Poor Attacking Structure/Formations Agggggggggaiin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our attacking problems were there when Orford was 'directing ' the ship.  09 was little different from this season.  We had a very good squad in 08, pace, power and more flair.  Don't forget Mark that Orford was offered two more years and chose to go.     

Nothing wrong with our attack the problem has been our ill disciplined 2nd halves in defense. We have dominated nearly every team in the first halves of most games yet capitulate in discipline and defense in 2nd halves. Due to poor fitness levels both physical fitness and mental fitness.

DSM5 link said:
Our attacking problems were there when Orford was 'directing ' the ship.  09 was little different from this season.  We had a very good squad in 08, pace, power and more flair.  Don't forget Mark that Orford was offered two more years and chose to go.       

And Manly's attacking problems were not magically solved by not signing Orford.  Despite the countless threads posted on this topic in this forum predicting otherwise.  We actually went backwards.

And how much was the claimed offer DSM?

to say we having nothing wrong with our attack this year is ludicrous.on 7 or 8 occasions we did not score a single point in the second half which must be close to a record for a side which made the top 8.I can only remember one occasion when we came from behind at halftime.It was basically a case of get behind and lose or get in front and hang on for grim death.As TC said the when is just as important as the how many.

I would like to know everyone's thoughts on which team in the comp has the best attack?

In my opinion you can have the best attack, but without good defence it is pointless. West tigers are a classic example. They probably have the best attack, but there defence is crap. They will not win the comp because of their defence.

MPC link said:
I would like to know everyone's thoughts on which team in the comp has the best attack?

In my opinion you can have the best attack, but without good defence it is pointless. West tigers are a classic example. They probably have the best attack, but there defence is crap. They will not win the comp because of their defence.

I think the Titans do, they are so quick.

MPC link said:
[quote author=Technical Coach link=topic=185287.msg293726#msg293726 date=1284281290]
MPC agree a full strength Manly would beat the Dragons but they will make it harder than it should be due to poor structures. Spot the back end of 2008 with shorter balls and more offloads through the middle as a starting point to where we have to get to again.

How many points were sored against us in the final series in 08. From memory I think it was 12. Our game was built on defence. Saints showed today if you can defend strongly and frustrate the opposition, the points will come.
[/quote]yep  12 points against 112 for.. in 3games
i might be wrong i was just thinking about it i was assuming the warriors game was 36-6 also but now when i think about it  , warriors game might have been 30-6  ;D

It felt like groundhog day when Gasnier took off out wide, all our backs chasing and not getting anywhere, and Farrar ran around at the end. When Gasnier runs 80 metres untouched then Houston we have a problem.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6