PONGA switch to halves as Knights chase GARRICK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Garrick is pretty underrated. He’s been carrying an injury for a while and playing out of position, so hard to judge his current form. If he does go, we will miss him. He’s a better winger than Saab. Saab only has speed going for him, and even then he needs to be in open space to reach his potential.
He maybe underrated but that doesn’t mean he needs to be over paid.If the Knights are willing to offer more and Manly can get a player in return,like Best,that’s a great deal

He maybe underrated but that doesn’t mean he needs to be over paid.If the Knights are willing to offer more and Manly can get a player in return,like Best,that’s a great deal

I didn’t suggest we should overpay him, but he should be paid what he’s worth as a winger and keep him.

I’m not frothing on the prospect of Best joining the squad like some people here.

Pay him what he's worth as a winger / goal kicker and back up FB. If he isn't satisfied with that then good luck Rueben.

One thing that does annoy me with him, he can sook it up at times when tackled lying around looking at the ref, he never gets a penalty out of it, all it does is slow us down.

Anyway alot of rumours around about alot of our players, to be expected with the SHTF end of season form I guess.

I didn’t suggest we should overpay him, but he should be paid what he’s worth as a winger and keep him.

I’m not frothing on the prospect of Best joining the squad like some people here.
But that’s the issue.I suspect he’s more enamoured with fullback money than playing fullback

I dont understand why they'd sack Tex Hoy to sign Garrick.

I'd take Hoy and Bradman Best just on potential.

I mean we have been happy to put the 9 spot on hold for 3 years on hope a bloke who had played 30 games and his brothers who have never played a game.

If it’s true then you can’t begrudge him for wanting the extra $ and a stable position in a spine.

He’s shown this year at times he’s more than just a winger.

Garrick has some great moments too. Tom may have scored last year's try of the year but that was all down to Garrick never giving up on the play. He's become more confident in his game over the last two seasons and is more vocal on the field. Manly is already losing players with a lot of experience at the end of the year. I don't think we can afford to lose another one.

Pay him what he's worth as a winger / goal kicker and back up FB. If he isn't satisfied with that then good luck Rueben.

One thing that does annoy me with him, he can sook it up at times when tackled lying around looking at the ref, he never gets a penalty out of it, all it does is slow us down.

Anyway alot of rumours around about alot of our players, to be expected with the SHTF end of season form I guess.
Agreed with what you suggest he should be paid. Anymore then he can leave.

I would miss the guy, but can't pay overs to keep him.

Garrick has some great moments too. Tom may have scored last year's try of the year but that was all down to Garrick never giving up on the play. He's become more confident in his game over the last two seasons and is more vocal on the field. Manly is already losing players with a lot of experience at the end of the year. I don't think we can afford to lose another one.
They can afford to lose him in 2023 if he wants fullback money in 2024

If I was Garrick I'd get out of this place as soon as I could especially if it's for more $$. Come to Manly if you want to play for a career killing club.

So another one gone?

This is great, we can use Garricks money to further upgrade our current "stars".
If we believe the rumours he’s not the only one , we might be down to 3 Turbo’s and a Frog next year and about 25 of anyone else they can find in a Coco Pops packet to make up a side.

Just imagine Silvertails if that happens

I dont understand why they'd sack Tex Hoy to sign Garrick.

I'd take Hoy and Bradman Best just on potential.

I mean we have been happy to put the 9 spot on hold for 3 years on hope a bloke who had played 30 games and his brothers who have never played a game.
Hoy was close to the knights best player yesterday

Rumour has it that it is a done deal

Made references previously that while Reuben does good as an open field runner , last line of defence or even more agile wing defence has always been and still is a problem for him . Is getting better in chiming into the back line from full back but hardly in the top bracket with that either . Goal kicking would obviously be missed . Again thought that he would have received an upgrade already on his current contract but certainly not full back's money or moderate full back 's money . Hardly would consider a swap with Best to be an ideal outcome with Parker and Harper already on the scene . If Tippy toes continues his drop off in form and no Garrick , good chance that Ray Vaega could fit the bill , power runner and good finisher . Guess that when it gets to the stage of a player in some demand from another club [ if the reports in Garrick"s case are valid ] and his club not prepared to match any going price offer , not regarded as particularly indispensable , would not stand in his way . Better again to honour his contract but professional sport puts other factors in play .

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10