Perspective..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
the defensive woes down that side start with the Big O and DCE. That is where the problem lies. Harper is totally ineffective but the defensive issues start from inside. Not sure why and maybe there are not enough troops that side but Haumole is always far to wide inside of DCE. There is always a huge hole between he and DCE and Haumole is always going sideways. Slide defence is built on a strategy of moving up first, waiting till the ball leave the hands then slide onto the next man. Haumole is sliding straight away to cover up the gap. DCE is also very indecisive and was in the big games last year... not sure whether to come in, take the man in fronot or slide and then that brings our Haprer and Saab's indecision. The slide defence on that side is just plain not communicating and not doing what they are supposed to. Then add in that the markers and other forwards need to also slide inside and seem to always be clocking off until a break threatens and then they try to close the gap ala Keppie and the horse has bolted. Slide defence needs the entire team to be aware and all doing their job across the park. Given we can't suddenly change mid season to an up and in defence we need to get it ironed out... not sure how when DCE is pivotal in his misreads and when the inside forwards/markers either are not fit enough or just keep forgetting their responsibilities to cover off the inside gaps.
I noticed easts scored a couple after haumole makes a tackle, and he was still getting up when the ball was being played. He’s our best forward though.

Ennis mentioned it a cpl times last night. The thing is, he mentioned it early on, sort of like it’s a well known flaw in our defence. If the other coaches aren’t onto it already, they will be after last night. They need to get the communication going, and have everyone on the same page, and I think that starts with DCE.
yep and he was the crux of our problems at the end of last year... never sure which man to take creating havoc inside and out and the gap between he and the Big O you could drive 6 roadtrains through....every time there was a good 5 metres between them.. I kept thinking wtf... close that up

I noticed easts scored a couple after haumole makes a tackle, and he was still getting up when the ball was being played. He’s our best forward though.
yes indeed - he was our best agreed totally but not sure if he is fit enough. But again that says a lot that our best and yes he was good but our best was caught out at marker and in the slide defence a number of times. Sort of says how badly we are going that he was indeed our best but if you assess his whole game he was far from perfect. He was good - Walker was good - Davey was.. well Davey all heart and effort - Paseka was absolutely a beast despite the errors and also the fact that he goes into lamb instead of beast mode way to often but his carries were damaging - Keppie's front on defence was brutal.. lateral defence as usual terrible and Jake was well Jake.. again all heart. The rest you wouldn't give a cup of cold water for.

the defensive woes down that side start with the Big O and DCE. That is where the problem lies. Harper is totally ineffective but the defensive issues start from inside. Not sure why and maybe there are not enough troops that side but Haumole is always far to wide inside of DCE. There is always a huge hole between he and DCE and Haumole is always going sideways. Slide defence is built on a strategy of moving up first, waiting till the ball leaves the hands then slide onto the next man. Haumole is sliding straight away to cover up the gap. DCE is also very indecisive and was in the big games last year... not sure whether to come in, take the man in front or slide and then that brings out Harper and Saab's indecision. The slide defence on that side is just plain not communicating and not doing what they are supposed to. Then add in that the markers and other forwards need to also slide inside and seem to always be clocking off until a break threatens and then they try to close the gap ala Keppie and the horse has bolted. Slide defence needs the entire team to be aware and all doing their job across the park. Given we can't suddenly change mid season to an up and in defence we need to get it ironed out... not sure how when DCE is pivotal in his misreads and when the inside forwards/markers either are not fit enough or just keep forgetting their responsibilities to cover off the inside gaps.
Totally agree @Brisbane Tragic. I though O needed a spell last night late in the first. He looked gassed from all the attack he was forced to do. You are right it’s that entire side defensively that’s struggled.

Totally agree @Brisbane Tragic. I though O needed a spell last night late in the first. He looked gassed from all the attack he was forced to do. You are right it’s that entire side defensively that’s struggled.
He was doing a heap of work but yes that huge gap between he and DCE on every play that side.... no idea just what that is all about. If the Big O was quicker - maybe I can understand but I am guessing there are not enough troops on that side so he is caught between trying to close in around the ruck and then having to move out to close the gap to DCE. Slide defence is impossible to sustain unless everyone is on the same page. Everyone thinks the outside defenders are the key ie DCE and Harper but the inside defenders are the real key because if the forwards from marker and even from the other side of the field don't slide - then there are holes on the inside and the defence breaks down. In this case though Harper has been made to look bad because of the schmozzle inside with the forwards then the Big O and DCE.

Perspective: Head to head, next week has Manly at 1.28, and the Dogs at 3.75.
Get on those Dogs boys and girls. Sure fire win imo, particularly if you take them
as part of a multi. There isn't a Manly win on the horizon, that much I'm sure about.

Manly 13+.

Let’s meet back on Sunday night 😜

NooOooOoOoooooo ! @:D
Manly have been good to me this year, they are a sure fire win (betting wise) !
Don't be jinxing me hahahaha

Was gonna put a green back on The Dogs, now you've got me second guessing and might just make it a bluey.

You don't think they had some better moments as a team in the second half? Or are you just another of the whinging Wendy's who dominate the site these days?
Superiority complex much?

Shock horror that footy fans are disappointed after waiting 5 months in anticipation of a promising season, to see their team in action, only for them to be completely off the pace...I can understand the frustration and disappointment and people are expressing that.

Both Panfers and Rooters had done their homework on our slow lethargic looking sweeping backline plays.

They simply won’t work when we are being dominated in the ruck.
So true...

I cringe at the approach we've taken to attack in the first two weeks. Of course, there is no platform so the attack looks clunky and disorganised...but I wish they'd play direct in these circumstances...it's a much better approach when the forwards are struggling. Throwing it wide for the sake of it, just creates more problems.

So true...

I cringe at the approach we've taken to attack in the first two weeks. Of course, there is no platform so the attack looks clunky and disorganised...but I wish they'd play direct in these circumstances...it's a much better approach when the forwards are struggling. Throwing it wide for the sake of it, just creates more problems.

Or DCE's first thought is to crab across field like a duck on a shooting gallery.

Or DCE's first thought is to crab across field like a duck on a shooting gallery.
Yeah he really struggles when the side is back pedalling...he needs to stay composed...he's our Captain for christ sake. I can't knock his effort, he tries so hard but he needs to play smart...there is such a thing as trying too hard.

Yeah he really struggles when the side is back pedalling...he needs to stay composed...he's our Captain for christ sake. I can't knock his effort, he tries so hard but he needs to play smart...there is such a thing as trying too hard.

Good point. But that's what I liked out of Weekes and Humphries. They ran direct in the trials and we looked to have way more roll and momentum. It honestly makes me not want us to extend DCE. Schuster, and one of Weekes / Humphries are our future now.

Good point. But that's what I liked out of Weekes and Humphries. They ran direct in the trials and we looked to have way more roll and momentum. It honestly makes me not want us to extend DCE. Schuster, and one of Weekes / Humphries are our future now.
Yeah, I am inclined to agree. Daly has given great service and put his body on the line many times. He still has a bit to offer but I think he lacks the composure to get us another premiership. He'll have some really good games this year, no doubt...but they'll probably happen when we thrash the likes of the Cowboys and Tigers.

Yeah, I am inclined to agree. Daly has given great service and put his body on the line many times. He still has a bit to offer but I think he lacks the composure to get us another premiership. He'll have some really good games this year, no doubt...but they'll probably happen when we thrash the likes of the Cowboys and Tigers.

Not sure we trash anyone this year mate. We'll be bottom 2-3.

I honestly think it would be perfect for all parties (it will re-envigorate his career) if he went to Redcliff with Bennett. And I guarantee he won't be crabbing under that coach.

Superiority complex much?

Shock horror that footy fans are disappointed after waiting 5 months in anticipation of a promising season, to see their team in action, only for them to be completely off the pace...I can understand the frustration and disappointment and people are expressing that.
Still bitter this morning I see. Darl, my age would suggest I've been a fan of this team way longer than you have. My guess is based on the fact that you used to get all your 'insider info' from your Mum and Dad who were sponsors of some sort. I'm also guessing that they are no longer involved because you don't have any insight anymore, just constant whinging.
My years of supporting this team tell me there are ups and downs in a game, a season, a decade.
The point of supporting a team is not to relieve five months of misery by cheering on a win from a bunch of blokes who play footy for a living. The point is that they are your team with your colours that you ride the highs and lows with year in and year out. Yes a loss is disappointing, but the pile on savaging of a bunch of players who seem to be doing their best is really driving me crazy. The bad stuff in people's lives should be relieved in their actual lives, not by what a footy team does. It's a game.
Step one: get a life
Step two: support your team through thick and thin.
That'll be it for the rant.

Still bitter this morning I see. Darl, my age would suggest I've been a fan of this team way longer than you have. My guess is based on the fact that you used to get all your 'insider info' from your Mum and Dad who were sponsors of some sort. I'm also guessing that they are no longer involved because you don't have any insight anymore, just constant whinging.
My years of supporting this team tell me there are ups and downs in a game, a season, a decade.
The point of supporting a team is not to relieve five months of misery by cheering on a win from a bunch of blokes who play footy for a living. The point is that they are your team with your colours that you ride the highs and lows with year in and year out. Yes a loss is disappointing, but the pile on savaging of a bunch of players who seem to be doing their best is really driving me crazy. The bad stuff in people's lives should be relieved in their actual lives, not by what a footy team does. It's a game.
boring...zzzz

Disagree. This is peoples hobby and passion. They live and breathe this team. They ride highs, they ride lows. They celebrate when we are winning. They lament when we are losing. That's human nature. They will then use a platform like this to express those highs and low's (which, mind you, is what this is designed for all along).

Right now, the team is in a very rough spot (leaking 27 points on average per game against) in our last 5, getting flogging after flogging, yet not learning, adapting, changing, improving week-to-week. It's just the same system, same style, same mistakes, and the results aren't changing.

Who WOULDN'T be disappointed, frustrated, angry, upset. You know, with some people (me included), a win or loss sets up the vibe for an entire week ! hahaha.

This is a perfect place to come, to vent, potentially get some "empathy". Like minded people, sharing the same frustrations / disappointments. Some who may think otherwise (like yourself). But to tell them to get a life because they support differently to you....that's a little much, come on now.

Secondly, they are here, discussing the team, with fellow fans, so they ARE supporting the team, like right now, at a very low point. The people you need to be worried about are the fans not so ironed on, who will lose interest at the continued poor performances. The one's who won't dip into their pockets year on year. The one's who won't turn up to games. Not the ladies and gentlemen here, who are distraught about our woeful performance.

The sweeping backline plays from last year are the highlights reel. The team seems to have forgotten that those plays worked so well only on the back of a lot of hard work up the middle. Often we blitzed teams in the last 20 min of each half, only because of the tough stuff in the first periods.

There was a lot of hard inside running to compress the defence before going wide.

This year we seem to be employing the sweep play with Jake as link man on the first few sets of 6 in bad field position.

Jake is not effective when the defence knows he will definitely pass out the back. He needs to run hard early and get the defence interested. Right now they know what is coming and comfortably number up and get in the faces of our attackers.

Why can we all see this and the team seemingly can’t?

Not sure we trash anyone this year mate. We'll be bottom 2-3.

I honestly think it would be perfect for all parties (it will re-envigorate his career) if he went to Redcliff with Bennett. And I guarantee he won't be crabbing under that coach.

Mate we won’t be finishing bottom 2-3, but there does need to be a huge shift in attitude and commitment across the park. There is a real lack of trust in each other defensively at the moment, particularly on our right edge.

Mate we won’t be finishing bottom 2-3, but there does need to be a huge shift in attitude and commitment across the park. There is a real lack of trust in each other defensively at the moment, particularly on our right edge.

Who do you have us beating or bettering right now? There isn't a team we'd beat at present. In fact, apart from SG Ball, our club hasn't won one game in any other grade.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10