Player swap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Read something a few days ago regarding Dean Whare not happy at the Panthers!!!! I'd have him back at a pinch. With the reality that some of our senior backs are set to retire it would make sense to chase him?

Tom T
Taufua
Whare
Walker
Lavaka??
Koroisau
DCE
Jake T
Parcell
AFB
Taupau
Symonds
Buhrer

Res:
Vave
Brown
Lussick
Knight

Just a thought................

Is that kind of like hoping for the same for Buhrer? It just may note possible anymore. Some guys body's break down more often and that's that.

Once he gets motoring there aren't many in the NRL who are faster than Tommy. There are some, but not many. However, you're correct about his speed off the mark. Its that lack of explosive acceleration that actually cost him the try against the Cowboys in Townsville last year. He took off and even JT had him done over the first 10 which led to the ankle tap that slowed him enough to be almost caught by (I think) Winterstein before Morgan finally got him on the line.

Isn't Matt Shirvington the clubs speed guru? Maybe he should be working with Tommy to improve his speed off the mark. If he can get that explosive acceleration he'd be even more dangerous. Hell, Melinda Gainsford-Taylor could teach Tommy a thing or two about speed off the mark.
Shirvo could teach him how to blow out a hammy. Acceleration is all explosive strength. How much work does Tommy do on the legs..? Box jumps and squats with Kapow.

Who saw the Broncs last night - when Roberts turned it on and blew past them out wide. Walker can do that but none of our actual outside backs can.

We had Hiku.
We let him go.

Would of been more reliable than Jorge on the wing this year.
Would of been the perfect centre replacement next year.

Oh well.

Amazingly after last year, it seems that we have plenty of forward depth. I'd love to see a player swap for a winger. Can you think of any quality or promising wingers that seem unwanted by clubs that could do with another forward? From what Ive heard on this forum the club could be willing to swap a Buhrer or Lawrence or Mateo or Starling? Maybe a Tiger?
Maybe we could swap founa-Blake. I'd rather lose him than decent blokes like buhrer,bj or starling

What is your obsession with Brenko Lee? Lawrence any day over him. In fact, I wouldn't swap anyone for Lee.

Don't get me wrong but if Canberra need front rowers that's Ricky Stuart's problem. I wouldn't go weakening us just to 'prop' them up.
Besides Lee is 'eel' backwards, so he would probably be off to Faecalmatta before the ink dried on his Manly contract.;)

Once he gets motoring there aren't many in the NRL who are faster than Tommy. There are some, but not many. However, you're correct about his speed off the mark. Its that lack of explosive acceleration that actually cost him the try against the Cowboys in Townsville last year. He took off and even JT had him done over the first 10 which led to the ankle tap that slowed him enough to be almost caught by (I think) Winterstein before Morgan finally got him on the line.

Isn't Matt Shirvington the clubs speed guru? Maybe he should be working with Tommy to improve his speed off the mark. If he can get that explosive acceleration he'd be even more dangerous. Hell, Melinda Gainsford-Taylor could teach Tommy a thing or two about speed off the mark.

Shirvo could teach him how to blow out a hammy. Acceleration is all explosive strength. How much work does Tommy do on the legs..? Box jumps and squats with Kapow.

Who saw the Broncs last night - when Roberts turned it on and blew past them out wide. Walker can do that but none of our actual outside backs can.

Top speed and acceleration are products of running style and stride length.
It is very rare to combine both, blokes like Ken Irvine the exception, brilliant off the mark with outstanding top speed.

Both can be improved, but beware tampering with someones natural gait.

As a fullback or winger Tom will in most cases be already in motion when receiving the ball and he has good acceleration from half speed to full speed, it is that spark that is important. Not zero to half speed.

It is your inside players who need the quick zero to go acceleration, like walker.

I mentioned in another thread that I'd go after Omar Slaimankhel from the Roosters. He is on the cusp, plenty of speed and a great step. He went to Japanese rugby for $ when he was young and is back now. He would look good on the wing, and has played plenty of fullback so he is also strong under the high ball.

I think he would make the move if we gave him first crack at a wing spot next year.

Who do you drop? Matai or Lyon? We are going to have this awkward balancing act until one of them retire.
Neither. We are a back short meaning we shuffle Walker out there in addition to Lyon, Matai and Tom t

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6