Game Day: Parramatta v Manly [Round 25, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Well, I can’t say that loss was unexpected! I definitely am not trying to make excuses when I say this, because at the end of the day our ball control has been killing us the past couple of weeks, but gosh our injuries didn’t help.

Having Tom Trbojevic, Joel Thompson, Jack Gosiewski & Morgan Boyle on the sideline from the start was tough enough, but losing Taniela Paseka, Curtis Sironen and Brad Parker (as well as a Kapow sin binning) mid game made it all the worse. Having a one man bench never gives a team that great of a chance of making a come back.

I’m honestly not too bummed about the loss for these reasons. Reality has definitely hit me and brought me back down to earth from starting to think of how I’m gonna get to the grand final lol! This season has been full of surprises from the very start, and with the adversity we have faced along the way, securing 6th spot is pretty amazing. Anything else we can do this year will be even better, and an awesome way to set up for a successful 2020.

But for now I am SO excited for a home semi at Brookie. I would really really love to win that one, and see where it takes us!

God I love this team :)

Waddell has been very disappointing since the suspension. If Marty gets suspended for the finals he needs to return to early season form and Perrett needs to keep playing for his career.

Elliot back to fullback and hopefully our defence can push us all the way. We should have plenty up our sleeve in attack for the finals. Des can make the grand final with the bulldogs teams, ours has way more attacking talent. The defence is the only question.

1. Finch and anasta... wtf was there problem tonight? Such bias and bull**** it was disgusting! The way they had a cry over marty.. anasta said thats one of the worst hes seen in ages... then evans knocks out parker and before the replay is even shown hes already sticking up for him saying repeatedly its not his shoulder. Then finch has the audacity to say i feel sorry for evans...... why the **** would you feel sorry for him when he recklessly shouldered scorpio in the head? They were awful and i felt like punch finchy in his fake rat teeth.

2. Im with you on gutho... he bithces and moans every chance he gets and when hes tackled he jumps around like a worm and humps the ground. When they score he carries on like a pork chop. The manly is now completely gone from him hes fully embraced the dark side.

3. Dce was again worst of the halves on field hes been butt average the last few weeks. Our pack is good we have fast play the balls yet he does nothing! No repeat sets no try assists no line break assists. He barely gets involved, hes content with walker to run the show while he hides behind the play the ball. The 1st set of the game we had them pinned on there try line and he didnt even touch the ball and walker just gave it to afb to die with the ball, then penalty and they score (from a forward pass) and score again. He only plays right side and doest help walker out he didn't chime in with garrick who shouldn't of played fb. He did nothing..... again! Hes our captain and most expensive player.... ****ing do SOMETHING

Hi BBTB,

Yes I am getting a little fed up with these commentators. I don't mind if they have their opinions I can live with that, however, tonight there was malice from Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb (Finch/Anasta) to try and suggest Marty should go for a long spell. Trying everything possible to weaken Manly for as long as possible. From now on might mute volume and watch the games on mute, that way I can make my own bias opinions :)

Always held Gutho in high regard but he has changed considerably. Maybe he is contemplating that Smith may retire soon and he wants to be the NRL's biggest influence on referees after Smith?

And DCE I don't have much to say apart from this is not the DCE I am use to seeing. I can only think he is injured and not saying it, but hope he improves from next week on.

weak

just weak

My God there was a lot rubbish out there tonight. They better sort their crap out or it's going to be a short final series.
Anything can happen on the day (to quote a cliche that may allow me some hope), but how bad has this self-destruction been the last couple of games? A lot of maturing and work to be done if we are going to realistically win a premiership in the near future.

Anything can happen on the day (to quote a cliche that may allow me some hope), but how bad has this self-destruction been the last couple of games? A lot of maturing and work to be done if we are going to realistically win a premiership in the near future.

Whether it works from now on or not I'm usually reasonably happy knowing Des does a lot of video work. I know video is after the fact but (amongst 1000 other things) he can point out that Fergo was jamming in all night but Manly repeatedly passed the ball slowly to Parker to get nailed, and once, on Parra's line, Dce does the weakest, softest kick along the ground right to moses to end the set.

Other things didn't help like Marty getting penalised 1 metre out because he didn't wait an hour to allow the Parra player to get up. Marty didn't knock on nor did he play the ball on the Parra player, sutton just decided Manly was too close to staying in 5th place and blew a penalty.

It was a rabble, and as a bonus we've got more injuries and Marty probably out for a week at least.

Whether it works from now on or not I'm usually reasonably happy knowing Des does a lot of video work. I know video is after the fact but (amongst 1000 other things) he can point out that Fergo was jamming in all night but Manly repeatedly passed the ball slowly to Parker to get nailed, and once, on Parra's line, Dce does the weakest, softest kick along the ground right to moses to end the set.

Other things didn't help like Marty getting penalised 1 metre out because he didn't wait an hour to allow the Parra player to get up. Marty didn't knock on nor did he play the ball on the Parra player, sutton just decided Manly was too close to staying in 5th place and blew a penalty.

It was a rabble, and as a bonus we've got more injuries and Marty probably out for a week at least.
That was a massive turning point in the game we had them on the ropes it should of been OUR penalty yet the CHEAT blows a penalty for them and then they score again from a penalty. The fainu tackle was another turning point and a blatant bull**** call to turn the game. They got a penalty and then scored AGAIN from a penalty. Parra are a **** team we had boyle turbo thommo jetski out then lost paseka then parker and they had help all night it was 14-2 and they already had 8 penalties to our 3. I dont know what the count was at the end im assuming we got the short end AGAIN this year.

That was a massive turning point in the game we had them on the ropes it should of been OUR penalty yet the CHEAT blows a penalty for them and then they score again from a penalty. The fainu tackle was another turning point and a blatant bull**** call to turn the game. They got a penalty and then scored AGAIN from a penalty. Parra are a **** team we had boyle turbo thommo jetski out then lost paseka then parker and they had help all night it was 14-2 and they already had 8 penalties to our 3. I dont know what the count was at the end im assuming we got the short end AGAIN this year.

9-5 Parra's favour, because obviously we were twice as bad as them (not).

If ever there was a "bail them out" penalty, that was it. I mean, Marty was basically penalised because he played the ball while not letting the guy who was hanging all over him, get up.

Really? Who has ever heard of that??

I'm sorry but for all those saying that Marty deserved to be penalised for being horizontal while playing the ball, give yourselves an uppercut, seriously. The tackler still had hold of his jumper and was trying to lock his legs around Marty's. That is a holding down penalty every day of the week. Yet Marty, the guy playing the ball and doing nothing wrong, is the one penalised.

When even Finch and Anasta who were over the top in their anti-Manly bias tonight agreed that the penalty against Manly was a joke.....

Last edited:
Horizontal, vertical or diagonal.... everyone has their different opinions on the topic, however, from where I was watching that was a penalty to us every day of the week. The slime were purposely slowing the ruck and should have been penalised the tackle before. Just because Marty doesn't jump around like a worm (per Gutho) to milk a penalty, does not give the player the right to drag a player down as he is standing, to slow the play the ball down. As far as I am aware when there is a call of "held" you must allow player to get up and play the ball, not try to drag him down again. If it was us doing that I can assure you the penalty would be given against us.

Horizontal, vertical or diagonal.... everyone has their different opinions on the topic, however, from where I was watching that was a penalty to us every day of the week. The slime were purposely slowing the ruck and should have been penalised the tackle before. Just because Marty doesn't jump around like a worm (per Gutho) to milk a penalty, does not give the player the right to drag a player down as he is standing, to slow the play the ball down. As far as I am aware when there is a call of "held" you must allow player to get up and play the ball, not try to drag him down again. If it was us doing that I can assure you the penalty would be given against us.

A mate of mine who is a long suffering Worms fan even said to me that the penalty against Marty was a seriously bad call. Of course, the little twat accepted it lol. But he agreed that Cummins pulled that one right out of his arse.

weak

just weak

My God there was a lot rubbish out there tonight. They better sort their crap out or it's going to be a short final series.

Speaking of rubbish out there. What was the go with all the rubbish blowing around on the field all game (like, no one could’ve done a clean up at half time?).. Not to mention the fkn cow paddock they were playing on. *We cross to Megan Barnyard for a comment on the ground condition....."Well boys I can tell you I’ve spoken to the head groundsman here at Wankfest and he assures me it’s just wear and tear for this time of year"......"Well thanks Megan, on with the game"
........Can you imagine the uproar if that was Brookie....,OMG it’s a travesty. End the game now before everyone does their ACLs :swear:

Speaking of rubbish out there. What was the go with all the rubbish blowing around on the field all game (like, no one could’ve done a clean up at half time?).. Not to mention the fkn cow paddock they were playing on. *We cross to Megan Barnyard for a comment on the ground condition....."Well boys I can tell you I’ve spoken to the head groundsman here at Wankfest and he assures me it’s just wear and tear for this time of year"......"Well thanks Megan, on with the game"
........Can you imagine the uproar if that was Brookie....,OMG it’s a travesty. End the game now before everyone does their ACLs :swear:

You are spot on and couldn't agree with you more. If it was Brookie, Greenturd would be seeking an investigation and a please explain as to why we should hold a semi at Brookie. Further, asking for security cameras to see which fans could be barred from Brookie for littering which is a major player concern like taking a photo of a player with your phone whilst enjoying a Jim Beam. Who knows, maybe the people responsible were trying to strike out at the players...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11