Parra never gave up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bencher
It's a funny thing how sides, no matter where they are placed find that extra effort against Manly. I think that is the key to making us a great side, we never really get any easy games. I thought Manna really pushed the limits for them, and Parra were there abouts outside of a few errors and lack of class. I love the fact we can just coast along, doing the tough stuff, and be patient, waiting for the errors, or the opposition to get tired. Then, we switch into fun mode and start to score tries. I am so proud of Matai for his composure, what a professional, and the whole team effort is starting to gel so well. And Snake, well what do you say, he was the piece of the puzzle that was missing in our attack. He just works so well with the whole team, chiming in with precision. Jamie Lyon just is, one of the greatest players to strap on a boot, and how good are Ballin and Ferris going. Even Big Georgie should have scored a try, that wasn't forward, it was time to shut Manly down by that stage, they had to stop the fight, fantastic win by the boys.

I saw it differently.

With about 3 or 4 exceptions I didn't think they had a go. Slow defensive line and slow play the balls. Very poor.

Yes, I agree, they were poor. But at some stage there in the first half, I bet you couldn't get $9.25 like what was on offer on this site. It did take us a while to score, them getting the rub of the green and all. I just think sides get a major rev up before the contest and step up a level playing Manly. It's not just this game, we have been hated, and competitive for years. Everybody know Manly always come to play, and NEVER give up, EVER! This is why I love Manly.

I thought the Eels came out to have a real dig for their home crowd. Their handling errors cruelled them. We scored some pretty good tries, they weren't as soft as when we played them a few weeks ago.

I thought we were more focussed and more impressive than in a few of our other recent wins. I wonder if Toovey will get any credit for that?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I thought the Eels came out to have a real dig for their home crowd. Their handling errors cruelled them. We scored some pretty good tries, they weren't as soft as when we played them a few weeks ago.

I thought we were more focussed and more impressive than in a few of our other recent wins. I wonder if Toovey will get any credit for that?

Completely agree. They had whole periods where they threw themselves into the battle but were just a class way below us. That one run by Fui was worth admission.

Parra never gave up they were just rubbish, never really stood a chance - with a good coach they could go places

MissKate said:
Parra never gave up they were just rubbish, never really stood a chance - with a good coach they could go places
I hear you, but i dunno, i think it is a combination of a coach who doesnt know how to get the best out of his players and also the players just not being talented enough for 1st grade...which comes back to the clubs recruitment and retention strategy.

ManlyBacker said:
That one run by Fui was worth admission.

Fui deserves better. After that run, I imagined what sort of following he'd have from the Manly faithful, if Fui was in maroon and white. :D

They never gave up but this is the NRL and they are expected not to give up but they should be in that postion either.

wombatgc said:
ManlyBacker said:

Fui deserves better. After that run, I imagined what sort of following he'd have from the Manly faithful, if Fui was in maroon and white. :D

He missed four tackles and dropped at least three balls, nice run but it hardly makes up for what the guy gave / gives away in errors.

God said:
wombatgc said:
ManlyBacker said:

He missed four tackles and dropped at least three balls, nice run but it hardly makes up for what the guy gave / gives away in errors.

Not sure where your getting your stats from...Three missed tackles (Horo four,Choc and BJ three a piece), and one error, which would've been that ridiculous dribble ball he was given by that bloke masquerading as a half-back (Roberts).
My point really was the massive following he'd get considering how the fans get behind the wolfman, and George. Fui would be a marketing dream. Fui masks, wigs (that's really just for mine and Commanders benefit!):p

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/MatchCentre/tabid/10999/Default.aspx#matchid=3433&tab=Stats

I thought we were lackadaisical in the first half but our class and the bounce of the ball went our way ( plus Parra's woeful handling ).

I thought in the first half Parra tried at least as hard if not harder than us, its just that they are completely and totally inept. Once we woke up and Fa'aoso and George gave us some go forward it was quite easy.

wombatgc said:
ManlyBacker said:

I'd prefer to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang stay where he is.

Must be very difficult to get yourself motivated to play at 100% intensity against a team that is so crap when you are on the cusp of some very big games running into the finals. Our minds would not have been 100% on Parra when we've got Warriors,Raiders,Souths,Storm coming up.

Parramatta played like a team of players who are mostly unwanted next season by their club, running dead last, with a coach who does not belong at NRL level at this point, cheered on by the few remaining supporters who are old enough to remember the last GF they won.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8