Petition to try and Save our Fortress.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Signed too.

470 of 500 signatures

It's up to 503 of 600 signatures now

Update:

533 of 600 signatures now

I've signed 4 petitions for upgrades etc, 1 at least 20 years ago. Club is in wrong electorate. You would need 100 thousand signatures as the others did zip.

Maybe we should do what Parra did at Cumberland and burn it down? That got them a new stadium. They probably would send us to Rat Park.

Darren said:
Maybe we should do what Parra did at Cumberland and burn it down? That got them a new stadium. They probably would send us to Rat Park.

From memory, I'm pretty sure that the deal had already been done for their new stadium prior to the burn down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

Okay, I stand corrected. Following a quick research online it would appear that you are correct and that's what got them their stadium.

If Brookie burned down then I really couldn't see the NSW Government stepping in to do the same for us as they did for them.

Darren said:

Unfortunately Parra had a big advantage in burning down their oval as it was full of dead wood. Much like their present team.

Brookie's stands are concrete which is a lot harder to keep burning.

just signed.....585

Special note to those people not in the manly area...the fact they ask for your post code on the petition, would show you are from possibly from a marginal seat ???? show them its not just the locals , but people from outside the area that also vote come election time, and will take this issue into cosideration.....

eelcatcher said:
Signed, 596 out of 600

Signed as well.

Sorry, but if folks think Phony Tony will do anything to save Brookvale Oval then they are deluded. In this coming months, he'll be far to busy cutting public sector jobs, cutting education funding and health services and removing the great big, scary carbon tax.

simon_eagle said:
eelcatcher said:
Signed, 596 out of 600

Signed as well.

Sorry, but if folks think Phony Tony will do anything to save Brookvale Oval then they are deluded. In this coming months, he'll be far to busy cutting public sector jobs, cutting education funding and health services and removing the great big, scary carbon tax.

Thanks Julia. Or is it Wayne, or Anthony?

'In this (sic) coming months' he will still be in opposition, so he has no say on those issues until September. And if you think Labor haven't been 'cutting public sector jobs - to try and meet that illusory surplus and pay for their waste elsewhere, then you are deluded.

Seriously if you think a man who looks like leading the Coalition to a victory in September, possibly a landslide based on the polling, won't have enough political capital within his own caucus to direct his Treasurer to direct $10-12 million Brookvale's way, then you are very wet behind the years. And presumably devoid of any strategic thought processes.

Ha ha ha okay, young boy. I'll bookmark this thread and will quite happily bring it to your attention, say this time next year? By then I would fully expect plans to be in place and federal funding commissioned for the project.

No public sector jobs have been cut by Federal Labor, and if you can show me statistics that prove otherwise then I'd very much like to see them.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6