Players & RLPA v NRL: Ongoing Saga

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So what happens if a player does speak to the media? What can/will the RLPA do to the player? Anything? Nothing? Will the ban fall apart by the weekend?
That would make that player a putrid SCAB, letting down the rest of the players association in trying to achieve their collective goals which they would of voted on.
Don't believe the media they have their own agenda trying to divide the players by attacking the representative and claiming the fans will be hurting the most which is B.S.

I really don't know why the media stop writing about it.. Just black ban the RLPA also. Newton is about as easy to listen to as Anusley..... just drop the subject

James Hooper once again ingratiating himself with Fox bosses by volunteering to be the chief attack dog against the players. Most people in and around the game of rugby league have at least some shreds of decency, but this clown has neither intelligence nor principles. His article about the player dispute is one of the worst I've ever seen, and that's saying something!

One thing I don't get with the media/player coverage is the attitude 'more is better'. And by that I mean

1) interviews at half time as the players come off......possibly the most pointless thing I've ever seen
2) cameras in change rooms. I actually don't like it. I think the change room is sacrosant. The players should be able to walk around naked, do what they like. There is some mystique about not knowing EVERYTHING.

Seriously. Who is going to miss players being asked questions? Only the media for their soundbites. The questions they get asked are either vanilla or nonsensical. E.g. "what's it like to play alongside (insert name)?" "What do you think you need to do in the second half to pull back a (x point) deficit?" There's probably only 2-3 interesting interviews per season- usually involving Jake

I heard they are planning to boycott the Dally Ms.

I wonder if it has occurred to these morons that the awards ceremony is FOR THE PLAYERS?! LOL!
That's like boycotting your pay check because you demand to be paid more; completely ironic.

No one really cares about the Dally Ms except for the players themselves, who are rewarded for their performances. They'd be punishing themselves!

Hopefully the next step is to go on strike,meaning this season is null and void,us Manly fans can forget about this season and look forward to next year.Not to mention it stops the Panthers from winning 3 in a row

I've heard Jamie Buhrer and Tom Symonds talk on behalf of the RLPA on radio / tv...both good mates of DCE from what I understand. DCE is shaping up to be the new Arko. lol

Newton is an absolute flog

Heard him interviewed on the radio this morning, he should be in dancing with the stars the way he dances around giving any straight answers, and his go to line is “of course you’re going to take the NRLs side” indicating bias to the NRL because the media hosts don’t agree with his plastic answers

I heard they are planning to boycott the Dally Ms.

I wonder if it has occurred to these morons that the awards ceremony is FOR THE PLAYERS?! LOL!
That's like boycotting your pay check because you demand to be paid more; completely ironic.

No one really cares about the Dally Ms except for the players themselves, who are rewarded for their performances. They'd be punishing themselves!
To the players its just a glam piss up like most award nights. The media are the ones that froth over the awards nights. I believe most punters think awards are a major bore.

Clint newton needs to remember he isn’t still a school kid in the playground and start acting like an adult. He just comes over as someone trying to top note himself and he is doing it at the expense of the players

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8