Parra offer Hoppa unders to stay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah cause whilst this court case goes on he cant really play for anyone else otherwise parra will use that against him in court.

I think parra will have some legal penalty for this case. I think its an arguement to see if hoppa contract is legally binding, and if so what are the penalties.

Even if he wins, would he even want to play for a club that doesnt want him there.

If Court found contract binding you would think parra will have to honour the contract. They will have been caught out breaching the salary cap for a second year in a row lol.

Most likely scenario is the eels will have to cut $600k worth of players from the 2016 squad. Poor Gutho.

Most likely they will need to find a club the uk to send players, given nrl Lists are pretty settled, but also if they stayed in nrl some of the contract would still be included in the eels cap.

Parra the team that just keeps on giving.

I know that I don't understand everything in life when I see stories like these.
Parramatta are creating a culture despite doing everything they could have done to prevent it.
Yet look at this devotion:
Hoppa wanting to stay there despite being screwed with his contract
Foran wanting to go these despite being screwed over twice
Watmough wanting to stay there despite playing like an arthritic crab last year
Gordon going there, and after indicating wanting to go there mid season!
Dalai Arthur committing to another contract despite ongoing speculation he'd be turfed.
And all these fools wanting to play for a club with an infighting board, no recent culture or results, and cap issues.
What's going on?. I don't understand..
NYEagle

Maybe Parra are going the Storm route, except they're being way more open and honest about it. They have offered Will "unders" and are more than willing to pay him in brown paper bags, under the table.

If a barrister who has seen the contract and is well versed in contract law says that the contract that he signed is valid and enforceable than I would tend to believe the barrister than any nuffy pretend barristers on this site

Would be so funny for parra if the contract is found to be valid and they have to pay him the full amount.

Rumours are that hoppa has signed with the dogs to reunite with Des

Last edited:
The article states that the offer to him is $200K. I recall during the Gifty signing saga any amount Gift received by us was "deemed" to be at a certain amount based on the fact that he had been a rep level player which was a problem for our cap. As Hoppa is a current NSW rep player he must be under that rule as well, so it must be $200K or less?
Anyone know the scale of deemed payments for various levels of rep player?

If a barrister who has seen the contract and is well versed in contract law says that the contract that he signed is valid and enforceable than I would tend to believe the barrister than any nuffy pretend barristers on this site

Would be so funny for parra if the contract is found to be valid and they have to pay him the full amount.

Rumours are that hoppa has signed with the titans anyway as his wife is from QLD
Hey I'm not just a pretend barrister, I'm a pretend QC. Also a pretend barista but that's on another site...

The article states that the offer to him is $200K. I recall during the Gifty signing saga any amount Gift received by us was "deemed" to be at a certain amount based on the fact that he had been a rep level player which was a problem for our cap. As Hoppa is a current NSW rep player he must be under that rule as well, so it must be $200K or less?
Anyone know the scale of deemed payments for various levels of rep player?
Yeah I recall it that way as well: as it happens he apparently wasn't offered a contract, but I remember it being mentioned that we couldn't even offer him a lowish amount as the NRL refused to ratify any contract they felt was undervaluing a player of his status...

Yeah I recall it that way as well: as it happens he apparently wasn't offered a contract, but I remember it being mentioned that we couldn't even offer him a lowish amount as the NRL refused to ratify any contract they felt was undervaluing a player of his status...
Pretty sure the Gifty amount we offered was 3 or 350 so no way 2 can fly.

Really though, Parra seem incapable of not completely ****ing up any contract negotiation. They were lucky Foz is a total dumb**** infatuated with Dalai and Choc or this would be the second time they were getting dragged off to court or to an arbitrator.

Should the NRL as the governing body not say something on this? Oh... Yeah sorry... Dave Smith etc...

Hey I'm not just a pretend barrister, I'm a pretend QC. Also a pretend barista but that's on another site...
Are you also a pretend prime minister?

if so give us some pretend money to upgrade brookie.

How can parra offer hoppa a contract for $200k a season? Surely the NRL would not register it as it is too low for a current state of origin player

Parra the club which just keeps on giving

Are you also a pretend prime minister?

if so give us some pretend money to upgrade brookie.

How can parra offer hoppa a contract for $200k a season? Surely the NRL would not register it as it is too low for a current state of origin player

Parra the club which just keeps on giving
Here you go - spend it wisely :D
1444704578250.jpg

The NRL will OK the new Hoppa amount as the Eels are over the CAP by a good 500k or so. His valuation is nothing compare to the Gifty/Folau amounts that the NRL pulled out of their arses @:mad:

I must be dumber than I thought I was.

He's signed a deal. I don't know how long it was for, but it's at least for 2016.
Saying Seward didn't have the authority to make the deal is weak as p**s.

He was the CEO was he not ? Who has more authority than him ? Incompetence is not a defence.

What an absolute basket case of a club. And what's this 200K crap ? Judge his ability any way you like, but the NRL has its nominal values and there's no way Hoppa's is 200K.

They did the same to Foreign. But the difference is they actually WANT him. They'd rather Hoppa took his badge, bicycle and bible and ride away.

I'd be do exactly what he's doing. Dig your heels in son. They can't just change their minds whenever they like.

I must be dumber than I thought I was.

He's signed a deal. I don't know how long it was for, but it's at least for 2016.
Saying Seward didn't have the authority to make the deal is weak as p**s.

He was the CEO was he not ? Who has more authority than him ? Incompetence is not a defence.

What an absolute basket case of a club. And what's this 200K crap ? Judge his ability any way you like, but the NRL has its nominal values and there's no way Hoppa's is 200K.

They did the same to Foreign. But the difference is they actually WANT him. They'd rather Hoppa took his badge, bicycle and bible and ride away.

I'd be do exactly what he's doing. Dig your heels in son. They can't just change their minds whenever they like.
I think his legal rep actually said something along the lines of "who would have more authority to offer a deal than he CEO"

To the tune of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds (take heed Foran, Watmough, Hopoate, Gutherson):

"The chances of anything successful coming from a move to Parra
are a million to one they said
The chances of anything successful coming from a move to Parra are a million to one
but still they come"

Last edited:
To the tune of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds (take heed Foran, Watmough, Hopoate, Guhtherson):

"The chances of anything successful coming from a move to Parra
are a million to one they said
The chances of anything successful coming from a move to Parra are a million to one
but still they come"

......and still, they come. @:D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7