Penrith v Souths. [Grand final, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I couldn't see a thread on the final game of the season, so hopefully this will suffice.

In the 42nd minute, Panthers winger Brian To’o scored near the left corner post to extend Penrith’s lead to 10 points. However, Cleary attempted the following conversion kick approximately eight metres in from the touchline – nowhere near the vicinity of To’o’s try.

I seem to remember sCam doing that to us in a game...but ... nothing was made of it.

I mean I'm leaning towards wanting penrith to win because 'ugh' souths, but the riff are approaching storm status in the amount of, well let's just call it rule bending...nah ok cheating, that they do.

edit: It's also that the bunker will get involved in all sorts of b/s and we're told refs are continually watching all aspects of the game in the bunker to speed decisions up - yet not one in said bunker could say to sutton: "mate - he's lining up the kick 5 metres in from where the try was scored."

Last edited:
I don’t really care who wins but I really don’t want to listen to my younger brother, a vermin supporter; who strangely, for a “bunnies” supporter, he doesn’t sport a mullet, tats or poor dental work and/or missing teeth; rabbit on about ‘22 premierships” from now until forever, if the vermin get up.

So, maybe go the refs, to not f*ck up the game and for the whole thing to be called off.

Is this what I’ve become, without the Mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles playing?

It's a shame we won't be playing but it should be a good game. Looking forward to the Ivan v Wayne battle again. Personally hope Souffs can win it for Benji and Reynolds but my money would be on Penrith to win, their defence is next level

Don't really care who wins. Penrith have some players who I find a bit too smug and self-satisfied, but they've only ever won twice and never beaten us in a GF. On the other hand I dislike Souths owners and history, and their stupid fans who don't even remember why they are supposed to hate Manly. But I'd like to see them win for Walker. And a guy like Mark Nicholls - where did he even appear from?? Walker didn't even debut in NRL until he was aged 26, which shows how much the modern game prefers robotic Cronk-style playmakers, but I think his skills and vision are much better to watch.

I think the score could be quite different to their QF battle, a bit of a shoot-out, ending something like 30-20.

I love how the imbecile journalists try to imply that Cleary just decided himself where he would take the goal kick from. Morons trying to stir up other morons.

I recall the opposite happening to Manly back in a semi final against the Bulldogs in 2014. We scored about 10-12 meters in from touch and then there was a bit of a scuffle. Once the try was awarded the referees made Lyon take the conversion kick from right on the side line. He missed. We lost the game 18-17. Referees: Gerard Sutton and Ben Cummins. Media outrage: zero.

Riff by plenty. The vermin are totally over rated. We put 5 tries on them easily ( -2 to the bunker clowns). Shut their smug toothless faces up. Nothing I despise more than the bandwagon once a year if they actually do anything vermin supporters stick their ugly mugs up from their rabbit holes to start mouthing off.

Hopefully it's a full on high intensity nail biter. Something to keep me watching. No interest in who wins except for the team that deserves it more on the day.

In the 42nd minute, Panthers winger Brian To’o scored near the left corner post to extend Penrith’s lead to 10 points. However, Cleary attempted the following conversion kick approximately eight metres in from the touchline – nowhere near the vicinity of To’o’s try.

I seem to remember sCam doing that to us in a game...but ... nothing was made of it.

I mean I'm leaning towards wanting penrith to win because 'ugh' souths, but the riff are approaching storm status in the amount of, well let's just call it rule bending...nah ok cheating, that they do.

edit: It's also that the bunker will get involved in all sorts of b/s and we're told refs are continually watching all aspects of the game in the bunker to speed decisions up - yet not one in said bunker could say to sutton: "mate - he's lining up the kick 5 metres in from where the try was scored."
Hate it when the Refs makes the sign of the square,...and the Ref says..need to check blah blah blah !. Atmosphere killer !!

GF.jpg

You know the best part about Sunday I can't stand both teams but am supporting the panthers will never support souths in my life time.

So getting back to the best part about Sunday one of these has to lose and I would love to see Wayne end his time at souths in tears and sorry would be priceless.

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10