Post-Game Discussion Penrith v Manly [Round 1, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Panthers
Vs
Sea Eagles
28 BlueBet Stadium
10 Mar 2022 20:05
80th minute

Match Stats

OK, I'll have a crack at this one.....

1 - Nope, won't happen unless Froggy and Lawton are injured or suspended.

2 - Again, nope, won't happen. When Shoe comes back he'll be in the back row. Despite playing behind a beaten pack, Cherry and Foz were among our better players last night.

3 - If Koula takes anyone's spot its Harper's.

4 - Post first, then have a toke.

5 - Toff should be starting from the bench at best. Paseka needs to be the starter in #8.

6 - The lock also needs to be a good passer so that rules out Bullemor straight up. Jake will only be moved to prop in an emergency and Walker won't start there unless Jake isn't playing (e.g. Origin time).

6 - First, this should be 7, but we'll forgive the typo lol. OK, when everyone is available our starting props should be Paseka and Aloiai with Marty, Keppie and maybe Toff coming off the bench.

What should we try if we haven't won after Round 4 (which would mean a loss to the Dogs in Round 3 BTW, and that ain't happening). Should we piss Turbo off to Blacktown and play Walker at fullback??
Chill out gramps ; ) they were just some wild and wacky (tobaccy) suggestions to get some discussion and feedback, I don’t think Des will take them to heart either

Glad to see your passion

Maybe in the occasional big game, there could be an unannounced switcherooni to defuse other teams' shut down Turbo plans, e.g. play Turbo at five eighth for part of the game & someone else at the back (Koula, Weekes)?
Could work. When every kick went to Saab’s corner it really limited Tom’s ability to return the ball.

Could work. When every kick went to Saab’s corner it really limited Tom’s ability to return the ball.
Also, Turbo would be in the opposition's face from the get-go. It is a ploy that Bozo would possibly have used - not sure about Des. However, I have heard Des say that Turbo is capable of playing five eighth.

Early in the game, Manly very competitive and on attack...suddenly Marty's impromptu catch and pass to Jake, which he couldn't hold, Jake looked furious!! I suspect that is exactly the kind of thing Des has been trying to drum into them, build pressure, stay focussed, do not throw it away with a sudden silly impulse.

I think Jake knew at that moment exactly how significant the pressure release was. A learning process for our guys, but may take time.
it was a bubble bursting moment for sure and probably close to the most preventable mistake in the first half with saabs clunker. But its Manly, firstly DCE should have taken the tackle, then marty who did quite well considering should have taken the tackle. It was Manly pushing it once plan A went to dust. we are never calm, just more frantic the tighter it gets

its kind of what i mean about Manlys DNA.

is it the mistake, or the need to play a kind of footy that increases them under pressure.

There is a funny side to last night. Poor old Parra fans will be saying, hang on, we beat Penwiff 36 blot in the trial, crack open the champagne (or more likely a 4L cask of Fruity Gordo), a title is on the way 😂
No, they're just playing it cool....

"634 reasons why the Eels can break the drought

How stacked is the Eels 2022 roster? Strong enough to leave a State of Origin player in reserve grade and be the envy of every other NRL club, writes DAVID RICCIO."

......turns out they've got a few old blokes in their NSW Cup side and when you add up the number of NRL games they've played it's 634. The SOO player is Nathan Brown who's just completed his first full week of training since coming back from injury.

Maybe in the occasional big game, there could be an unannounced switcherooni to defuse other teams' shut down Turbo plans, e.g. play Turbo at five eighth for part of the game & someone else at the back (Koula, Weekes)?
Turbo could just go centre if manly play koula in the centres instead of Parker or Harper then Koula goes to fullback , more speed back there to nullify teams trying peg down turbo

How awesome to be last on the table and the worst performance of any team. Hang your heads in a shame Manly for throwing up that most pathetic performance of the weekend.

We may not play them again this year - unless in the finals.

We play Souths 29 April (away) and the Storm 26 May (away) & 30 June (home).

We have just four games against top 4 sides this year, but three of those are away.
Yeah, so we are stuck doubting we can beat a top 4 team for a while :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10