Parks n Harper - you have competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

madmax

Bencher
Look what happened in the Souths game when Parker wasn’t there and Suli in. I too think this years team can push for the premiership if we stay fit. I’m less sold on Harper but he has earnt first shot in the right. It’s beyond me how some get so excited about a couple of kids who’ve never had a sniff of first grade when they do ok against the magpies nsw cup team. Don’t get me wrong it was nice to see, however playing first grade marking up against seasoned players is a different ball game. Sone of those kids will get their shot this year, but it will only be through injuries and filling in I feel.
Tell that to the other youngsters playing for other teams in the same age bracket that are holding their own in 1st Grade.....Staines, Tago, Savage, Cobbo, Niu, Taffe, Suualii, Walker, Walsh, Sloan, Ramsey, Penisini, Campbell, Fidow....i can go on!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Parker is your classic unsung hero/quiet achiever, just gets on with his job, no complaining, no showboating, just hard work & discipline.

Some people are blinded by the shiny gifts the showponies throw around & can't see past the razzle dazzle to the true backbone of the team.
Dont knock the razzle dazzle boys feathered friend

Tom Turbo Is all Show and razzle dazzle and he was leading our winning ways in 2021

Once they shut him down The quite achievers like Parker were very quite

The razzle dazzle try of the year where Parker was out of the pace in defence and attack

Slow is a liability and Speed Kills

the fact is .....Un Upgrade in the centres can only improve our team

Garrick, DCE, Turbo Razzle dazzle Manly boys in action producing the best try of the year

The Razzle dazzle Manly Sea eagles were meant to fly and fly they did

Enjoy !

Last edited:

47MVEagle

Bencher

Tom Turbo Is all Show and razzle dazzle and he was leading our winning ways in 2021

The razzle dazzle try of the year where Parker was out of the pace in defence and attack

Garrick, DCE, Turbo Razzle dazzle Manly boys in action producing the best try of the year

Enjoy !

Tom isn't just razzle dazzle, he puts a lot of hard work in too.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Moral of the story... if you're under performing we have depth but I don't want another 2020 season. Literally took Des to bring in Schuster and Olakau'atu when we were scrapping at the bottom of the barrel for troops. Man also just refused to bring them in despite our team under performing like crazy. I'll use example of someone like Papalii. He got dropped by Ricky then comes back and has been unbelievable since. It's the mentality our boys need. Not constantly waiting for them to find form in first grade because he might get upset and ask for a release if he's dropped. Competition for spots brings out the best.
Des is pretty loyal to his players...and always has been

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Des is pretty loyal to his players...and always has been
I am all for Loyalty

A great quote on Loyalty BY Marcus Tullius Cicero a Roman statesman, scholar and philosopher

NOTHING IS MORE NOBLE
NOTHING IS MORE VENERABLE
THAN LOALTY

Des has an NRL squad of 30 players and loyalty should be given to all

47MVEagle

Bencher
I am all for Loyalty

A great quote on Loyalty BY Marcus Tullius Cicero a Roman statesman, scholar and philosopher

NOTHING IS MORE NOBLE
NOTHING IS MORE VENERABLE
THAN LOALTY

Des has an NRL squad of 30 players and loyalty should be given to all
But he should throw Parker & Croker under the bus because you think they're slow & not dynamic.

Sometimes I wonder if you actually remember what you post.

Eagle 1

First Grader

Enjoy !

Must admit, I've seen this countless times, and never tire of it. When Garrick threw his pass, he was just about spent, he nearly stumbled to the turf...lol.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
I know people like Parker and he is a solid player but let's be honest here. I don't think I've ever seen him make a line break unless it's Turbo or Foz putting him over for a try. When the opposition is putting all their focus on Tom we need someone else who can break the line and Koula looks like he can do that. Tuipulotu was impressive too and I think he's a lot closer to regular first grade than we may think.

Harper is in a similar boat but given he has only played one full year and has such a good combination with Saab he is worth persisting with. We've had 5 years of Parker now and what we see is what we get. He would make a great backup/depth player but the time to win a comp is now and our chances would improve tenfold with a strike player like Koula in there.

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Parker is 'Mr Reliable' and you know exactly what you are going to get with him.

Parker may not be the fastest over 15m, which is where breaks are typically made by centres however, he is safe and he brings the ball back strongly and always puts his body on the line. Close to the try line, he runs great lines to either break the line or draw in defenders allowing a pass to Garrick from Foz, Schu or Turbo.

He is someone Des doesn't have anxiety about, as his defence is tough, he doesn't take a backward step and reads the play well, and you just have to recall that huge hit he put on Sivo, that ended Sivo's game against Parra.

Parker is a 'big boy', as I was on the table next to him at Hugos on Saturday night, when he celebrated his birthday and he was still sore from the game in his shoulder.

In my opinion, Parker could definitely move to a backrow position however, given our depth there, he's more suited to where he is. He may not score us a long range try however, he's unlikely to let any in either.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Tell that to the other youngsters playing for other teams in the same age bracket that are holding their own in 1st Grade.....Staines, Tago, Savage, Cobbo, Niu, Taffe, Suualii, Walker, Walsh, Sloan, Ramsey, Penisini, Campbell, Fidow....i can go on!
I agree up to a point, but they are mostly in bottom 8 teams. Taffe looked good, but Walsh for example made lots of spectacular errors to balance out his brilliance.

For some of them a bit more experience wouldn’t go astray before being expected to win consistently in first grade. Young guys can be spectacular bottom 8 players, but I prefer manly to be a top 2 team.

Suaallii is a myth.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
For the foreseeable future, I'd tend to keep Parker as the left hand side works very well in attack & defence. However, I would like to see a speedy strike centre in the side to take the burden off Turbo in attack. Harper's defence is his strength, but he doesn't offer much in the way of line breaks or try assists (stats show just 9 line breaks & 4 try assists in 2021). Thus, if Koula develops NRL standard defence, I'd like to see him usurp Harper's position in 2022. He has the potential to be a true match winner, esp. with good ball from DCE, Turbo & Haumole.

Last edited:

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
On the open market, how much would Parker, Harper, Koula, Feledy, and Tuipulotu command?
Interested in your thoughts.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
On the open market, how much would Parker, Harper, Koula, Feledy, and Tuipulotu command?
Interested in your thoughts.
I don't really know, but I think Harper & Parker would be @ $300k. I expect that Koula would attract the biggest offers for a long term contract, esp. after he debuts in the NRL. Fortunately, we have signed him till the end of 2024.

StuBoot

Bencher
Being fast enough to cover in defence is a big deal though. Koula for example would run anyone who made a break down. Cant say that about harper and parker.
It's all well and good to run them down but as we saw last year v The Cows Saab ran down the Hammer(?) but still couldn't make the tackle.
It's funny, the Youtube highlights packages with the hip hop soundtracks rarely show the next gen outside backs making any tackles.
Just on that, I don't recall seeing Parker or Harper's Youtube highlights yet here they are playing regular first grade..

Remember the hype of Suli the wrecking ball?
He was one of our first choice centres last year, got injured and couldn't get his spot back because of the hack that is Harper.

Yes, it would be nice to have speed to burn across the backline but that's the beauty of Rugby League, the unfashionables get to play on the same field as the super stars.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16