Practical Suggestions to Improve

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
yeah some good points
the tom thing with bombs needs to be alot better, i mean snake was lethal with bombs in the air.
jake and tom need to combine alot more
no problems with our go forward jake, marty, addin and paseka damaging.
its the end to sets unfortunately thats come to dce - i dont know how we fix this.
the walker at 6 yeah postive he got alot more ball in hand negative he go no idea in attack.
suli very solid in defence anf thompson best game
again we are missing blake green end to sets, there no repeat sets at all. dce bomb to wright i mean he had tom inside him run it. i have grave concerns is around our 7 our go forward is massive but he got zero idea.
Ah yes, how forgetful of me. I was remembering those Lyon bomb moments and completely forgot about the obvious one... lol

Need Tom T to talk more in defence....like a silent movie from the back....front line head scratching and not knowing who has who?
Need to change up Wright from the wing.....add Sipley to the wing if needed - he must go
Need better shape in attack- our local U14’s team reloads better with bodies in motion than Manly in Roosters 20m line
Must keep the belief as 4 losses this year could easily be victories, take that into next week and play the old school 1 week at a time to see how it plays out

Again I say one of this teams biggest weakness is it's lack of basic grapple. It was interesting to see them practicing, well attempting to lock up the ball, through to putting a player on his back in the warm up today. They were slightly better today. But only slightly. Our players are just so clunky with a basic pin.

Most of our guys are just way too loose, but even when they are in a great position they don't fight to dominate the tackle and get the opponent on his back.

Our team is having to work so much harder, with opposition getting quick play of the balls from getting to their stomachs, where as when we have the ball our boys rarely find the tum tum and our play of the ball have to be the slowest in the comp by a mile.

Good to see the boys working on it today. But damn they need to spend a lot more time on it.

Need Tom T to talk more in defence....like a silent movie from the back....front line head scratching and not knowing who has who?
Need to change up Wright from the wing.....add Sipley to the wing if needed - he must go
Need better shape in attack- our local U14’s team reloads better with bodies in motion than Manly in Roosters 20m line
Must keep the belief as 4 losses this year could easily be victories, take that into next week and play the old school 1 week at a time to see how it plays out

What we need is a 5/8 who can organise the attack. Unfortunately though in what seems to be a pattern with Barrett's coaching (though this year its also been brought on by the coach letting personality clashes dominate team selection), we play with 3 centres and a halfback who is a runner, not an organiser.

Its been said a million times ,but its simply -Get back to basics.
Dont be trying cut out passes ,flick backs until you have some confidence,Just catch the &*!@ing thing,and pass backwards.
Dont be kicking early or going for 40/20,s when you keep kicking out on the full and missing sitters.
Every forward needs better ball security ,we dont need an offload every tackle ,especially when the other 12 guys are on the back foot and nobody chasing the ruck.
Stop trying to be the games best ,at the moment ,you are the probably the leagues worst.
The special plays are great when a team is confident ,but we are not.Ive never seen a Manly team lacking confidence so badly.
Backrowers game in game out over running the ball ,forcing forward passes .Stopping in the oppositions defensive line and all the shepherding .Wtf.
This year with the new Nrl being a whistle blowers wet dream ,we seem to be giving more stupid penalties away more than ever.
Our missing pieces are a game controlling 5/8 and a captain ,who backs himself and can rise through adversity and actually lead a team.Unfortunately Dce does the opposite.He needs someone to take the pressure off him .(Unfortunately doesnt look like this is happening this season)
Play simple ,get some confidence back.Back to basics .

Regards,Supercoach.....

Last edited:
The common theme from all the above posters is that the issues that occur every week, most of them basic, are not being addressed. Tom continues to be positionally horrible, our defending of kicks, our lack of competing for attacking high kicks, lack of organisation in the red zone , ball security, losing the ruck and glacier like play the balls,mouthing off .... all are still obvious.

This is coaching. Throw in the selections and use of the bench and to me Barrett has failed in his mandate.

Our situation is down to players and coach. There will be players who will pay the price at the end of this year from hell by being moved on; the coach must be under similar scrutiny.

If Matt Wright plays next week that alone should be the end of him.That selection is a JOKE.
The finals are a pipe dream. Will Matt Wright improve? He won’t even be here next year. This is a time to plan for the future.As for his tiff with Hastings .. don’t get me started. Man up ffs. It’s a workplace. Not a kindergarten.

The finals are a pipe dream after 9 rounds. With our draw the spoon looms large. Not good enough.

Last edited:
I think Suli was lucky today due to the Roosters poor attack.Latrell Mitchell is being wasted at the moment due to Roosters reluctance to spread the ball.He could of torn an unfit Suli apart today
If my memory serves me correct I think Jimmy the Jet plays the opposite side to Suli next week which may be a blessing.

Bennet would not be the coach he is if he doesn’t give Jimmy a roving commission next week in attack to test Moses.One on one with early ball it would be an impossible task for the big lad at the moment.

Thought Suli was solid today and did what he was asked to do. Roosters just don’t give Mitchell any early ball. It’s crazy.I have no doubt Jimmy will test him next week and we will know more of his prospects. He has talent no doubt if his fitness improves.

Barrettt really has no more control once his charges are on the field and are still making the same fundamental errors and poor options . Seem to still need some better confidence in each other defensively and which has been even a worse problem in previous games and again yesterday ie. Kelly coming in on Tedesco allowing an overlap when one on one defence is so vital . Maybe some more block runners in the opposition red zone and still seems too much one off runs in general serving very little purpose . Definitely need more of an up tempo follow on after the good meters that some of the forwards continue to make and Tom really has to help himself to try to eliminate some of his indifferent form but at his best can still offer so much for the team . Bit overdue now to give Tom Wright a go overt Matt , maybe not costing the team games but as things stand now , time to give some potential a go .

Suli did look promising yesterday and with for example the inclusion of Tom Wright in the outside backs and with Tom T and Walker to be at their best again , plenty of X factor there for the rest of this season . [ and add Anderson to the list there next year]

We’ve just got 5 losses in a row, imagine this place if by the time we get to the Bye we’ve had 12 losses in a row , and whilst I don’t think that’ll happen it’s certainly possible.

Look at the draw and tell me based on what we have now where you can see a win.

You can’t see one , just like me , however as I said during last week a win will probably come when we least expect it.

I hope!!

We’ve just got 5 losses in a row, imagine this place if by the time we get to the Bye we’ve had 12 losses in a row , and whilst I don’t think that’ll happen it’s certainly possible.

You can’t see one , just like me , however as I said during last week a win will probably come when we least expect it.

I hope!!

Canberra is a likely win for sure, Cows are a shocker this year too and Bolton is up on charges.

More importantly hold he can start to change the culture that dropped balls and back chat will not longer be tolerated.
This is one thing Barrett could change easily. He needs to lay the law down that this behaviour is not tolerated. Then he could have a fine system where players are fined for any backchat.

Last edited:
Our back 3 drop too many balls from kicks and they easily the worst in the NRL.

They need to practice, practice, practice taking these kicks as it really is not up to NRL standard.

Putting other teams aside, we need to hold on to the football. We are going to accomplish NOTHING until we can do that.We are not playing BASIC football properly let alone trying to do all this other stuff.It makes me wonder what is going on at training because we seem to just go through the motions at the game and even have trouble doing that.3 tries scored yesterday off dropped balls. Hello Manly test for echo, test for echo.Sarcasm intended.I am pissed and cant believe our players as individuals have not fixed this already.Either we have no brains or we are in total denial.Feel free to give me dummy spits because i make no attempt to hide it.As i said in a previous post we made effort but what good is effort when we cant fix this ball handling curse we have created for ourselves.There is no effort in that.We are still chasing our tail.The more that things change the more they stay the same. Now this is the bloody truth.

I hope!!

We'll beat the donkeys this week.

Our back 3 drop too many balls from kicks and they easily the worst in the NRL.

They need to practice, practice, practice taking these kicks as it really is not up to NRL standard.
The commentators on 9 did say that Uate practiced at least 10 kicks to his side and caught all of them pretty well. I think Matt Wright is safe under the high ball but Tom could do worse than put in the same effort that Uate has for the high ball.

The commentators on 9 did say that Uate practiced at least 10 kicks to his side and caught all of them pretty well. I think Matt Wright is safe under the high ball but Tom could do worse than put in the same effort that Uate has for the high ball.

I was thinking more during the week and every week, rather than on game day.

Like the other teams down the bottom we needed to lift our game. And we have thankfully. Just cant regress to the previous months performances and we will get some wins for sure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10