POLL: When has Des 2.0 failed as our coach?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

What is the failure point for Des 2.0 as coach?

• 0 wins from first 6 games

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • 0 wins from first 10 games

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Manly's first ever Wooden Spoon confirmed

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • No top-8 in 2021

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • No Top-8 in 2021 or 2022

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Never because he is a Manly legend

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Goooone by now...

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A bit to go yet.... (lol)

BUFFALO -- The Buffalo Sabres (NHL) allowed four unanswered goals after the second period, including one by Ivan Provorov 42 seconds into overtime, and lost an 18th straight game, 4-3 to the Philadelphia Flyers at KeyBank Center on Monday.

First spoon or no top 8 2021-2022 for mine.

I think 2022 is looking like a big year if we recruit smart enough (especially if Fainu returns and Davey). If we don't make the top 8 at all in 2022, that's an automatic goodbye to Des (and hope it is a respectful send off as well). Top 4-6 target for 2022

2021 isn't shaping well, but I still hope we can turn it around and go for top 8, despite looking less and less likely with an unlucky and poor start to the season.

I think there are still enough factors at current (no trbo, no fainu, no davey, off-contract, stale and expendable depth/centres/second-row stocks) to warrant missing the 8 this year, which sucks to say and accept. Never accept mediocrity, I know, but I think that a pass mark for just this year - if Fainu doesn't return - is that they at least return to some form by midseason and try their absolute hardest to sneak in to the 8.

If we fold completely and are battling for the spoon with the dogs in rd 25 I'd be tempted to let go of Des but still think it is a little panicky to do that w/ 2022 looming as a good year.
What about the last dozen games last year. This is not a three game unlucky start to a season. They concede nearly 40 points a game over fifteen games The collection of blokes he picks are going nowhere. Absolutely nowhere.Croker Parker Boyle JetSki Garrick Suli wouldn’t be allowed in the car park selling hot dogs at other clubs. Blind Freddy can see it.
Fainu if he plays, which is unlikely , will be in the last month.

The 20 blokes he selects his side from are going to run last or near last for as long as he picks them , and two or three spots higher if Tom plays.That’s the future under this coach and his three year old game plans. Top eight is a total and utter pipe dream.

Last edited:
The 20 blokes he selects his side from are going to run last or near last for as long as he picks them , and two or three spots higher if Tom plays.That’s the future under this coach and his three year old game plans. Top eight is a total and utter pipe dream.
The tragic thing is your last paragraph is exactly where we are at , and will be at, if nothing changes.

And nothing looks like changing !!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12