Paul Kent is right, for once

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SG Ball team won 8 of 9 in the regular season so there is something on the horizon for all the death riders.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
In saying Manly will do it tough over the coming years.

Last in NYC, last in NSW cup. We've gone from having a gun NYC team, and a gun reggies team who won the Q Cup to having not a lot going for us in the lower grades.

I think a lot of the reason Des left was that the Dogs could fund a better program than Manly can and provide a pipeline for the future.

If you want to know who the dominant team will be over the coming years, it' s the Warriors. Great program; everyone kid in New Zealand wants to play for their Under 20s.
The Mighty Sea Eagles have the best halves combination in the NRL and we will be building a team around Foran and DCE . We are a successful club with a winning culture and we will have no problems attracting players . Kent always does it tough writing garbage .

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Who won 20s in 2009
Who won NSW cup in 2010
Tell me without looking it up

Dogs have won 4 NSW Cups in a row so obviously then

From memory Melbourne in the Toyota Cup, remember Canberra winning the 1st in 2008 and then I think Melbourne with Widdop scoring the match winner or something

Maybe the question was rhetorical? There doesn't seem to be an answer forthcoming! lol

Kiwi Eagle said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Who won 20s in 2009
Who won NSW cup in 2010

From memory Melbourne in the Toyota Cup, remember Canberra winning the 1st in 2008 and then I think Melbourne with Widdop scoring the match winner or something

FFS you guys are a greedy lot! Learn to share the love- while we are winning premierships in first grade, it is only fair that others like the chihuahuas win WOODEN SPOONS and reserve grade comps...

Vyssini said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Who won 20s in 2009
Who won NSW cup in 2010

FFS you guys are a greedy lot! Learn to share the love- while we are winning premierships in first grade, it is only fair that others like the chihuahuas win WOODEN SPOONS and reserve grade comps...

I think you missed the point a little if you read back through the thread. No one (except maybe 'The Eagle') is complaining about our lower grades performance- just pointing out how irrelevant these results have become.

Have said it before. Results in junior grades mean nothing. Its about development and getting players ready for first grade. Some teams have kids who dominate the junior grades but never make it to first grade because they've never had to work hard in a game before as its been too easy against their own age group. We mightn't produce as many juniors, but the ones who make it will generally play a lot more first grade games than the ones who come through at other clubs.

I find the term "can't understand normal thinking" highly offensive. I would prefer it if posters would use the term "kent" instead. Can that be added to the memes?

It's a sad indictment that anyone takes notice of Kent any more. Especially Manly fans.

The guy is one-dimensional. A one-trick player.

His sole agenda is to spread deficiency thinking and bitterness.

He fits into the "News of the World" News Ltd organisation perfectly. Their target audience is certainly not people in charge of their emotions and their thoughts.

PJ said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
In saying Manly will do it tough over the coming years.

Last in NYC, last in NSW cup. We've gone from having a gun NYC team, and a gun reggies team who won the Q Cup to having not a lot going for us in the lower grades.

I think a lot of the reason Des left was that the Dogs could fund a better program than Manly can and provide a pipeline for the future.

If you want to know who the dominant team will be over the coming years, it' s the Warriors. Great program; everyone kid in New Zealand wants to play for their Under 20s.

Ha...would you care to rethink these comments???

Not really mate. Look at the blokes who have come through the under 20's and the Reggies when they were playing in the Q-Cup that have gone on to great things in first grade or with other clubs.

What have we got coming through these sides now? Other than Riccardi is there anything to get excited about?

The unusual thing about Manly is the current squad has been predominantly developed, not bought.

Being weak in the lower grades now will manifest itself in the NRL team when some of the older blokes start to drop off in the not too distant future.

Bollocks. You only need one or two talents coming through per year because first graders hang around for years. What's the point in having 17 superstar reserves when the following year 2 or 3 first grade spots will be available? A couple of guys will get a run, the rest will get ****ty and leave anyway.

We have a few guys coming through. We don't need to replace the whole first grade team, we just need to fill the gaps and there are enough for that.

Look at Parra. They have so many juniors coming through but being spoilt for choice they get confused and let the wrong ones go.

It's not about having 17 guys all at once that can step up, it's about having the necessary replacements ready when needed.

Totally disagree Clit Commander, and agree with Duff.I don't really need to add much more than what Duff has already stated, so I'll leave it at that.

Duff is on the money. I could not give a toss if we win the under 20's or NSW cup. All that matters is that we have a few prospects each year and the NRL side is not down the bottom of the ladder and we are competitive.

Love to have all 5 teams win the grand final and watch how uncomfortable that makes opposition fans.

5 teams =

Harold Matts,
SG Ball
U20s
NSW Cup
And NRL

So you boys would be happy with the NRL side drawing on blokes who get flogged week in week out, because they aren't very good, or aren't being coached well, or are playing in a weak comp?

Can't see the logic in that.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
So you boys would be happy with the NRL side drawing on blokes who get flogged week in week out, because they aren't very good, or aren't being coached well, or are playing in a weak comp?

Can't see the logic in that.

The point is results aren't whats important in the lower grades. Some kids in strong programs go through most of their junior footy being in totally dominant teams, but because of this are never really tested and struggle when they have to step up to open company. I think it can be beneficial to a kids chances at making it at the toughest level if they've had to fight throughtout their junior career.

Something to aim for, asked David Middleton has any side ever Grand slammed (all grades) and no club has!

Imagine being able to boast that Manly won grades and the 1st club to do it, would sit along nicely with the no Manly top grade side has won a wooden spoon in the history of the club

Kent we get rid of this thread...should have been banned from the heading......FFS

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2