Peter Peters in SMH article about Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I must admit I was surprised when I read the piece. Perhaps it's the cynic in me but I always look for hidden agendas of people making statements. I assume Desi is a little unpopular with some sections of the Eagles fraternity so I am guessing Zorba may have been pissing someone off really bad in the Eagles camp by saying this. These people are probably enemies of Zorba as well.

What I find most dissappointing is that zorba & ha$$ler have both managed to destroy their legacy at Manly for no apparent good reason. Just very very sad.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Zorba spilt blood for the maroon and white and he was a team member of a winning Grand final Sea eagles team. Have some respect feathered friends .Every man and his dog hates us (Manly ) Let us not hate each other as well.

BOZO said:
Zorba spilt blood for the maroon and white and he was a team member of a winning Grand final Sea eagles team. Have some respect feathered friends .Every man and his dog hates us (Manly ) Let us not hate each other as well.

T rex is also a member of a grand final winning side and Des is a member of half our wins.

BOZO said:

And he's been dining out on it ever since Boze.

Even Des thought Zorba was rubbish as a media manager.;)

Phantar said:
BOZO said:

And he's been dining out on it ever since Boze.

Even Des thought Zorba was rubbish as a media manager.;)
Yes mate Des did think that but he still loved him :D

Whilst Zorba is on the nose with certain people at Manly, the long-term players are very loyal to him. As a Rugby League journalist, surely he is entitled to write good stories that are not blindly parochial. As much as I hate the way that Des left the club, the morons on the inside that laid the ground for the events that happened, don't ever seen to have answered for their folly.

There was a LOT of morons CW, but lets move on as there's plenty of blame across all circles. Sadly Zorba hasn't ingratiated himself since his departure and he has burned many bridges. No doubting he'd still be popular with senior players , after all he was their mentor for many years but I think for everyone it's time to move on

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8