Game Day: Parramatta v Manly [Round 25, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
What are everyone’s thoughts? For me Elliot’s best position is Fullback, really only for his last ditch defense.. He was found out on the wing as was Garrick at fullback
Agree. I couldn’t understand why Des put our best winger at full back and put a player who has only ever played well at full back or in the centres on the wing. I couldn’t understand why he started with a strike front rower on the field. I’m hoping there was method in his madness and he was just experimenting and trying to build fitness. Could be the that Des was looking to next year and using a pretty meaningless match (5 or 6 doesn’t make much difference) to try out some combinations.

Again this match showed the inadequacies of our backline, especially when Tom Turbo is absent.
IMO there are only two of our backline tonight who are good enough First Graders to give us hope of a premiership in 2020 - DCE and Garrick.
Walker is a proven failure. He may have played for Australia and won a ring with Souffs but that was three seasons ago. He has been extremely disappointing for Manly and is not worth the money or the heartache.
If Jorge and Suli want to preserve their First Grade careers then it will have to be in the forwards. They have the bulk but not the speed or agility to play in the backs.
Parker is a trier, but again I think his best option is to try to convert to a lock/second rower Ala Lawrence from the Tuggers.
I think we have the forwards to win a premiership, injuries permitting.

Again this match showed the inadequacies of our backline, especially when Tom Turbo is absent.
IMO there are only two of our backline tonight who are good enough First Graders to give us hope of a premiership in 2020 - DCE and Garrick.
Walker is a proven failure. He may have played for Australia and won a ring with Souffs but that was three seasons ago. He has been extremely disappointing for Manly and is not worth the money or the heartache.
If Jorge and Suli want to preserve their First Grade careers then it will have to be in the forwards. They have the bulk but not the speed or agility to play in the backs.
Parker is a trier, but again I think his best option is to try to convert to a lock/second rower Ala Lawrence from the Tuggers.
I think we have the forwards to win a premiership, injuries permitting.
Parker a forward !
Keep hearing this
He has great courage but he gets absolutely smashed every week by outside backs in defence. You could make a highlight reel from it.Every week he wears the brunt of a big hit. Would be a total train wreck. Bring an NRL forward as opposed to a back involves running into bigger men more often.
And as you say we don’t need forwards. We need backs better than him , Suli and sadly now Jorge.

Parker a forward !
Keep hearing this
He has great courage but he gets absolutely smashed every week by outside backs in defence. You could make a highlight reel from it.Every week he wears the brunt of a big hit. Would be a total train wreck. Bring an NRL forward as opposed to a back involves running into bigger men more often.
And as you say we don’t need forwards. We need backs better than him , Suli and sadly now Jorge.
You must admit all those guys did ok to get us this far

Sadly, I went out there tonight. Why ?

I only live a few suburbs away.
I had a lift.
I wanted to see the Worms second new home ground they've gotten while we get SFA.
And I didn't have to pay for my ticket.

We were not good. Granted
But we are a way better side than they could ever be let me assure you.
They had to be at about 80% to beat us at our worst.

The decision to penalise Marty when Alvaro had hold of him was a shocker. He had earned the right to play the ball fast even with the current bullsh*t definition of the rule. I can assure you we were coming to get them until that point. We copped an absolute bath in the penalties too.

As far as the stadium goes, the view is great. But I'd still rather watch it at Brookie (....oops, sorry, Blottoland)

The only thing worse than the ground announcer was the stupid Yank behind me that wouldn't shut up. The bloke'd give a panadol a headache.

oh well, my prediction was horribly wrong and the boys didn't win by 20+ at all :(.

However, there are 3 things that are really starting to tick me off a little, even though I consider myself to always give people the benefit of the doubt.

1. Finch and Anasta carrying on like school kids and making claims that Marty should be gone for the season. There is no need to add fuel to the fire just because Finch has his best interests at heart with Melbourne. Just be like Brandy and say "he might be in a little bit of trouble", there is no need to try and influence others on what a Manly player should get as a suspension, yet a slime player should be ok and we feel sorry for him when he does a similar thing.

2. Even though Gutho went to slime he was ok in my eyes. But he has become the biggest crying bitch in the NRL. He has a cry over everything

3. The 3rd one is not so much that it pisses me off, but more of a concern, as I will never speak bad of any Manly player. But, is DCE truly playing injured? That grubber he put in about 10m out from slime's goal line was not DCE like, and we don't seem to roll ball into the in goal to get repeat sets anymore.

Anyhow, I hope the boys improve for our first final game.

I dont care what Elliot’s best position is, I don’t even think he is an Adequate squad player.

What did des have to say in the presser.

Cherry should have a very sheepish look on his face. If he has that **** eating grin, he shouldn’t be captain. He should be filthy at himself and his team.
Elliott had a shocker tonite. Was a disaster on the wing whereas previously was reasonably good at FB. Why on earth did the coach move him? But the biggest drawback in the Manly side is Taufua, being far too slow and error prone. Actually has been non NRL standard all season. Pity Funa hasn't been given a chance on the wing or as centre earlier.

Just got home from the game. I don't know what has been said ...... the loss is the loss, we played ****.

My only comments to be added here are WOW, just WOW what a stadium that is. If you get the chance to watch something there, then go. It is unbelievable it is easily the best stadium I have ever been in. It is such a huge advantage for such a lousy team. Apart from the stadium the highlight for me was my pissed lippy 18 year old getting in an argument with some old slapper when Tapau got sin binned ...... funny.

My only other comment would be what the **** were the morons at the NRL thinking scheduling that match at 6pm on Friday night? Sydney traffic at that time and lack of parking around the ground meant that so many people were late ......

Anyway, GO MANLY. Can't wait for Brookie next week.

Was at the game tonight in the corporate area, amazing stadium but we played like crap and I'm pretty shattered with the result.

Was at the game tonight in the corporate area, amazing stadium but we played like crap and I'm pretty shattered with the result.
Sorry you had to sit through that.
I think for all of us the biggest disappointment tonight is that the NRL season is so long and for us to have had the last 2 weeks see us implode and waste all the good work of the season is such a shame.

We have seen this year if we were going into next week fully fit i would be so confident now after tonight so flat.

oh well, my prediction was horribly wrong and the boys didn't win by 20+ at all :(.

However, there are 3 things that are really starting to tick me off a little, even though I consider myself to always give people the benefit of the doubt.

1. Finch and Anasta carrying on like school kids and making claims that Marty should be gone for the season. There is no need to add fuel to the fire just because Finch has his best interests at heart with Melbourne. Just be like Brandy and say "he might be in a little bit of trouble", there is no need to try and influence others on what a Manly player should get as a suspension, yet a slime player should be ok and we feel sorry for him when he does a similar thing.

2. Even though Gutho went to slime he was ok in my eyes. But he has become the biggest crying bitch in the NRL. He has a cry over everything

3. The 3rd one is not so much that it pisses me off, but more of a concern, as I will never speak bad of any Manly player. But, is DCE truly playing injured? That grubber he put in about 10m out from slime's goal line was not DCE like, and we don't seem to roll ball into the in goal to get repeat sets anymore.

1. Finch and anasta... wtf was there problem tonight? Such bias and bull**** it was disgusting! The way they had a cry over marty.. anasta said thats one of the worst hes seen in ages... then evans knocks out parker and before the replay is even shown hes already sticking up for him saying repeatedly its not his shoulder. Then finch has the audacity to say i feel sorry for evans...... why the **** would you feel sorry for him when he recklessly shouldered scorpio in the head? They were awful and i felt like punch finchy in his fake rat teeth.

2. Im with you on gutho... he bithces and moans every chance he gets and when hes tackled he jumps around like a worm and humps the ground. When they score he carries on like a pork chop. The manly is now completely gone from him hes fully embraced the dark side.

3. Dce was again worst of the halves on field hes been butt average the last few weeks. Our pack is good we have fast play the balls yet he does nothing! No repeat sets no try assists no line break assists. He barely gets involved, hes content with walker to run the show while he hides behind the play the ball. The 1st set of the game we had them pinned on there try line and he didnt even touch the ball and walker just gave it to afb to die with the ball, then penalty and they score (from a forward pass) and score again. He only plays right side and doest help walker out he didn't chime in with garrick who shouldn't of played fb. He did nothing..... again! Hes our captain and most expensive player.... ****ing do SOMETHING

1. Finch and anasta... wtf was there problem tonight? Such bias and bull**** it was disgusting! The way they had a cry over marty.. anasta said thats one of the worst hes seen in ages... then evans knocks out parker and before the replay is even shown hes already sticking up for him saying repeatedly its not his shoulder. Then finch has the audacity to say i feel sorry for evans...... why the **** would you feel sorry for him when he recklessly
Dont understand why they didnt play Tom.

But played DCE.
Should of rested him and jake and let cust have a crack he would of done better than dce tonight he was a park footballer out there behind a great pack

Just got home haven’t read the thread yet but one my concerns was when the Eels scored their second last try. The Sea Eagles were right in front of us when the conversion took place- there was no talk from DCE, no direction, no huddling nothing everyone was just walking around and there was silence.
When we were on our winning streak weeks ago those motivational talks got the team pumped.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11