Potential Loss of Our Major Sponsor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gambling crosses....in the news.....

Cross Addiction ?

Charlie Day Ok GIF

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
I dont like the live crosses or segments where they talk betting, get rid of those.

Ads, well I think a limit may be the way to go, 1 gambling ad per break or something, then the networks can selk that to the highest bidder.

Jersey sponsorship doesnt greatly bother me as I don't think it is as coercive

First it was cigarettes

Now they want to eliminate gambling

Then they’ll punt breweries.

Then they’ll punt fast food chains

How about Huggies Nappies , does that meet the clean , green , woke , gender neutral ideas of today ??
Good idea but I reckon there’s a bunch of nappy activists out there who say they’re bad and kids should be allowed to relieve themselves anywhere they want.

I must have big problems…….love a Pepsi Max but can’t stand the punt (remember Tom Waterhouse ruining Friday Night Footy?).

I can’t believe the number of fast food sponsored teams on shorts. I also hate the same sponsors backing different teams.

We have betting, alcohol and fast food as our sponsors - I see that as a corporate risk going forward as you say as they will be the next to go.

Bring back Pioneer Stereo they were harmless……what did you say I can’t hear you?
problem is there's no motivation in it for the traditional type of sponsor.

In a world of everyone wants everything companies like apple or 50 other blue chippers don't get anything from the advertising in the NRL.

Just because Samsung has its name on our jersey wont make me buy one. Polar opposite for the big sports like football or NFL. sponsors want to be attached to them. NRL is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

that leaves us with the betting companies and fast food joints.

I dont like the live crosses or segments where they talk betting, get rid of those.

Ads, well I think a limit may be the way to go, 1 gambling ad per break or something, then the networks can selk that to the highest bidder.

Jersey sponsorship doesnt greatly bother me as I don't think it is as coercive
I'm enjoying watch Joel Caine of late as he continues to grow and grow and grow. Not sure if he is plugging Sportsbet, KFC or Four Pines but he is certainly relfecting the desired demographic.

Forgive me if I've got this wrong - but have you just lumped Christianity in with gambling and tobacco usage?

Why?

What's the connection? It seems.............random.

Or does 'crosses' refer to hot cross buns? I like those - please don't ban them!

If someone from a so-called 'Christian' background has seriously wronged you, then - the fault is all theirs. I hope you can find peace some day - if needed.

Bringing the idea of the abolition of Christianity into a topic about gambling sponsorship on jerseys might seem to indicate that an individual has an agenda of sorts.

Politics and religion - things seem to spiral downwards here on Silvertails whenever these areas are brought up. I'm sure all the Mods on here - yourself included - have guidelines on that sort of thing, so we'll leave it there.

BTW - I completely agree with you re: gambling and tobacco. Both bad.
Segment crosses to gambling info not religious messages. Funny that your mind went to religion though. 🤣🤣

Like I say, it doesn't make me want to gamble, so I don't know why. And I don't care as long as the club benefits.
Here is the thing...it is most likely not targeted at you which does not mean it is not a highly effective technique

Segment crosses to gambling info not religious messages. Funny that your mind went to religion though. 🤣🤣
Word association.

"Live crosses to..........whatever" I understand completely.

Crosses on it's own.....cross to bear? I feel cross? Lots of cross people? The French version - perhaps (la)cross(e)? Level crossing? Crossroads? Crosswords? Been a few of those.

Given the amount of politics and religion that we've had on here in the last 12 months, to me it's perhaps not as hilarious as it may first appear. Almost.

C'est la vie. Non, rien de rien - non, je ne regrette rien.

Word association.

"Live crosses to..........whatever" I understand completely.

Crosses on it's own.....cross to bear? I feel cross? Lots of cross people? The French version - perhaps (la)cross(e)? Level crossing? Crossroads? Crosswords? Been a few of those.

Given the amount of politics and religion that we've had on here in the last 12 months, to me it's perhaps not as hilarious as it may first appear. Almost.

C'est la vie. Non, rien de rien - non, je ne regrette rien.
You would not have been the first to mis interpret something (as we all have!)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4