Parks n Harper - you have competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
There are only 2 ... in a career highlight package!.
First is about 40m (at 2m 43s in the vid) after he stops and the defence stops. The commentator called it one of the more bizarre tries you'll see, I agree!
Second one (4m 01s) after Snake put him into the clear 38m out.
But you miss the point if you think I am comparing Parker to Matai, I certainly am not.
Merely making the point was that you can be successful at centre even if you aren't fast enough to score long range tries, because obviously there are many other facets of centre play that are also important.
There are only two in his career package which Proves that he was capable unlike Parker
It also does not prove that he did not score scored more longer range tires because it was not put on the vedio list !

The point is and the fact is
If you have no pace and you have no agility , footwork and power tackle breaking ability you will not be competent in attack . Good centres are competent in both attack and defence

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Yes, there are at least a couple in this highlights video. In many of Matai's short range tries he beat several defenders on his way to the line - no way Parker would have scored these. With all due respect to Brad, we can't really compare him to one of Manly's all time great centres.

Matai one of our our clubs benchmark players .

DYnamic and destructive in both attack and defence

The sooner we start living up to our legendary clubs Benchmark

The sooner we start living up to its great standards as the greatest club of all

Let me tell you feathered friends . This Kid Koula is our next most dynamic big thing

40 nil

It's only a game ...
There are only 2 ... in a career highlight package!.
I don't know if it is a career highlights package, as it there is only a small number of tries shown. However, the quality of the short range tries shown are superior to Parker's typical tries where he occasionally swerves past one past defender or crashes through one or two defenders.

Merely making the point was that you can be successful at centre even if you aren't fast enough to score long range tries, because obviously there are many other facets of centre play that are also important.
I agree. Obviously, Parker has been successful thus far. However, speed & evasive ability increases the chances of being more successful.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Thank you for your opinion feathered friend.

I disagree with your opinion & believe it is based on a strawman argument.

The moral of the story?

Opinions based on fact as opposed to strawmen are more likely to be taken seriously.
We will agree to disagree friend

My moral of the story is

Speed should be taken seriously because Speed Kills

and the faster you go the Bigger the slower mediocre mess you leave behind

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Parker does a job and obviously that job is well respected by the coach. Only when Des deems him surplus to requirement will The 🐻 get a run.
I think Bozo might be onto something. Koula Bear. Obviously a koala is not a bear as previously mentioned but it a good name for him on here.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I agree. Obviously, Parker has been successful thus far. However, speed & evasive ability increases the chances of being more successful.
Another fact is Slow is a liability in both attack and defence

You can not stop a player you can not catch

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Parker does a job and obviously that job is well respected by the coach. Only when Des deems him surplus to requirement will The 🐻 get a run.
I think Bozo might be onto something. Koula Bear. Obviously a koala is not a bear as previously mentioned but it a good name for him on here.
All players do a job and the job last season by our squad was not up to standard to live up to our Benchmark as the greatest club of all

This year we have an improved squad with the addition of players with greater ability which improves our chances of being the greatest once again

Koula has amazing talent that other players only dream of and is not a Bear feathered friend he is an Eagle

47MVEagle

Bencher
We will agree to disagree friend

My moral of the story is

Speed should be taken seriously because Speed Kills

and the faster you go the Bigger the slower mediocre mess you leave behind
I will agree to agree to disagree feathered friend.

The moral of the story is:

Agreeing to agree to disagree means we are agreeing on 2 things & disagreeing on only 1 thing so mathematically we are in fact agreeing:

Agree + agree - disagree = agree.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
A lot of chatter in this thread but all I really want is to know that Josh Feledey is not going anywhere...

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I thought Tippy Ties looked good on Friday but I reckon he is a better centre than a winger. Weekes looked okay in the halves but he is not a patch on Schuster. Weekes for mine is an good outside back but is lacking in size but he could turn out to be another Papanhuyzen. Koala looks very good and I expect he will get opportunities in the centers this year. Parker and Harper need to stay in form but have earned the starting spots for round 1 IMO. Our forward stocks are very impressive.

Eagle 1

First Grader
I thought Tippy Ties looked good on Friday but I reckon he is a better centre than a winger. Weekes looked okay in the halves but he is not a patch on Schuster. Weekes for mine is an good outside back but is lacking in size but he could turn out to be another Papanhuyzen. Koala looks very good and I expect he will get opportunities in the centers this year. Parker and Harper need to stay in form but have earned the starting spots for round 1 IMO. Our forward stocks are very impressive.
Agree TE, you forgot to add Las Vegas, got all the attributes to be a great try finishing winger for us.

Brookie Bob

"I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"
I shall call him,............'mini-me'. Whoops, no....

I shall call him, 'Coca Koula' - the 'real thing'.

Brookie Bob

Let's have a look at what Brad Parker does bring to the team, rather than just assessing what we think he may not have. While we blew a few sides off the park from long distance, and our fullback and wingers were instrumental in this, in close games where we need to get points on the board against an organized defense, few players are as good at running off a Turbo pass into (an often very small) hole than Brad Parker. So - just attacking plays, what does Brad bring:

Someone has to do the above well; a lot of players don't make it, 'case they are not "finishers" - Brad is undeniably a "finisher". And - he didn't look too slow in most of those highlights.

Brookie Bob

Defense from Brad - I agree he has been stood up once or twice in his career as most centres have.

The following tackle, though, is one of my favorites,because:
  • it helped us win the game, from a pressure situation
  • the opponent was the Eels - always satisfying to hit them and hit them hard
  • look who he smashed - how many players had stopped Sivo that close to the line up to then. I don't think Sivo has really been the same since.

Re-live and enjoy:

47MVEagle

Bencher
Defense from Brad - I agree he has been stood up once or twice in his career as most centres have.

• look who he smashed - how many players had stopped Sivo that close to the line up to then. I don't think Sivo has really been the same since.

Re-live and enjoy:
Parker is your classic unsung hero/quiet achiever, just gets on with his job, no complaining, no showboating, just hard work & discipline.

Some people are blinded by the shiny gifts the showponies throw around & can't see past the razzle dazzle to the true backbone of the team.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member

Re-live and enjoy:
Given the circumstances that was an incredibly important tackle. Parker did well to be in position and put his body on the line. However it was poor technique from both parties and Brad was a little lucky that Sivo tried to brute strength his way through it and stuck his right leg out, where Brad collided with his knee, causing a serious injury. Will always be a fan of Hank but that tackle was a happy accident.

Brookie Bob

Given the circumstances that was an incredibly important tackle. Parker did well to be in position and put his body on the line. However it was poor technique from both parties and Brad was a little lucky that Sivo tried to brute strength his way through it and stuck his right leg out, where Brad collided with his knee, causing a serious injury. Will always be a fan of Hank but that tackle was a happy accident.
Time for a WWBS ('what would BOZO say' :cool: ) with a bit of Yogi Berra / Ringo Starr malapropism thrown in:

'Some are born to greatness; others have greatness thrust upon them. Some of us just have happy accidents'. :)

Buugee

Moral of the story... if you're under performing we have depth but I don't want another 2020 season. Literally took Des to bring in Schuster and Olakau'atu when we were scrapping at the bottom of the barrel for troops. Man also just refused to bring them in despite our team under performing like crazy. I'll use example of someone like Papalii. He got dropped by Ricky then comes back and has been unbelievable since. It's the mentality our boys need. Not constantly waiting for them to find form in first grade because he might get upset and ask for a release if he's dropped. Competition for spots brings out the best.

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12
12 6 6 2 12