Please stay Marty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We were looking at middle and edge forwards but the way Aloiai, Tent, Quac, Sipley and Keppie have been performing to go with Shuster as an edge forward and Davey to come back who I rate, plenty of talent there. Boyle and Jetski's place are the ones in danger and Siro will have to also prove his worth for a new contract. Have some great young forwards coming through the juniors as well.
I agree mate. Our forwards look great as they are. Siro will probably get another contract off the back of how well our young forwards are developing. Boyle and Gosiewski are definitely surplus to requirements for 2022. Croker is also probably worth keeping as depth now. We need a depth centre, winger and a good quality utility back that can cover fullback as well. I don't think we need to look outside for anything else at all.

D

Deleted member 26876

Love marty, especially at his best (like last few weeks). But we can only afford to retain him past his current contract on a slightly smaller deal imo. Lot of great forwards here and coming through so cant let the finances get too lopsided (especially given our other large contracts). 550-600k hopefully! He is great when on and looks to have some fire again, leading off the bench.

He really has come to life after a (very) gradual decline since 2018. He is revelling with less responsibility on himself now. Just comes off the bench and takes ownership of the middle, but teams can’t target and tire him now as they also have to focus on paseka, sipley, olakautau, schu and the like

Our forward rotation is very good at the moment

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There is a few forwards who can go before Marty.
Jetski, Siro, Boyle spring to mind.
Siro would be good to keep as depth on a significantly downgraded contract. He will struggle to make the seventeen in 2022. Boyle and Jetski will be gonski. We need to move on at least two backs in the current squad as well. Taufua and one of (Walker, Parker or Suli). Assuming we are upgrading Burbo, so we really only have 3 spots to fill next season. A depth centre, winger and a good quality utility back that covers fullback well. I think we keep everybody else, including Croker, Cust and Garrick. Out of those the only one making the seventeen is Garrick. Fainu and Lawton are nine and fourteen respectively.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Siro would be good to keep as depth on a significantly downgraded contract. He will struggle to make the seventeen in 2022. Boyle and Jetski will be gonski. We need to move on at least two backs in the current squad as well. Taufua and one of (Walker, Parker or Suli). Assuming we are upgrading Burbo, so we really only have 3 spots to fill next season. A depth centre, winger and a good quality utility back that covers fullback well. I think we keep everybody else, including Croker, Cust and Garrick. Out of those the only one making the seventeen is Garrick. Fainu and Lawton are nine and fourteen respectively.
I'd keep Cust tbh. Best half option after the big names.

madmax

Bencher
So you’d keep Croker over Walker, Suli or Parker lololololol…..

Rocky

Bencher
Marty is going really well. Its great to see him rip in. Agreed with other posters who comment that coming off the bench seems to have taken the pressure on him.

I could be wrong but the early season chat (me included) was more around Marty not producing to his paycheque. But he wasn't the only player in that category.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So you’d keep Croker over Walker, Suli or Parker lololololol…..
Yep I would. He provides good cover for three positions. He stays purely because of that utility value, and his overall improvement since the start of the season. Out of Walker, Parker and Suli, the only one who provides any real versatility is Walker. Thats also debatable. Unless you have Parker or Suli covering backrow? Harper should be our first centre picked. Walker should be next. So unless you think it's a worthwhile exercise keeping both Parker and Suli for Blacktown next year, then we have to move one on.

Last edited:

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I so hope he gets to play out his career at Manly. He's my favourite player out of all of them ,( yes even Tom). He's been a rock for Manly. A guy who provides the solid foundation for the team's success and gives his all every game. He's right up there in my opinion will all the past great Manly props Moose, O'Neil, Harvey, Thommo, Daley, Gillespie, Roberts, King, Kite. In fact he's even up with some our greatest forwards Randall, Reilly, Martin, Vautin, Cleal, Kennedy, Choc, Gift, Jake.
If anyone deserves a premiership it's Marty and I hope it's in the mighty maroon and white.

I so hope he gets to play out his career at Manly. He's my favourite player out of all of them ,( yes even Tom). He's been a rock for Manly. A guy who provides the solid foundation for the team's success and gives his all every game. He's right up there in my opinion will all the past great Manly props Moose, O'Neil, Harvey, Thommo, Daley, Gillespie, Roberts, King, Kite. In fact he's even up with some our greatest forwards Randall, Reilly, Martin, Vautin, Cleal, Kennedy, Choc, Gift, Jake.
If anyone deserves a premiership it's Marty and I hope it's in the mighty maroon and white.
I like Marty but comparing him to some of those legends is a bit of a stretch!

just sayin’

Ryan

Journey Man
He's in the Nate Myles stage of his career (for us). Still fantastic, but you probably give him a year-to-year deal based upon longetivity. The issue is someone will offer him 3-4 years who are desperate, and will likely get the same issue we faced with Myles in that his body stopped holding up, and his quality dropped off the side of a cliff.

Last edited:

manly al

First Grader
Marty is still showing a lot of pride in his performances and still really putting in and doing good . Nate in the main just did not care , no accountability for his many lack luster efforts , just no serious interest in trying to perform consistently for Manly. Big difference . Plenty of goers in the present Manly pack to help Marty play to his best level and looks no different going into next season . Hope that he sees out his current contract .

Rafferty

Mug punter
Marty is still showing a lot of pride in his performances and still really putting in and doing good . Nate in the main just did not care , no accountability for his many lack luster efforts , just no serious interest in trying to perform consistently for Manly. Big difference . Plenty of goers in the present Manly pack to help Marty play to his best level and looks no different going into next season . Hope that he sees out his current contract .
Forehead only played for the pension funds, Marty plays for our club and I would never compare the two in the same breath, I would love to see this team ride our current situation all the way this year and see the big fella win a premiership with us.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13