the next player to step up gives it his best (Tippy, Koula & Weekes) both could have issues forcing their way back into the team.

I think Weekes would go ok at centre, I don’t see him as an option in the halves.
Totally agree mate - except reckon Weekes would be an electric halves option...he actually gave good service to outside backs and had good offloaded and support play.....definitely not your Adam Reynolds half to control a game but an absolute nightmare for defence around the middle all day, Super utility who could play Fullback - centre or halves....thought clearly the best 1st trial but a youngster who doesn't need pressure expectations....Unlimited future for him along with many others

I know it was a trial, butParkers defence is average. WE will never win a comp unless we get some quality centres. I've said it before, look at Manly's winning sides and see who we had, when we won. WE leak points in the big games in that area.
I agree.

Agree.
I honestly think we have a very well balanced side with Parker and Harper in the centres.
Thank you for your centres Benchmark perspective

You talk about balance and balance is a very important factor for competent player to have in any position

Parker may be sound in defence when the defensive line is compressed but when the faster players have room to move in the clear the slowest centre in the NRL is left clutching at thin air.
Speed is a liability is defence

Also competent centres have the balance of attributes in both defence and attack
and the slow one dimensional Parker who also has no elusive footwork or power line breaking ability and is also liability in attack

The moral of the story
We need to rise from last years Manly is a one Player Tommy team and get more dynamic play from other players
To go one better and win the title what belongs to us
as 2nd best is not a Manly team

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10