Parra struggling to find players for next week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ellakasmar

Reserve Grader
Bubble trouble: Eels may only have 17 eligible players for Magic Round

News just coming through. The NRL told every Sydney club not to put any top 30 players in the lower grades if they wanted them eligible for magic round. Parra seem to be the only club to have ignored this and now only have 17 players to choose from despite needing a 21-man squad. I don't know what the NRL will do, because it is SO unfair to every other club if they give Parra an exemption to allow these reserve players back into the bubble. Especially for a team like Penrith who had to use something like 9 Ron Massey Cup players to fill their NSW Cup team. But then what is the alternative??? Interested to see how this pans out!!!

MAN I HAAAATEEE PARRAAAAA

I read an article about this(https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bubble-trouble-eels-may-only-have-17-eligible-players-for-magic-round-20210509-p57q9z), don’t know if it’s the NRL’s call to let them return players to the bubble.

My reading of this is that it’s the NSW Health Department’s call, and probably the QLD Health Department as well, and we all know that the QLD border seems to slam shut pretty quickly; except if there’s money for QLD involved.
It is so unfair for every other team though who followed the recommendations. We had to pull out Taufua, Tuipilotu, Koula, Weekes etc. from our reserve grade and jersey flegg sides and pull replacements from everywhere, and if Parra get the exemption then that was all for nothing!

What a beat up story. QLD borders are open, unless u been to a hotspot. Parra boys wouldn't know where Bondi was, so they are all safe....Play on.

How long has it been since Tyfuna played a match?
Being picked as 18-19th man doesn't help anyone's fitness.

Saw Des having a word to him in the sheds today, seemed to be encouraging him. He’s at best a squad guy for mine. Cover for a number of positions that’s about it.

I said last week the favouritism the nrl have been slinging parra's way is producing a team of self entitled douche-bags on the field. (2 suspensions coming their way though), and it sounds like the entitlement attitude is continuing off it.

Every team does the right thing except parra..because hey...they're parra and what are the nrl gunna do about it?

Unless I've read the situation wrong then ... f.u. parra anyway!

The NRL will look after the Eels as they always do. Far too much money in the golden west to risk disenfranchising the worm supporters.

There is no ban on moving between the states, so it doesn't matter.

BUT if one does come in and the Eels can't field 17 players, then the NRL should demand that the Eels forfeit so that they don't risk injury and duty of care to their players.

Its not the NRL's job to fix it. The Eels took the risk. Fining them isn't the answer.
I think Ray Higgs still lives in the QLD, the Eels can call him up as 18th man.

1st game v warriors he was very solid in that last 10 mins. Diffused at last one nasty situation. I don’t think he will let the team down when called upon.

There is no ban on moving between the states, so it doesn't matter.

BUT if one does come in and the Eels can't field 17 players, then the NRL should demand that the Eels forfeit so that they don't risk injury and duty of care to their players.

Its not the NRL's job to fix it. The Eels took the risk. Fining them isn't the answer.
I think Ray Higgs still lives in the QLD, the Eels can call him up as 18th man.
Manly haven’t released him as far as I know

What a fvcking joke.....NRL is now considering their exemption request to bring back players into the bubble. So every other team removed their top 30 players as requested & weakened their lower grades chances yet the Eels basically said fvck you & now want an exemption. Well guess what.....fvck them. Cheating worms!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8