Paul Kent: Matai should have got 6 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Paul Kent: Matai should of got 6 weeks

What a wanker,I just read his bitch about Matai, Kent you really do try to make yourself look stupid don't you.
I copied this bit from his article.

it's more than a brush, you can see the shirt move. I'm astounded, I think in AFL that would be four to six weeks - you can't touch a ref like that."

WTF "you can see the shirt move" your astounded!!!!!
Are you trying to out do Ritchie for the idiot award?

Paul Kent: Matai should of got 6 weeks

Agree Kent is a prize f**k knuckle. Gibbo is not far behind with his anti Manly comments.

At least Billy stuck up for Manly and said if Matai hit the ref with his shoulder he would have been on the ground.

I thought the penalty was for the verbal not the 'light brush past'.

If it was any other player there would not be any discussion by anyone including the media.

kent is an idiot, journalists are supposed to report on things, plus have views and opinions, not bitter hatred. Totally unprofessional.

He is the reason I dont buy the Daily Telegraph.

You watch him on the Fox NRL footy show, and he is a disgrace, always cutting in, and telling everybody that their opinion is wrong.

SwornEagle said:
Kent is just havin a whinge cos he's a massive sharks fan and pissed that he's heard Matai won't be signing with them after they chased him.

I think your getting him confused with Rothfield.

He is entitled to his opinion. I dare say if it had of been Ennis many on here would be saying he should have been suspended. At the end of the day he is human and is just as one eyed as any other league fan.

Absolute beat up. There was nothing in that all and no deliberate contact "you could see his shirt move" oh wow what startling evidence that is

I think he just aims to be controversial so as to provoke comment, it's a typical "shock jock" approach. Ritchie and Rothfield, and to a lesser extent Mascord are the same.

Ditto with our old sparring partner Rebecca Wilson.

Pretty much I reckon Journos (full stop) are low lifes, TV / Paper / Radio they are all tarred with the same brush.

Which just confirms an old saying,

Believe nothing you read.

Believe nothing you hear.

Believe nothing you see.

Believe ONLY what you hear / see or read DIRECTLY yourself.....ie if Snake tells you face to face he's goes to the Roosters then that's where he is going, until then beleive nothing from anything or anyone!!

Small man syndrome and his enjoyment in life is amusing himself while abusing himself. Aren't there some absolute failures as journalists? Wilson, Kent, Rothfield and Richie set an incredibly low standard.

I think referee Suttor should have received 'dogs' players player after that performance.

Every time we got a penalty we were in position to score and were stopped. Everytime the dogs needed a penalty they got one.

You could see the player's frustration at half-time.

It would be itneresting to see if Suttor is a member of the dogs leagues club or if he grew up a dogs fan.

I often find it difficult to defend Matai on most of his infringements. In this instance I will to a degree. The ref was moving into his path one way and Kite (I think it was him) was closing it off the other way. I think (rare for me) he was going to run very close to the ref anyway but misjudged the run. 12 other players for Manly probably would not have made contact. If it was another player from another team I would say 1 week would be ok.

I always thought that Skivvy said something and was marched a further 10 metres, NOT that he brushed him on the way past!

Agreed K*nt is a W*nker!

What's with the Telegraph trying to promote Kent as Kenty, how dare they try and pass him off as a mate you'd drink with down the pub... Shame on News Limited for their lack of journalistic objectivity.

We have to remember Paul Kent openly blasted Manly fans during the Brett stewart saga.On snakes first game back after the gallop suspension, snake did a lap and the manly fans clapped, cheered and acknowledged stewart as stewart did for the support from the fans

After this Kent ranted that Manly fans were openly condoning the rape or a minor by supporting stewart

The Manly fans were just giving gallop an up yours really for the suspension, and supporting their champion. Kent was so wrong and so far off the planet of reasonable doubt, and missed the point by so far it was ludicrous. I cant fathom how stupid and cringe worthy he was. It was embarasing to the school system , to his employers, his family , but most of all to himself

We all have opinions, and from time to time we all go off when wrong. But when you are so wrong, on such a delicate subject, and telling so many, so loudly, you surely err on the side of caution. It sickens me to this day that he could draw such a long bow, and never learn humility from such a massive error of judgement

he is the pub dickhead with a microphone

Garts said:
He is entitled to his opinion. I dare say if it had of been Ennis many on here would be saying he should have been suspended. At the end of the day he is human and is just as one eyed as any other league fan.

He's a journalist though. He should at least try to show some impartiality.

why do we keep posting what these kretins write we do not need to know what they think its what we think and know . If we do not post on their comments maybe they will realise we are not being baited by them, If the idiots make these statements on a sports show our best defence is to ignore any show they are on then they may be out of work as their crap is not getting a response
manly 4 ever btb 2012

I may be in the minority here but I feel Kent has shown the talent to rise above sports writing in the DT and (with plenty of hard work) may graduate to ****house walls in the future. Anyway, it's something to strive for.

I just sit back and laugh at Kent these days - he used to get me fired up but he's such a one trick pony banging on against us every chance he gets..his face getting all red and his quaking little voice stumbling over his words in outrage.

Has less and less impact after each diatribe - there will be another 2 or 3 this year from him too.

Just laugh at him ....thats what I did after the GF last year !!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6