please....are we in a slump or are we foxing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Many other teams in a slump are losing games that Manly win, this shows a champion quality.
There is plenty of improvement left in this team & there will need to be.
There is serious competition this year.
The true test will come when the finals kick off.
This will distinguish which teams have those extra gears to win the title.
Manly are 1 of 3 teams imo who have this up the sleeve & will use it when it counts.

Snake said:
The Who said:
Are Souffs on a hot trot or have they peaked too soon?

I don't really adhere to the philosophy of peaking too soon. They have all the ingredients to win the premiership and if they turn up with the right attitude in September they'll take some beating. The onus is on Manly to take it to them. If we can get in arm wrestle with them, I'll back us all the way; that's where quality halves come into the equation.

I feel that only opposition fans always come up with the 'peaking too soon' scenario. It's never the fans of the club peaking of course. I much rather that my club would be kicking other teams butts than just scraping into the finals.

Roger_Ramjet said:
Snake said:
The Who said:

I don't really adhere to the philosophy of peaking too soon. They have all the ingredients to win the premiership and if they turn up with the right attitude in September they'll take some beating. The onus is on Manly to take it to them. If we can get in arm wrestle with them, I'll back us all the way; that's where quality halves come into the equation.

I feel that only opposition fans always come up with the 'peaking too soon' scenario. It's never the fans of the club peaking of course. I much rather that my club would be kicking other teams butts than just scraping into the finals.

The feather dusters would be happy to beat some of the cellar dwellers.

We'll know this Fri whether we are in a slump or not. We lose to Parra (FAIRLY) then not only will we be in a slump but I seriously doubt we can fight our way out of it.

the mauler said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Snake said:
The Who said:

Seagulls have feathers too... :D
Meanwhile, the Premiers are a mere 2 points away. Funny, a few weeks ago we were probably too far gone... Reminds me of a great line from Rambo 3 I believe where Rambo says : I'm coming to get ya___Murdoch!"... How poignant!

Roger_Ramjet said:
the mauler said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Snake said:
The Who said:

Meanwhile, the Premiers are a mere 2 points away. Funny, a few weeks ago we were probably too far gone... Reminds me of a great line from Rambo 3 I believe where Rambo says : I'm coming to get ya___Murdoch!"... How poignant!

I thought the education system in the Eastern Suburbs were adequate, but they must have skipped basic addition.

30 points, is in fact 4 points behind 34.

You know I lived in Queensland for 5 years, and even I can calculate 34 - 30

A few months ago we saw our guys flex their attacking muscle, coming up with some new plays that oppositions struggled to contain. I'd suggest that once a Top 4 was all but certain, over the last month, they've been in cruise control.

Add some injuries and it's about making the finals in one piece, and without showing all the tricks.

COMMANDER said:
Just hope we have several gears to go up, we will need them.

Tooves will drop the three speed HQ gearbox out the day after the Cows game, and put in the Lamborghini seven speed automated manual gearbox(standard on all Manly finals series).:D

Dan said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
the mauler said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Snake said:

I thought the education system in the Eastern Suburbs were adequate, but they must have skipped basic addition.

You're so right...silly me and yes it must be this rarefied air in "QUEENSLANDER!" that made me forget that Manly just won on Sunday v Titans...3 points :D and after we copped so much by beating them earlier by 8...go Figure...I guess my faux pas was still celebrating the big win v TigsPies and that we got to 2 within...(insert dunce cap here :-( )

Roger_Ramjet said:
Dan said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
the mauler said:
Roger_Ramjet said:

You're so right...silly me and yes it must be this rarefied air in "QUEENSLANDER!" that made me forget that Manly just won on Sunday v Titans...3 points :D and after we copped so much by beating them earlier by 8...go Figure...I guess my faux pas was still celebrating the big win v TigsPies and that we got to 2 within...(insert dunce cap here :-( )

I can empathize with the QLD air and what it does to your brains, I'm still recovering from my 5 year stint.

The XXXX alone kills brain cells

Roger_Ramjet said:
Snake said:
The Who said:

Don't go off half-cocked Rodge - this from Gould in today's Herald:

The Sydney Roosters, on the back of three consecutive wins, have consolidated their spot in the top four. However, their clash this Sunday with the Warriors in Auckland is sure to tell us plenty more about their 2014 premiership credentials than we’ve learned over the past three weeks. Their last three wins have been against teams outside of the top eight. This Sunday is the first of three successive matches against other top-eight opponents. In eight matches against top-eight opponents this year, the Roosters have won just three

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/geoff-toovey-is-right-minor-premiership-should-carry-a-major-reward-20140819-1060ge.html#ixzz3AtrNH16J

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2