Ponting begs selectors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All Keepers in the state sides can bat, Campbell is the obvious one, he plays as a batsman when Gilchrist plays for WA.

Haddin seems to be next cab off the rank in the ODI list, and Seccombe is the best Keeper in the country, (and yes that includes Gilly) but isnt as good a bat but if a test spot was open he would get it.

yeah but by the time it becomes abailable only haddin is young enough to be considered but even then he will be a bit old.

Yeah true, although I dont think hes keeping anymore, although I'm not certain of that.

And hey whats the "wrong" side of 30 anyway :shock:

Yeah you're right he doesn't keep anymore. I knew Mudgee would try and claim him as their own, but he's not from Mudgee, he's from their superior arch-rival :wink: .

Bathurst was always easy prey in the Districts comp 8) , in my year anyway which was a few years below Rhett's.

I think i got my highest Rep score against Bathurst.

I dunno where he was from, just that he played for Mudgee. where are you talking about? Gulgong? Ive got an Uncle out there.

I coached the U-16s for three years and they won 2 comps form 3 GFs, My first year was Rhetts last year in 16s

Yeah that's where he is from.

You probably would have coached the Bathurst side in your third year against blokes i continually carved up in our local comp then in your third year :wink: . I retired from Rep cricket after the under 14's due to my coach being a toss.

Gee you have a very impressive record with the side, i didn't know Bathurst were that successful.

Just as well we didn't play five bowlers. We'd have been all out for 150.

Kasper won a Shiled final for Qld at the WACA. He'll do the job.

I hope so mata,

but i know that Brett would carve up that young top order. Im hoping dizzy fires.

Fro the wrong side of 30 is a problem when you trying to break into the aussie team, very few get a start after 30, and most are dropped by about 35 no matter how good they are playing. The selectors like to bring the new blood through - which will be needed in the next few years.

WE went all right, wish I could say it was the coach but that wouldnt quite be true.

There were some good players in that team, The Dean Brothers and a few others who are playing grade in Sydney now.

I knew what you meant about the age, just I'm on the uphill side of 30 and still feel and act like Im 25, recovery, however takes a bit longer :cry:

IM getting to know more and more people like that.

A friend of mine is 35 and she parties harder than most uni students.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4