Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Roberts down to talk to them? He walked out on us when he signed for Super League. With the greatest respect to Mr Roberts, no thanks.
To be fair he sat out the 96 season rather than play as he stood up for what he believed in. I would have loved if he kept playing I had to respect his decision to not take money for something he believed in

We sure are!
Maybe not you mate. Lol. I read a post of yours above this and found my self agreeing with you the one about support. I think 5-10 years ago I would have given you a spray and called you a lefty. I've must of mellowed

To be fair he sat out the 96 season rather than play as he stood up for what he believed in. I would have loved if he kept playing I had to respect his decision to not take money for something he believed in
You know you're correct. I guess I should respect his view to sit it out.

I hope you see what I did there.

Wow..

BREAKING

7 Manly players won't play this weekend

Josh Aloiai, Jason Saab, Christian Tuipulotu, Josh Schuster, Haumole Olakau’atu, Tolutau Koula and Toafofoa Sipley have stood down over pride jersey. @app85
Forget the jersey issue, these blokes want to risk our season over some colours in the hoops. I hope the club deducts their pay.

Mate you understand my point in your kind of way. The first few sentences of your post say that loud and clear. I was just trying to see if you could could associate any deplorable behaviour on the left side of the spectrum as I sensed a possible bias ( no offence intended) just being honest.
Mate we get the point but sexuality, and acknowledging the systemic abuse of minorities within it who's historical mentalities have real world effects today is not a "left/right" issue.

Reality is today the rainbow flag and pride month is just a corporate exercise. I don't want to speak on behalf of an entire group however in my anecdotal experience people who identify as such generally are well aware of the hijacking for profit and subsequent weaponisation of a symbol which represented them.

These constant exploitations for economic gain has drawn the actual discriminated people criticism via association. Last I check it's not "the gays" shoving this **** down your throat, nor do they advocate for special treatment - the genuine sexual pride movement is fundamentally about freedom from discrimination and equality, not selling you crap.

So let's just see this for what it is, the new normal of every club releasing ridiculous amounts of themed "strips" to cash in on the obvious merchandise aspect. It's just this time there are people whose beliefs are seen as distasteful but otherwise are kept to themselves, then when unconsulted on the fact they'll be promoting sin thrown under the bus as symbolic heads of hate to appease merchant crisis' of all creed as there is always a good and bad party in every situation, never grey.

I will say as someone who thinks people feigning ignorance in 2022 or hiding behind ideologies to project hate under the cover of counter criticism due to religious respect on others are insufferable. Statistically I doubt there are 7 genuinely hateful people like that in the league, let alone our top 17. I'd have an ounce more respect for them if their beliefs included refusing to wear gambling, alcohol or other 'sinful' products.

The club caused this situation, initially for money. Not homosexuality, not the players and their beliefs, they did it for money with consideration of nothing else and the result is now clear. Depending on the real desired outcomes, the resulting PR has either been a spectacular win or loss depending on those definitely not sociopathic marketers in our society but that's just my unlikely conspiratorial speculation.

It sucks there's people who don't accept others on the basis of sexuality, but it sucks that simple (and I mean simple) footy players get dragged into such complex social and political issues the sport primarily exists to distract from.

What's done is done, just wear the ****ing jersey and take your pay. I didn't agree with Woolworths and their gambling empire which is ethically indefensible yet worked in a supermarket and didn't have the luxury to tell them I didn't want to. This is many things but the biggest is the fact it's a non issue.

Saw a bunch of posts in the Club News thread but this deserves its own thread really.
It's quite clear there's a few who are terrified of their own latent homosexuality, hahaha.
Less funny is the idea that we must not support oppressed minorities lest that offend the bigots, whom we must appease because, well, actually I couldn't quite understand the end of that line of thought.
Then we have the no politics in sport slogan. That one is certainly humorous.
And even a few Izzie Folou fans, who seem to say we must stand up for the rights of religious bigots because they have feelings too. Gotta admit I've never really been swayed by that 'argument', lol.

Anyway carry on in either thread, i just thought a separate might be handy, if only for posterity :)

Oh yeah, nearly forgot - i actually saw posts wondering if there hadn't been any gay footy player since Ian Roberts, and saying there is so much tolerance noawadays that of course gays can come out whenever they like without repercussions. Uh uh. There are plenty but they are terrified of what would happen to them. And reading some of the views of our very own ST members i can't rally blame them!

“LGBTIQA people have always been a part of sport but haven’t always been allowed the visibility,” said former Manly forward Ian Roberts
Perspective time ....

The Manly club made this marketing move without any consultation of the players and they did it without board approval

I think this could have been handled better and more respectful if consultation was made

My question is ???
what reaction would we have gotten if the club decided to celebrate Easter with a cross on our Jersey without player consultation or board approval ?

The answer is .....
it would have caused the same game destabilization

and this is why no other NRL club has ventured into this territory for good reason

Last edited:
I never saw this as anything to do with religion? And if religious people have an issue with it maybe...just maybe...that might be the reason why clubs need to wear stuff like this

Re tokenisn I would hope this is part of a larger play by the club
I don't have an issue if it is religious beliefs either by the way but it certainly isn't the only focus as some here are making it out.

The usual people will start with the religious jokes and knocking of peoples beliefs, you wont see me doing it in reverse.

Forget the jersey issue, these blokes want to risk our season over some colours in the hoops. I hope the club deducts their pay.
Perspective time ....

The Manly club made this marketing move this without any consultation of the players and they did it without board approval

I think this could have been handled better and more respectful if consultation was made

My question is ???
what reaction would we have gotten if the club decided to celebrate Easter with a cross on our Jersey without player consultation or board approval ?

The answer is .....

and this is why no other NRL club has ventured into this territory for good reason

The issue many have is not about it being a religious belief to not take part or wear the jersey, it is the belief in some that it's agenda based and a subtle "f&*k u" to religious beliefs dressed up as "inclusivity", to slowly kill off religion through marketing the contrasting sexualities.

It's also tokenism and selling out in exactly the same way as most other sponsorships are which is nothing to be "proud" about, yeah you can argue "just wear it and be done with like every other sponsorship" but everyone has the right to form their own boundaries or line in the sand.

The players against this promotion, or who don't play, or lets say wore a jersey without the rainbow colours i bet they are targeted with hatred and condemnation for their choices by the same people who don't wish the same on themselves.

I wouldn't participate that is for sure.
What you said, TC. Agreed.

Perspective time ....

The Manly club made this marketing move this without any consultation of the players and they did it without board approval

My question is ???

The answer is .....

Because faith is a choice and sexuality is not?

I am not a religious person but what I believe separates myself from those who are is their choice to believe in a higher power etc. Sexuality is not a choice

Go Woke, Go Broke

Attachments

• 03B40FAB-701C-48E9-867A-99B93ED44FBF.jpeg
    03B40FAB-701C-48E9-867A-99B93ED44FBF.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 53

I am not a religious person but what I believe separates myself from those who are is their choice to believe in a higher power etc. Sexuality is not a choice
Wow dude...you never heard of indoctrination? You think hard core religious extremists and priests that get around in dresses, believing the bread they eat is the blessed body of Christ, just woke up one day and made a choice to believe in a bearded guy in the sky?! You’ve gotta be kidding. If that was the case, you can bet the Big Bang theory would have put paid to the church centuries ago.

I thought it was just about few silly colours. Now you're bringing sexuality into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11