[Resurrected] Poll: Would you support a Full Time Move to Rat Park?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would you support a Full Time Move to Rat Park?

• Yes

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 39 70.9%

• Total voters
I love Brookie to death but we all know if it's a wet weather game our crowd attendance takes a significant knock. Especially families with young kids that sit on the hill (I fall into this category). Unless we get the new grandstand built within the next 5 years I can see the Commission (probably Dogberg) announcing Brookvale Oval is not up to NRL standard and we'll be forced to move.

I agree with what Technical Coach has had to say about this topic....Also, if Manly can't get the funding it deserves from the NRL and politicians , now that we have the local member as PM , as well as state officials in high places when will we EVER get it ?? No one wants us to move obviously , but unless the funding comes in the form of a grant , the only option from what I understand is the ground being taken over as a state trust similar to Parra stadium....the coucil also isnt allowed to sell it as part of the condition of it being as donated to the community ..... even if they were, who'd buy it ??? Manly fans on the "insular peninsula" might be surprised at the amount of fans from outside the area who would gladly purchase a season ticket in an all seater venue such as the SFS with modern facilities , as compared to our spititual home where even going to the latrines or lining up for warm beer and cold pies costs you your spot on the the glorious western facing hill...that is of course if you chose to get there early enough for a decent spot and it hasnt rained that day. We dont have enough undercover seating and are at the mercy of the weather....away fans dont come in numbers either due to location and facilities. Moving to somwhere like the SFS as far as crowd numbers dropping = manly fans boycotting , take away , new manly fans starting to come + the extra away fans.....as well as finally being able to attract the corporate support whe dont get by being based where we are...yes we would lose some of the "home ground " advantage as far as percentage of fans at the game are concerned, but isnt that better than having no team to follow ??

My personal suggestion, and I think it is a winner, is to move the homeground to Amsterdam ArenA.

Let's look at the benefits of such a move
- Large stadium Style Arena
- Main city Stadium
- Great transport to and from the location. Easy from the airport, centraal station or more importantly only a few stops on the metro from my house (15 mins or so), really easy from anywhere in or outside the city
- World class teams play out of there
- One of the worlds most successful clubs play from there
- world class food and drink locations around there (slight sarcasm here)
- Great view from anywhere in the stadium
- Fast entry and exit of the stadium
- The top closes in inclement weather

To me it just ticks about every box.

You tick the same boxes as for a move to SFS so your idea makes just as much sense i.e. none

You tick the same boxes as for a move to SFS so your idea makes just as much sense i.e. none

No rubbish, I argue its easier and more enjoyable for everyone to attend games in Amsterdam than at the SFS

I love Brookie to death but we all know if it's a wet weather game our crowd attendance takes a significant knock. Especially families with young kids that sit on the hill (I fall into this category). Unless we get the new grandstand built within the next 5 years I can see the Commission (probably Dogberg) announcing Brookvale Oval is not up to NRL standard and we'll be forced to move.

The line of better grandstand for wet weather fails too, we got a bigger crowd than the roosters on the same crappy wet evening last year, so the weather turned off more local SFS supporters than local Brookie supporters.

The line of better grandstand for wet weather fails too, we got a bigger crowd than the roosters on the same crappy wet evening last year, so the weather turned off more local SFS supporters than local Brookie supporters.
You have taken a one off game as an example. I put it to you that wet weather does affect crowds at grounds with little undercover seating.

If we had to move some games to the SFS because of a Brookie that doesn't get upgraded, then it could be no more than four games, otherwise we'd suffer.

Games against; Parra, Canterbury, Dragons and Tigers would give us a minimum crowd of 15K without having support in favour of the away sides.

This idea has a lot of merit.

There is plenty of space for development including parking, is on the transport line and right next to the large park'n drive.

It could be made into a true sota boutique 25k rugby league stadium and support Manly and Warringah rats as well as soccer matches.
Plenty of room for future development, including a shared leagues club ( we don't own one now)

Our entire area is now controlled by Northern Beaches council.

We would be safe from any talk of relocation forever.

I have changed my vote to yes.

Last edited:
This idea has a lot of merit.

There is plenty of space for development including parking, is on the transport line and right next to the large park'n drive.

It could be made into a true sota boutique 25k rugby league stadium and support Manly and Warringah rats as well as soccer matches.
Plenty of room for future development, including a shared leagues club ( we don't own one now)

Our entire area is now controlled by Northern Beaches council.

We would be safe from any talk of relocation forever.

I have changed my vote to yes.
Nice idea. But we’d need Packer money and lobbying to get that happening.

Nice idea. But we’d need Packer money and lobbying to get that happening.

Why?

NSW and fed govt have already allocated plenty of $$.
Council sell Brookie oval to part fund.

Rest comes from the govt as this is helping multiple sports and the local area.

It's not as if they have not poured $$ into Illawarra, Newcastle, Belmore and Parra.

Time for the entire Northern beaches/ suburbs to have their turn

Why?

NSW and fed govt have already allocated plenty of $$.
Council sell Brookie oval to part fund.

Rest comes from the govt as this is helping multiple sports and the local area.

It's not as if they have not poured $$ into Illawarra, Newcastle, Belmore and Parra.

Time for the entire Northern beaches/ suburbs to have their turn

I can assure you funding wont be forthcoming while fools like Fittler and Ch 9 keep calling for our relocation.

Can you imagine the uproar from the uneducated if it was announced Manly Sea Eagles had been approved for State money.

Aint ever gonna happen.

I can assure you funding wont be forthcoming while fools like Fittler and Ch 9 keep calling for our relocation.

Can you imagine the uproar from the uneducated if it was announced Manly Sea Eagles had been approved for State money.

Aint ever gonna happen.

Perhaps it is not Fittler who is the fool.

He has for some time said Manly should move from Brookie to Rat park to solidify their future.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...rat-park-warringah/1olgfwaga50vf14xlzk8elx2kv

IN one of the other 5 or so threads on this, didn't someone say that Fittler wants Manly to move there as Fittler's wife has a cafe up that way??

hey
hay
hai

With all this talk of relocation, i'd like some clarification on how the NRL and NINE plan to move a privately owned club?

Also, its a yes from me for Rat Park if there was funding on the table for a 30,000 undercover seat stadium. But there's not so i'm happy with Brooky.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4