Players we should let go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BOZO said:
Donny Singe
Just to save answering this question over and over again, Player contracts?? Not me guys, I know and PREFER to know NOTHING on this issue. What I do know is, loyalty and dedication is alive and very strong in our club. The men whilst recieving individual accolades for their performance know how important and necessary ...the quality and performance of the player inside/outside and across the park is to HIS total game contribution. Every player is committed to where they are right now and the games and season they are in RIGHT NOW!! You need to stay in the NOW with us, yeah its tough and frustrating but your positivity will carry us through and no matter what happens we will be stronger! Sounds like rubbish? Every player in the playing roster is here for 2012, right now, every player is here to compete in every match of 2012, our last 2 matches prove that, the only result we are interested in is winning the premiership in 2012. Your not waving your flag for 2013+, your not cheering for 2013+. Stay STRONG in 2012, stay POSITIVE in 2012, stay with US in 2012!! I wont let negative comments or people near my men dont let negative people or comments influence you! Do what you have always done.....Stand and continue your essential presence as our loud and proud supporters.
Donny Singe

That's Gold. I do allow myself to get caught up in all the who's staying or going speculation. That post has hit the mark for me so thanks.
It's 2012 and our team is awesome.

BOZO said:
Donny Singe
Just to save answering this question over and over again, Player contracts?? Not me guys, I know and PREFER to know NOTHING on this issue. What I do know is, loyalty and dedication is alive and very strong in our club. The men whilst recieving individual accolades for their performance know how important and necessary ...the quality and performance of the player inside/outside and across the park is to HIS total game contribution. Every player is committed to where they are right now and the games and season they are in RIGHT NOW!! You need to stay in the NOW with us, yeah its tough and frustrating but your positivity will carry us through and no matter what happens we will be stronger! Sounds like rubbish? Every player in the playing roster is here for 2012, right now, every player is here to compete in every match of 2012, our last 2 matches prove that, the only result we are interested in is winning the premiership in 2012. Your not waving your flag for 2013+, your not cheering for 2013+. Stay STRONG in 2012, stay POSITIVE in 2012, stay with US in 2012!! I wont let negative comments or people near my men dont let negative people or comments influence you! Do what you have always done.....Stand and continue your essential presence as our loud and proud supporters.
Donny Singe

Great post Donny.

I hate all this talk of comings and goings . The sooner a trading window is introduced the better .

As for talk of who should be let go, that's a subject best discussed with a few schooies in the pub with your mates , not here on a public forum.

Yes, we have to look to our future, but like Donny said lets try worry about 2012 before we think about 2013.

I am sure, Tooves and the management will sign who they must.

It's a pity we will lose some, but that's how it goes.

No matter who stays, or who goes, the club will put out a team that we will all be proud of.

I for one would love them all to stay, but i know it will not happen.

Some of the people on this forum need to go the little cafe near the bus stop at Narrabeen. They serve cement by the cup load and this may help them harden up. This topic asked which player we should let go and we replied. We explained ourselves and now are being attacked by muppets. Maybe its not only the Selection committee that needs to wake up or maybe if they cant see this they should follow the Indian Premier League Cricket and so go to India ... So... get that In..d..ya!

T&T, these forums are full of self-opinionated 'experts' and you obviously claim you are one. I eat cement for breakfast and wash it down with a lime solution before drinking 3 litres of stomach burning cola and a curry for lunch so if you know the inner workings of how the club values each player's contribution then I may accept your opinions on who we should dump. Your suggestion of moving on most of the front pack seems to be a disaster to me, but I have only been watching the game for over 40 years. :)

ManlyBacker said:
T&T, these forums are full of self-opinionated 'experts' and you obviously claim you are one. I eat cement for breakfast and wash it down with a lime solution before drinking 3 litres of stomach burning cola and a curry for lunch so if you know the inner workings of how the club values each player's contribution then I may accept your opinions on who we should dump. Your suggestion of moving on most of the front pack seems to be a disaster to me, but I have only been watching the game for over 40 years. :)

MB, just a few for the record, We never claimed to be anything, just state my opinion. Another is that you would usually drink cement from a cup, not eat from one. Unless you drink it from a bowl like .... (could use a different word relating to the one that we are about to use but we are nice guys and we'll claim to be one of them:)) A CAT. Also seeing that your getting on in years, maybe your eyes need to be checked at OPSM, because as we stated (in the list of players) to go, We said that they, not need to leave now, as the forwards we have listed as old (like yourself) may have a few good things left in them, but probably should move on soon. As we mentioned these players, much like yourself, are getting old and the new brigade is arriving VERY SOON and we should look forward to prospects such as Cunningham, Stromquist, Anderson and Hawkins etc. into the new era to come and not dwell in the past. BUT .... WE also agree with Donny we need to support the club now, but we also wish to support the future. We know you probably dont have long left MB, but we hope you will support the future as well. P.S We love how you get it In d ya each lunch time. Keep getting it In d ya!

Thanks T&T. Hopefully it will be a while before I kick the bucket but with my diet who knows. My eyesight is declining, I admit it, but I can spot a try or double movement or forward pass long before you youngsters twig that anything has happened.As an avowed ageist I can see why anyone over 22 would be a disappointment to you, but most forwards don't really hit their straps until after 25 - no doubt hard for you to hear. As a 'nice guy' it is a shame that flushing the careers of our best players away means nought to you. I know the past, relish the present and anticipate Manly greatness of the future. Give it a go.

I actually don't mind this thread. If we can't discuss this sort of stuff amongst our own kind than who are we to talk too about it? Part of being a supporter is what would you do if you had the keys to the kingdom. Not everyone is going to agree about priorities or a persons worth to a team but so what?

As for some of the thoughts raised in this thread so far. I think everyone agrees that Foran and DCE are must keeps. They are the first peices of the puzzle and really everyone else needs to be put on hold til they are locked in long term. The next contenious one is Snake. You'd hope loyalty would play part, I'm not saying he should stay for peanuts but you'd hope all we had to do was be in the same ballpark as any offers and it would be enough to keep him. If we can't get in that ball park he will go. Someone suggested no one is knocking down his door. The Dragons will. They are a club in crisis, a rookie coach who is under pressure and a CEO who is under the pump for letting Bennet go. When they start to slide down the ladder and players like Beau Scott leave they will have an enormous amount to play with under the cap and the pressure from supporters to land a big fish will see them go hard for Snake.

If Snake does go then you might as well release Gift as he will want to leave and its not right they should have to play against each other, but until Snake does go keeping Gift should help us with contract negotiations for Snake. But if the both leave it releases a hell of a lot of cap pressure on us and probably helps us keep everyone else.

A few of our elder props are under pressure, from supporters at least, into holding onto their spots if releasing them helps keep others. Its probably the smart move because we do have some young talent but I don't know if it will save us all that much cash. Those guys are on good coin, no doubt, but I wouldn't think they'd be in the stratosphere of the money we need to shell out to retain/upgrade superstars. Plus even if you do say release Kite you still need to pay his replacement better than the minimum because then they'll be gone when they are off contract (to the chooks most likely).

Not sure if that makes sense, but as I said I don't mind discussing it.

Masked Eagle said:
I actually don't mind this thread. If we can't discuss this sort of stuff amongst our own kind than who are we to talk too about it? Part of being a supporter is what would you do if you had the keys to the kingdom. Not everyone is going to agree about priorities or a persons worth to a team but so what?

As for some of the thoughts raised in this thread so far. I think everyone agrees that Foran and DCE are must keeps. They are the first peices of the puzzle and really everyone else needs to be put on hold til they are locked in long term. The next contenious one is Snake. You'd hope loyalty would play part, I'm not saying he should stay for peanuts but you'd hope all we had to do was be in the same ballpark as any offers and it would b[ampl]e enough to keep him. If we can't get in that ball park he will go. Someone suggested no one is knocking down his door. The Dragons will. They are a club in crisis, a rookie coach who is under pressure and a CEO who is under the pump for letting Bennet go. When they start to slide down the ladder and players like Beau Scott leave they will have an enormous amount to play with under the cap and the pressure from supporters to land a big fish will see them go hard for Snake.

If Snake does go then you might as well release Gift as he will want to leave and its not right they should have to play against each other, but until Snake does go keeping Gift should help us with contract negotiations for Snake. But if the both leave it releases a hell of a lot of cap pressure on us and probably helps us keep everyone else.

A few of our elder props are under pressure, from supporters at least, into holding onto their spots if releasing them helps keep others. Its probably the smart move because we do have some young talent but I don't know if it will save us all that much cash. Those guys are on good coin, no doubt, but I wouldn't think they'd be in the stratosphere of the money we need to shell out to retain/upgrade superstars. Plus even if you do say release Kite you still need to pay his replacement better than the minimum because then they'll be gone when they are off contract (to the chooks most likely).

Who said life was easy? The only thing I cannot do is make decisions,I am not so sure about this now... including this one...
[/ampl]

Masked Eagle said:

As for some of the thoughts raised in this thread so far. I think everyone agrees that Foran and DCE are must keeps. They are the first peices of the puzzle and really everyone else needs to be put on hold til they are locked in long term. The next contenious one is Snake. You'd hope loyalty would play part, I'm not saying he should stay for peanuts but you'd hope all we had to do was be in the same ballpark as any offers and it would be enough to keep him. If we can't get in that ball park he will go. Someone suggested no one is knocking down his door. The Dragons will. They are a club in crisis, a rookie coach who is under pressure and a CEO who is under the pump for letting Bennet go. When they start to slide down the ladder and players like Beau Scott leave they will have an enormous amount to play with under the cap and the pressure from supporters to land a big fish will see them go hard for Snake.

Well said Masked Eagle! As for ManlyBacker, I have given sometime to our ageing forwards, but it seems it hasnt helped the much. Even with your unbelievable eyes you would be able to see that. As for forward not hitting straps till 25 here is some names to think about whilst having your curry and coke.... Tamulolo(NQ), Tariq Sims(NQ), Gillett(Bris), Hala(Bris), Glenn(Bris), McGuire(Bris), Shall I Continue???

Yes please - as I can name far more experienced forwards

Top Metres (by forwards)

Gallen born 1981
Greg Bird 1984
Sam Burgess 1988 (first under 25)
David Shillington 1983

So 3 out of the top 4 are well over 25

Ceagle said:
To keep both Foran and DCE we are going to need to let a few players go. These are the players off contract this years

Kieran Foran, Ben Farrar, Jorge Taufua, Matt Ballin, Liam Foran, Darcy Lussick, Michael McDougall, Michael Oldfield, Brett Stewart, Dean Whare, David Williams

Let go

Brett 500k
maybe Glenn aswell 300k
David Williams 200k
Lussick 100k

We only need to clear out some space for the next 2 years, then backload DCE and Foran's contracts.

In my opinion Lussick needs to go or at least pull his finger out and head in. A few NRL games and he tries to demand all this money. WTF.

Matai needs to stay and I would like Brett to be resigned for his true value on the player market, not the $600,000 his manager is pitching for.

When it comes to David Williams, great player but suffered a major injury last year and cannot help but think this has contributed to his tentative start this year. Will he get back to the player he was, confidence wise - not sure, but hopefully.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6