[Resurrected] Poll: Would you support a Full Time Move to Rat Park?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would you support a Full Time Move to Rat Park?

• Yes

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 39 70.9%

• Total voters
Would feel so weird playing at Rat Park - to me that is just somewhere Zone Cross Country was held in high school @:D

Wonder if we will play a few games there whilst Brookie is getting renovated? Could work as it is now against teams like the Titans and other teams with not many travelling supporters

Rat Park is not practical. The funding would never occur. It is really too far out to the hub of Warringah.

Brookvale and the area will be expanded with a new Town Centre and making it more lively (in time).

Brookvale Oval they spent $11 million not that long ago (6 years ago) in redoing the Dressing Rooms, Corporate areas, extended the Jane Try Grandstand re-did the roofing on all of the Grandstands and other bits.

Also, at Brookie Oval now spending another $37 million soon with the Centre of Excellence & New Northern 3,000 seat stand. Too much infrastructure already is in Brookie. Rat Park couldn’t take the parking. Yes there are some playing fields behind Rat Park, but Brookvale is spread out better (& not totally being in an residential area).

I voted "Yes" but for purely selfish reasons as it's much closer to where I live.

That said, if the B-line would stop at Brookie on game days I'd be happy with that. It's a pain having to get off at Dee Why or Warringah Mall & walk to the ground.

Perhaps it is not Fittler who is the fool.

He has for some time said Manly should move from Brookie to Rat park to solidify their future.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...rat-park-warringah/1olgfwaga50vf14xlzk8elx2kv

Heres a Fittler quote from yesterday (no mention of Rat Park)- article at https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...nberg-brad-fittler/1pii7ts1mecrr10iyc5gupyyx8

"When you talk about expansion there's a lot of narrow-mindedness about how it should be done and who it should be," he said.

"If you look at the AFL model with the Sydney Swans and Brisbane Lions, the Swans came up from South Melbourne. There's a longer history. There's always this view that you have to start a new club, you cant expand an area.

"The Cronulla Sharks could go to Perth and have this history that goes on forever, and figure out what works financially. Taking Manly to the Central Coast, it looks like a no-brainer.

"Why the Titans aren't goint to Brisbane is beyond me, it doesn't work for some reason on the Gold Coast. The market has to be Brisbane surely.

"You have to put the right people in charge of the decision-making, and the right people in charge of the clubs and it will work."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8