Game Day: Penrith v Manly [Round 12, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This would be happening with DCE and Turbo. Our forwards are rubbish. Waddell and Gosiewski cant get any post contact meters. Offloads non existent. Is Sironen and Thompson even playing???

I thought Sirro and Thommo have been good that half. Making great stops in defence and forcing errors. AFB just needs to wind up and hit the ball up only. Everything comes off the back of him.
Then we get a roll on with API and Fainu out of half.

Was very painful to watch but we are well in this contest. We need to win ugly and this will get us going again. Our true character will show this 2nd half

Cade cust looks a little too casual, its great that he is not over awed by the occasion but he needs to seriously step it up a gear and stop looking at refs and whinging. He has the skills but he needs to get more of the hard graft. Elgey is creating and organising nothing. API is a waste of time at hooker, his service from dummy half is so bad thank god Fainu is coming through. Don't know what is going on with Thommo but he has been carrying on like a dick for a couple of weeks now, needs to be more mature and set an example for the other blokes not running around and mouthing off. AFB was on for too long hope that doesn't effect his 2nd half minutes because we will need them.

Jesus I cant listen to Yvonne Sampson dissect a game she is an absolute idiot.

I’ve gone straight to the cricket as soon as Yvonne come on, not only does she not offer anything as a host or analyst, she doesn’t even wear low cut gear

Api has to play 80mins, Fainu or even Api into the halves with Cade, nothing lateral until the back end of the second half, grind away to get within a try then play a little more.

Api has looked dangerous through the middle when he is sharp and probing and could be dangerous off second phase when fatigue kicks in.

If Des is not confident with Fainu lasting 40mins persist with Elgey for 10mins and hope we snag a try then get Elgey off for a 30min burst.

Walker to play more central pushing through the ruck off quick play the balls playing fast and direct, he is not going to receive quality ball out wide so go looking for it through the middle.
Same as last week. We getting turned on our backs and slow lazy play the balls. Won't be happening in this game. We look tired and outmuscled.

I wanted LG to improve. But his kicking game is just not to standard.

Cust or croker are they ones who will need to partner DCE.

These are the games we should be winning, yet we always seem to lose and only lift for the better teams. The mindset and energy are not there tonight.
Prove me wrong boys and get the win.

Both teams looking like teams that are missing their best players...

Atm Penrith are out enthusing us but if we strike early we could burst their bubble

All to play for but ordinary game overall thus far

Des needs to rip into them and get them to complete their sets with a good 5th tackle option.Last tackle kicks need to be placed better. Lucky it’s only 9 zip.

B
I've got to name and shame Kapow and AFB. When they are on they are the best props in the comp. But again this week they just aren't interested in running straight and hard and getting a quick play of the ball. We have two props who want to be the half back this week.

Lack of Effort and intensity since the kick off.

Not what I was expecting this week.
Because they feel the pressure to create due to a lack of quality and directness in the halves.

I can’t call them out for lack of effort, based on the way they have defended the tryline when Penrith are down there

There are putting in 100% defensively, but the attack is very stunted which is makes it become hesitant which looks like lack of effort, where it is more indecisive
EXACTLY! People massively underrate the importance of a half that can organise and get players in the right position on the field to attack. Cust and elgey are not first grade standard. Our forwards are trying to get fancy rather then run straight and hard to make up for our stunted attack.

Really would have hoped Walker, being the highest payed player out there might have a bit more of a go and take a leadership role. In fact, I’d be tempted to shift Walker back to right centre inside Garrick and shift Jorge to centre inside Miski so we might get some right side attack moving.

Des needs to rip into them and get them to complete their sets with a good 5th tackle option.Last tackle kicks need to be placed better. Lucky it’s only 9 zip.
Des needs to change up whatever plan they had.

Both halves have had a bludger of a first half. They need to get some structure happening and improve the bloody kicking game. We look like we did for the majority of last year - disorganised and leaderless. At least our defence is generally holding up.

Without Jake ,Siro and Thommo have to step up and lead the pack. They're not doing it at all. Waddell and Gosieski aren't capable. We'll get pumped in the 2nd half. This is just sh*thouse.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6