Player Ratings - Rd.1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I wasn't going to do this, but decided to anyway.

Not a good start to the season. Not good at all.

Dylan Walker 4/10 - With the ball in hand he wasn't too bad. But a fullback he is not and it proved with his defensive positioning yesterday.

Jason Saab 6/10 - Started off with some timid tackling, but other than one dropped ball I thought the Volvo was pretty solid and was our best behind Davey.

Brad Parker 1/10 - Normally he is strong defensively, but even that was pretty woeful from him yesterday. And his lack of any sort of pace was well and truly exposed.

Moses Suli 4/10 - Wasn't too bad I guess, but it would be nice if he actually passed the ball once in a while. I've never seen a centre die with the ball as much as Suli does.

Reuben Garrick 1/10 - Other than his try in which all he had to do catch and run unopposed for 8 metres, he had arguably the worst display on a first grade wing I have ever seen. Brett Morris literally took him to school and dropped him off.

Kieran Foran 4/10 - Ball in hand, the skills are intact. But defensively got targeted big time and missed quite a number of telling tackles.

Daly Cherry-Evans 2/10 - Worst game I have seen from DCE. Kicking was off, couldn't handle the ball and his normally solid defense deserted him. Hasn't played since Origin and it showed how underdone he is right now.

Josh Aloiai 5/10 - When on the field I thought he was good. But spent far too much time on the bench and by the time he and Marty returned to the field, the horse, or in this case the Chooks, had well and truly bolted.

Lachlan Croker 2/10 - His dummy half passing was good, if slow. But his defense at hooker well and truly sucked the big one. Was gassed after 20, but we had no one to relieve him.

Martin Taupau 4/10 - Solid when on the field, but like Aloiai spent far too much time resting on the bench when we needed him to shore up the middle.

Jack Gosiewski 2/10 - Other than his good pass to Garrick for our only try, Jetski looked all at sea yesterday. His defense for a back rower isn't the best is it.

Curtis Sironen 4/10 - Didn't really do a whole lot wrong yesterday, but then didn't get much chance to do anything either.

Jake Trbojevic 3/10 - Solid defense as per usual, but takes an age to get off players. Looked a bit lost in attack with both Walker and Foran taking the first receiver role which saw Jake playing more like an extra hit up prop, but boy does he need to put some oomph into his runs.

Tevita Funa 2/10 - Got about 5 minutes on the field so can't really be blamed for much of anything. Truth be told he should take Garrick's wing next week.

Andrew Davey 7/10 - A shining light in a very dark Manly room yesterday. At this stage I think Des should maybe look at starting him in the back row.

Morgan Boyle 4/10 - Didn't do a whole lot wrong out there, but in reality he is too slow under the new faster rules.

Taniela Paseka 5/10 - Was OK, but still needs a lot more mongrel in his game. He could be anything if he can ever shake the gentle giant tag.

TBH I don't think much more needs to be said that hasn't been said in multiple threads since the ref blew full time yesterday. It would be obvious even to Stevie Wonder that we need some major work. We have Souffs next week and unless we suddenly have a major improvement in form, it could well be another blood bath. The worst part was take out Tedesco and Brett Morris and the Chooks weren't great yesterday, we were just pathetic.

If we make any changes to next weeks side ... Funa should be on Garrick's wing, Walker to centre in place of Parker, Harper in to play fullback and Schuster on the bench as the #14. But we'll have to wait and see.

If we make any changes to next weeks side ... Funa should be on Garrick's wing, Walker to centre in place of Parker, Harper in to play fullback and Schuster on the bench as the #14. But we'll have to wait and see.
Agreed.. If des isn't going to change the 17 at very least I'd have paseka and Davey starting over aloai and jetski... might work better for team dynamics

Thought Walker went ok was one of the better players .
Fullback these days is so much more , He tried to get the team going getting involved a lot but Definitely a better centre and should be playing there

Can’t we ask the NRL for a 30 point start next week ??

Then it’ll only be 56-30 and won’t look as bad .

From the games I have watched so far the Roosters would have easily beaten most other teams based upon yesterday’s form. Their backs were white hot!
We let ourselves down by some silly errors and allowing the Roosters to offload too easily putting us on the back foot and exposing our left side goal line defence. From what I could see most tries came off the back off running us down the field from initial 2nd phase play or simple one on one tackle misses putting us on the back foot.

I may be mistaken but I thought Jetski got hurt midway through the first half. Up until then I thought he was going well; much better than Sir Loin anyway.
I'd drop Sir Loin for Davy, put Jetski on the bench as a utility for Guaca, and bring The Shoe in as a lock. It would be a big ask for The Shoe but he must be given his chance. Foran was my pick yesterday. He was one of the few with any spark so he should retain his place.
I've said my bit about our outside backs, with Saab being the only one I'd retain.

Mitchell is on fire. Johnstone is lightning. They are close to Tedesco /Morris in terms of attack.

They will come for our edges early and often, especially given their dearth of front row stocks minus Burgess.Walker roams both sides, and the 7 has a great long pass. They will feast on us out wide. Walker is a class above Lam so I think it may be 50 on a dry track with us picking same 17.

Plans are irrelevant when you pick a centre with no pace who back peddles as first instinct and a winger who is totally out of his depth.

For the first time in my life I think rain could help us.

Last edited:
Okay so three of our new signings win the 1,2,3. Well I guess they havent really got that beaches mindset yet.
As yes, we know some of you or friends have voted for yourselves. There is no explanation why some of you picked up even 1 vote.

Thought Walker went ok was one of the better players .
Fullback these days is so much more , He tried to get the team going getting involved a lot but Definitely a better centre and should be playing there

No argument he was one of our better players. But given the final score, as the fullback I think its fair to say the defensive side of his game outweighed his attack, hence the 4/10 instead of a 5 or 6.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8