Paul Kent in trouble again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The tall guy had the reach but Kent was too drunk and fired up to play it smart. He should have stood back and sized up the situation.
One thing you can say about Kent is that he's evenly balanced...he has a chip on each shoulder.šŸ˜‚

I'm a similar age to Kent and enjoy a beer with mates but I don't remember the last time I got drunk, have been tipsy but generally six beers over several hours at a BBQ does me as I don't like the feeling the next day and don't want to be staggering around looking like an idiot.

I never have like Kent, he comes across as high and mighty who cant do no wrong while ripping into everyone else, if that was a footy player he would be calling for a lengthy suspension and writing about it all week.
Don't like to see anyone out of a job but this bloke need so disappear from our screens, this isn't a one off and it's time for him to learn his drinking limit or go on a booze ban.

IMG_5434.jpeg

Wasn't this guy up on domestic violence charges recently? And didn't he get off?

Yeah, definitely doesn't have that in him at all does he...

From the SMH:

Paul Kent stood down from Fox, Daily Telegraph pending street fight investigation​

Josefine Ganko

By Josefine Ganko

April 28, 2024 ā€” 9.27am

Rugby league journalist Paul Kent has been stood down from his roles at the Daily Telegraph and Fox Sports after a video posted to social media on Sunday morning showed him in a street fight outside a restaurant in Sydneyā€™s inner west.

A statement from a spokesperson speaking on behalf of both organisations said Kent ā€œhad been stood down pending an immediate investigationā€.
Paul Kent appeared in social media videos of a street fight in Rozelle.

Paul Kent appeared in social media videos of a street fight in Rozelle.CREDIT: X/@86DIB
Kent was cleared of domestic violence chargesagainst his ex-partner in December last year.

In the video posted to X, the senior writer for The Daily Telegraph and host of Fox Sports show NRL 360 can be seen on the street outside Tottiā€™s Rozelle, engaging in an argument with another man before the fight turns physical.

Kent appears to take his watch off before approaching a man. The two men then begin trading punches.

The sparring sends Kent and the man onto the street, with Kent at one point going head-first into the gutter during the scuffle.

Itā€™s not clear what the dispute was over, but Kent can allegedly be heard calling a man a ā€œdogā€ and a ā€œdogheadā€ during the initial argument.
NSW Police confirmed they did not respond to the incident, and were unaware of the video before this masthead contacted the media unit with questions on Sunday morning.

Kent returned to his NRL 360 hosting gig in March after a nine-month absence while he awaited trial on the domestic violence charges.

Kent was accused of attacking his then 33-year-old ex-partner at his home in Lilyfield on May 12 last year, but was found not guilty of common assault, intentionally choking a person without consent and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

After a two-day hearing in December, magistrate Daniel Reiss said he could not rely on the complainantā€™s version of events over Kentā€™s.

The woman claimed Kent threw her to the ground after she took his phone off his home office desk, and put his hands around her throat, leaving her with injuries to her neck, arms and hand.

Delivering his judgment, Reiss said the medical evidence provided concluded ā€œno such injuries have been found on the neckā€ and photographs of her arms were inconclusive.

RELATED ARTICLE​

Sports journalist Paul Kent leaving court after being cleared of domestic violence charges.

Courts

Kent ā€˜vindicatedā€™ after being cleared of domestic violence charges

In regards to the physical ā€œwrestleā€, Reiss said it was a case of ā€œone word against anotherā€ and he was not satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that the alleged assaults occurred.

Outside court in December, Kent told reporters the case had been costly and ā€œa big setbackā€, and had ā€œcaused significant reputational damageā€.

ā€œIā€™ve been vindicated today. The judge accepted what happened,ā€ he said.
Kent was contacted for comment.

This is a nothing story. In the 70s and 80s this used to go on every weekend down at Manly. I agree he's a probably ****en idiot but come on let's get on down off our high horses. Who hasn't punched on or known someone who punched on after having a few too many? Harmless high jinks. No one was hurt and I'm sure the other bloke would have been mouthing off and being a dickhead.

This is nothing story. In the 70s and 80s this used to go on every weekend down at Manly. I agree he's a probably ****en idiot but come on let's get on down off our high horses. Who hasn't punched on or known someone who punched on after having a few too many? Harmless high jinks. No one was hurt and I'm sure the other bloke would have been mouthing off and being a dickhead.
To use his own argument against him, he is a public figure who is well paid and whether he likes it or not he is representing his employers every time he goes out in public. Especially considering his recent issues he should know better and needs to pull his head in. If I was his employer this would be the final straw.

To use his own argument against him, he is a public figure who is well paid and whether he likes it or not he is representing his employers every time he goes out in public. Especially considering his recent issues he should know better and needs to pull his head in. If I was his employer this would be the final straw.

Well said. Just walk away, unless you r a moron.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me

This is a nothing story. In the 70s and 80s this used to go on every weekend down at Manly. I agree he's a probably ****en idiot but come on let's get on down off our high horses. Who hasn't punched on or known someone who punched on after having a few too many? Harmless high jinks. No one was hurt and I'm sure the other bloke would have been mouthing off and being a dickhead.
Wow, what a ridiculous view. How many people have been killed from 1 punch that started as ā€œharmless high jinksā€ ?

Not to mention this blokes high moral standards that he holds players too repeatedly that he and his mates have driven out of the game

Wow, what a ridiculous view. How many people have been killed from 1 punch that started as ā€œharmless high jinksā€ ?

Not to mention this blokes high moral standards that he holds players too repeatedly that he and his mates have driven out of the game
100% this

Clearly as a bloke still boozing up in his 50's to the point he is having punch ons would indicate a not very healthy relationship with booze. Also You would have thought that the smart approach for him would be to take a step back in public life (which I know is tough for someone who was not convicted of a crime) for a period of time.

As much as they were both pissed and aggressive it's a sad indictment on society today that no-one took charge and defused the situation.
Not only that, they decide to film it and then upload it.
WTF are Security doing these days?

Mr Kent, meet Mr Tree.

Honestly, who actually fights anymore? It's not the redneck 90's! The guys a bit older than me, how embarrassing. Why isn't he home doing his crochet ?

As much as they were both pissed and aggressive it's a sad indictment on society today that no-one took charge and defused the situation.
Not only that, they decide to film it and then upload it.
WTF are Security doing these days?
I donā€™t believe that they have security guards at Tottis in Rozelle, it really isnā€™t that kind of pub, only ever seen people out enjoying something to eat and drink there. It is right in the middle of houses and doesnā€™t seem to attract the drunk dickhead element

Ridiculous comment. Not at the age of 54 after just beating a DV charge. Especially for a bloke that holds such high moral standards. The bloke is a muppet.
Nappa said:
"haven't you ever made a mistake?"
Haven't you had a brain snap"?

My sarcasm didn't come through. I was using the excuses they usually make for players when they do something dumb.

I agree he is an angry little man.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10