Peter Peters stood down!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: On Twitter-Peter Peters stood down!!

jjai said:
Ceagle said:
Am I the only one who is glad that we have got rid of him?

nah mate your not, just makes our image look bad on top of the week we already had, i never liked him much..

They'll do what ever it takes to get brisbane a win on sunday.< whats that mean it`s not like peters does anything for the team? We already knew about the others (snake & foran) getting a week darcy 3 & glen wont be playing either , Its the players we needed not Peter peters

I was referring to the fact they seem to be trying to destabilise the club in all areas.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-official-peter-peters-stood-down-after-good-sort-gaffe-involving-sky-news-reporter-megan-barnard/story-e6frexnr-1226127104649

What more can happen :-/ he will get off, it will all blow over. Our management will let it go through to the keeper.

i think the younger set and the rest of us over 40's will have to agree to disagree with Zorba gone.
For mine, I love the bloke. He is old school and has passion and loyalty for the Manly club that they should bottle. A sad day if this man has to leave his post because of that comment.

I love zorba and yesterday i was complaining about his media managment but i still think there is a place for him in the organisation but just not as media manager. Reason being is that he is an old school tell it as he sees it kind of guy but unfortunately in this age of gutter journalism and write before you check facts journos, he cant handle the media anymore. Look he is a club legend and his nephew owns the club im sure he will be around for years to come in some other capacity, maybe as logistics manager or something. Cheers zorb and honestly thanks for everything you have done for our club. Never was there a Purer Manly Man (Other than Arko)

I hope he gets a different job,he has needed a different job for a long time,love your work Zorba

Since when has "Stood down" mean "Sacked"?

Stupid thing to say at that point in time. There were a lot of people calling for Zorba's head earlier in the year for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, it seems he has done it again.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Ceagle said:

I have a fair bit to do with Zorb, he's old fashioned, and a throw back to the 70's BUT you cannot say he's nothing but 150% Sea Eagles...he lives and breaths the club, the players and the fans.

No one doubts that, but it's not the 1970's anymore. The game has moved on and unfortunately for Zorba he has been left behind a little. We need more professionalism in his role. I'm sure there will be something for him to do moving forward, but media management shouldn't be one of his roles, there are too many conflicts of interest with his newspaper/radio and webpage activities outside of his club duties. The line between his opinion and the clubs opinion is too easily blurred in my opinion.

Chip and Chase said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Ceagle said:

I have a fair bit to do with Zorb, he's old fashioned, and a throw back to the 70's BUT you cannot say he's nothing but 150% Sea Eagles...he lives and breaths the club, the players and the fans.

No one doubts that, but it's not the 1970's anymore. The game has moved on and unfortunately for Zorba he has been left behind a little. We need more professionalism in his role. I'm sure there will be something for him to do moving forward, but media management shouldn't be one of his roles, there are too many conflicts of interest with his newspaper/radio and webpage activities outside of his club duties. The line between his opinion and the clubs opinion is too easily blurred in my opinion.

Hit the nail on the head.

Peter has been a loyal Manly man for 30 odd years and if part of the fabric of the club and for my two cents I think he deserves a fair go.

Pete deserves much better. We all agree this is a nothing story given too much oxygen in this dictator state the NRL run and now we as a club as even reacting to it such is the paranoia around. Chin up Zorba

i agree a storm in a b cup , not much wrong in what zorba said but just bad timing with the eagles under the spot light , mind you Renee Gartner would be a good look around the manly camp .....

The Eagle said:
What's the odds on a woman taking the job now?

My bet is woman @$1.01 and man at about $640,000.00

Renea Garnter.

I don't mind Zorba but I think its a job where he doesn't perhaps have the best skills for this century. The wierd thing is, he's done a pretty decent job this year with guys like Foran & DCE getting plenty of positive press and opportunities to speak ... however, thinking about it a bit more, to be honest. Unless we are working at the Sea Eagles we really don't know what he does and how well he does it on a day by day basis. He might be brilliant or terrible. We really don't know.

Anyone consider how Megan actually feels? was she offended or does Megan herself not give a **** and is embarrassed over all this attention, as I'm sure she'd like to rise to the top in the sports journo world on her merits not her blonde bombshell look, oops I better not say that....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6