Petition to try and Save our Fortress.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have done several petitions and it has always gone nowhere!! I have signed at least three and I'm sick of talking about it. 800 signatures sums it up! It's embarrasing to quote that number. Here you are Tony, there's 1233 signatures. That will make him jump!

We are stuck at Brookie in a 70's timewarp of an oval! full stop! We can't ever get proper funding and you can't blame them. We haven't got the numbers to make a stand.

Darren said:
We have done several petitions and it has always gone nowhere!! I have signed at least three and I'm sick of talking about it. 800 signatures sums it up! It's embarrasing to quote that number. Here you are Tony, there's 1233 signatures. That will make him jump!

We are stuck at Brookie in a 70's timewarp of an oval! full stop! We can't ever get proper funding and you can't blame them. We haven't got the numbers to make a stand.

Darren WELL SAID!!!! :D
I have to agree but where are all Manly fans and why isn't this sinking in???? We get more than 800 people at a game so why are we at a stand still.....? EVERYONE should be signing and passing it on to the next person, man, woman and child. The trouble is that everyone thinks that "I won't make a difference" BUT YOU WILL!!!!!! C'mon Manly fans, we all bleed Maroon and White so lets make them sit up and see that we love our Brookie and we mean business!!! COME ON!!!!! :D

We need a dedicated Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles App. Something formal that drives far-and-wide the involvement of our fans, instead of relying on piecemeal pushes from our more dedicated supporters.

Hamster Huey said:
We need a dedicated Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles App. Something formal that drives far-and-wide the involvement of our fans, instead of relying on piecemeal pushes from our more dedicated supporters.
Not bad HH.
@[Larissa]
@[Daniel]
??

Darren said:
800-1500 signatures is what's to be expected. There is so much apathy or couldn't be bothered in our culture. Can this change?

If this was Souffs crew on board they would get 50,000 signatures!! That march they did against being kicked out was amazing! Even the stupid Bears have a big fan base at the Coast and they don't even have a team.

Correct, they couldn't produce enough paper for all those Souths supporters signing petitions to stay at Redfern or the SFS ...

Larissa said:
We have a dedicated Sea Eagles App :)
Don't mind me, I don't even know what an app is :D
I do have a reasonably bright phone these days (xperia), so I might have to get my first app to find out.. :idea:

Hamster Huey said:

Larissa said:
We have a dedicated Sea Eagles App :)

Then we need a better way of getting it out there.

HH didn't even know we had one, neither did I.

Clicking on the manly site I couldn't even see a 'download our app' here button.

Could be there, just isn't obvious.

Actually I just found it under the 'news and videos' section.

It's no good just providing water for our fine club, we somehow need to lead us horses to it.

Suggestions on a postcard.

(Not having a go at the hardworking peeps at Manly, love all their work, but we should all strive to do better) - case in point, I retyped that last sentence as it contained a double negative!

Party on nerds! :heart:

Kiwi Eagle said:
It isn't that hard to visit the app store and type in Manly Sea Eagles ;)

Ahhhhhhh, so that's how it works then!

btw.... I signed a few days ago so colour me a true supporter.

captainskin said:
signed and passed it on, and they have signed... and hopefully passed it on.

That's the Manly Spirit :D Keep this alive people pass it on to everyone and urge them to continue it..... C'mon :D

ManlyArmy said:
Hi all,

There has been a petition created to try and save Brookvale Oval. The petition is aimed at saving our Fortress and seeing how many people will get behind the idea before we go any further. More details on the petition info.

Link: http://www.communityrun.org/petitions/save-our-fortress-brookvale-oval

If you want to say something bad, please try and refrain yourself. If you want to help please sign this petition.

WHERE ARE ALL OUR DIEHARD MANLY FANS????? Are you seriously telling me that there is only 682 of us!!!!!! That's how many have signed this petition! We have to act now, not when its all too late and then we all come out of the woodwork complaining...... C'mon people keep this alive, we will only have ourselves to blame if we don't continue on! PLEASE! Pass this on to everyone before its too late :huh:

The petition has stagnated at 682 of 800 signatures since Friday. Not a good look.
aug08_022.gif

Not even one thousand? Hope League Unlimited don't hear about this! What would Jace say? :dodgy::p

Why are you so surprised about the lack of support? It's been this way for a long time. Don't worry, in the end Abbott will help us out. We will get some funds.

I started a paper petition maybe 3-4 years ago, and we got circa 10,000 signatures on it. We had people at games. We had various clubs advertise it etc. A lot of you helped out as well.

My wife presented the club with the document, after I created a book out of it, and laminated it etc.

I know the club, along with officials of the NRL presented the petition to the then state leader Morris Iemma, and 10 mill combined state and local monetary support was offered.

Larissa, does the club still have this document? Could that not be used as a spring board to raise awareness, and a copy provided to the powers that be?

Also, I have an E-mail, prior to Barry O'Farrell coming into power, stating how disgusting it was that the labor government had done nothing with the old girl. He mentioned how "on board" he was with the request for support. Then the bloke got into power, and he went completely quiet, and would not return any correspondence. It all became to hard for him when he could actually do something about it. I DO see him at NRL functions, riding off the coat tails of the NRL to get recognition. This showed me how non-transparent and misleading these politicians are. And they are all the same.

Abbott is probably tarnished with the same brush. Look at his own electorate's infrastructure and investment for you to get an idea of hoe much "support" he can muster for Brooky. If his own electorate is anything to go by, Abbott, just like O'Farrell will drop you all faster than a lead weight as soon as he gets anywhere near power.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4