[Resurrected] Penn selling the club??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I can't guess.
I know you can't make money from owning a football club.
So they all say.
So why would anyone?
It was explained to me on here once before but I can't remember by who.
And the reasons were things my brain would never consider so I'd like to hear it again.
Other than passion and love for the club, it doesn't seem good business.

Tax write off .

I wonder what rights under an NRL license, each club has to negotiate their own games and content .i.e. Sea Eagles tv where they stream all their games.

I can't see the NRL being far sighted enough to make rules around that's likewise I can't see many clubs that forward thinking to have someone look at and test the rules of their license

Honestly if the climate now was in place ore superleague you could really see super league winning with a better option. Of the now craziness.

This sounds the most plausible explanation. Don't think the Penns would sell off all their interests in the club now that funding from government has been cemented for brookie upgrade, COE and talks of expansions in NY. Also Dessie is going to build us another empire..

For those same reasons the sale price would be much higher. I hope they stick with us though

I’m gonna win that 560 mil lotto thing from lottoland, rebuild lottoland aka brooky and purchase the club with the change. Tooves can run it. Too easy!
You do know we'd all turn on you though? Stay in the tent @;)

Now that Des is back my hatred of Penn's incompetent leadership has subsided. Had this news emerged 2 years ago I would have been praying with all my might for it to come true.

Probably crap.
A journalist probably asked him if he was selling.
He has been asked plenty of times and probably said yeah if someone dangles $50 million in front of me, Weildler has taken that and run with it.

There have been reports of offers of $20 million before which he has knocked back as he has said the club is not for sale.

Plenty of people have said something is not for sale but if someone offers stupid money then all of a sudden its for sale, everything is for sale at the right price.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10