Peter Peters stood down!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This week has been an absolute joke.....its not like he flashed his meat and veg FFS. The girl is a good sort and should be looked as a compliment.

Maybe if he said Bec Wilson was a good sort he should be given a slap but this is plain ludicrous.

I feel sorry for you Zorba...

Pride said:
This week has been an absolute joke.....its not like he flashed his meat and veg FFS. The girl is a good sort and should be looked as a compliment.

Maybe if he said Bec Wilson was a good sort he should be given a slap but this is plain ludicrous.

I feel sorry for you Zorba...

dont ever use Good sort and that slag in the same sentence again

Fm dead - rugby league is turning into a puffs sport full of ballerinas and cross dressing make up wearing heshe's.

Man up Australia!

Well looks like David Perry has had enough of the increasingly amateur antics of our media manager and is showing some leadership.

Sure Zorba's comments were innocuous, but the point is the young lady was asking a question in a professional capacity, and our increasingly obsolete media manager said the wrong thing - on top of a series of stupid things said by various people, associated with the Club, in recent days.

I expect Peters will keep his job for now, bit late in the season to dig up a replacement. However I wouldn't be surprised if Perry will be keen to explore other options, longer term. Zorba must be 63-64 years old by now, almost time at legal retirement age anyway.

Leanne West would be an excellent choice. Female, professional, and a Manly fan.

Zorba will be back when this all blows over. It's just another classic manly smokescreen. Il bet you he'l be back for the gf with Gifty. Lol.

Shoe1 said:
Stood down doesn't mean sacked fellas!

That's basically what I said earlier in this thread when I asked:

Since when has "Stood down" mean "Sacked"?

No damage done fellas, Zorba will be back.

I would not have made the same remark, but its crazy talk to suggest that anything more than an apology is required.

I think that he will be back for the first semi.

Put your feet up for the Broncos game and save your legs flying up to Brisbane.

RE: On Twitter-Peter Peters stood down!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
he's old fashioned, and a throw back to the 70's BUT you cannot say he's nothing but 150% Sea Eagles...he lives and breaths the club, the players and the fans.

Yea, I like him.
He has been friendly and glad to reply to a greeting when I have seen or said hello to him, often tosses around a smile @ Brookie, and so Maroon & White.

Sad to hear of this PC-gone-mad crap as a blemish on him.

Typically we hear character assasination and spin in media interviews - barefaced lying that insults our intelligence. Yet someone is stood down for telling a reporter that they are a good sort? Which is somehow more offensive than all the vile media misrepresentations we are subject to. I find humans to be illogical and irrational.

My favourite thing about zorba is how often he uses "ironically" in articles. He usually means "interestingly" or "coincidentally", but he goes with "ironically" every time.

Sorry Zorb but self-appointed positions these days are like cronyisms - they just don't stand up to tertiary-educated credentials.

The time of the volunteer just doing the Publicity Officer's job is gone, since the PO is now a well-paid Media Manager.

Get a younger guy or girl who can speak well, interview well and well represent our Club.
I'm sure there are still Gear Steward positions that are paid. Stick him in one of those!

Does this mean Zorba's mates have to pay to get into our home games now?

Regardless, right decision. Time to find another job for him. Please.

patorick2010 said:
Does this mean Zorba's mates have to pay to get into our home games now?

Regardless, right decision. Time to find another job for him. Please.

Why should a club legend have to pay for his mates tickets? Most home games get a gate of about 12k unless we're going great guns (Last week) or playing against someone with a big following (Rabbits)

The bigger the crowd the bigger the home team advantage

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6