PLayer exits

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
manlyborn said:
I've long since learnt that we do things for others because we want to see them happy and successful, whether they are a best friend or favourite sporting identity. That said...they owe us nothing in return, personally I hope Brett feels a sense of camaraderie at the club, cause imo that's what makes a great player even greater..

That my friend is awesome !

I think you'll find he'll sign a "short term" contract to match up with Glen, and then try for a big "take us both deal" to the highest bidder mid 2014.

Just business these days, regardless of whatever is said above about loyalty etc etc.

The days of players staying with one club from goa to whoa will almost be non existant in the years to come

I'd like to think we can match any offers for the two of them. We took the two of them at the start of their careers and persisted with them both when other clubs only wanted Brett. You would like to think that counted for something.

I'd like us to be in position to get him a decent 3rd party deal. It makes me so angry that he struggles to get endorsements he deserves because of the ****en lies wilson, kent and massoud wrote about him 09. The guy is an amazing role model.

I hear they are reporting on Fox News that he's a Dragon in 2013...personally I'll beleive that when I see it. The players were pretty "tight" in Leeds, and the relationship with 2V was clear to see, so long as the dollars are ok....fingers crossed

If Brett goes next year then Glen will probably follow the year after. My guess is we will not be able to afford to keep the Stewarts,Foran and Lussick but we should hang onto the rest. It will mean finding another 5/8th,fullback and lock.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I hear they are reporting on Fox News that he's a Dragon in 2013...personally I'll beleive that when I see it. The players were pretty "tight" in Leeds, and the relationship with 2V was clear to see, so long as the dollars are ok....fingers crossed

If true, which I doubt, then that is disappointing. He's been one of our marquee signings for years now,and paid accordingly.
So unless the Dragons are offering him a fortune, which I doubt considering his injuries, Brett is switching sides out of spite, a fallout over Hasler and Peters.

Cambo said:
I'd like us to be in position to get him a decent 3rd party deal. It makes me so angry that he struggles to get endorsements he deserves because of the ****en lies wilson, kent and massoud wrote about him 09. The guy is an amazing role model.

Cambo, we can't do this, it counts towards the cap if we find him the 3rd party deal

If Brett leaves I will be shattered but I personally think it means we will keep Foran and DCE so have to look on the bright side.

The big dissapointment for me is that Brett would have ranked alongside the Randalls/Eadies/Fultons and co if he had stayed and played out his career

Daniel said:
Cambo said:

Cambo, we can't do this, it counts towards the cap if we find him the 3rd party deal
I probably should of cleared it up with endorsements etc. look at the **** Marshall and co get.

My fear about exits is the club stated prior to the WCC that they hoped to have DCE and Foran signed and sealed before round one. They are not. What's the holdup?

I don't believe the impending cap rise is the issue - wasn't for Dugan, Wallace, Zillman etc.

The mail is :

Foran could be sorted soon. The Dogs have only just made him an offer.

DCE's manager is allegedly waiting to see what Cronk does before he starts negotiating contracts.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
The mail is :

Foran could be sorted soon. The Dogs have only just made him an offer.

DCE's manager is allegedly waiting to see what Cronk does before he starts negotiating contracts.
Do u have any news about Brett.

As for cronk I have to say of the so called big 3 he is the most underrated.

Everyone jizzed about slaters first try but Chris bailey could of scored that. Cronks pass was sublime and IMO it was his try.

I have no mail on the Stewarts or Lussick. Wouldnt see how they could Brett under the cap if they are confident of resigning Foran, DCE and Lussick.

Thanks for the updates Ernie. Not sure about others, but i think they will let Lussick go to increase offers to Foz, DCE and snake.

Nothing against Lussick but, i just feel this is how the club will go.

[attachment=296]

It seems the club website is confident of DCE and Foz staying with them both being the face of Manly as well as the NRL.

Contract negotiations take time and we dont need any get out clauses in anyone elses contract.

dowdz said:
Thanks for the updates Ernie. Not sure about others, but i think they will let Lussick go to increase offers to Foz, DCE and snake.

Nothing against Lussick but, i just feel this is how the club will go.
I could live with that outcome.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8